"Kearny On The Web"

Guest Anonymous Poster

Guest Anonymous Poster

Kearny On The Web is a GREAT site, and I truly mean that.

A Lot of people complain about anonymous posters on this site. I think there should be more sites like Kearny on the web. It enables people to voice an opinion without identifying themselves, and while some would think it cowardly, it is a vital necessity in todays political and community climate. There is an overload of disseminated information available to the public. But unfortunately the public in general only receives information that Government and Administration wants it to get. And if individuals come out publically against authority, those individuals and their families are retaliated against by authority. That is a fact; those who think it untrue try and butt heads with elected authority in town and watch what happens.

Why did I choose now to reiterate what should be a standard state of affairs? Because of the one poster who stated a particular Board of Ed official would not be re-elected. A supporter responded saying no one would remember come election time. It is sites like these that keep a watch and provide information that is not released to the public. And people will most definitely double check things and remember transgressions come election time. Change is coming!

If the Mayor thinks he is running unopposed again he is dreaming. Mayor Santos downfall will not be the rising taxes (they are going up everywhere in this state!) but rather how he sits idly by and allows people like D'Arco and Cattafi ruin this once proud town. There WILL be changes on the council. And for sure there will be new blood running for the Board of Education. The citizenry of Kearny is tired of the "Same Old Same Old" and there is a new blood who are learning what it takes to become part of the autocracy. hopefully these new people come in and establish new policies and procedures for a better Kearny, instead of running it for their own individual benefits.

Guest Guest

A Lot of people complain about anonymous posters on this site. I think there should be more sites like Kearny on the web. It enables people to voice an opinion without identifying themselves, and while some would think it cowardly, it is a vital necessity in todays political and community climate. There is an overload of disseminated information available to the public. But unfortunately the public in general only receives information that Government and Administration wants it to get. And if individuals come out publically against authority, those individuals and their families are retaliated against by authority. That is a fact; those who think it untrue try and butt heads with elected authority in town and watch what happens.

Why did I choose now to reiterate what should be a standard state of affairs? Because of the one poster who stated a particular Board of Ed official would not be re-elected. A supporter responded saying no one would remember come election time. It is sites like these that keep a watch and provide information that is not released to the public. And people will most definitely double check things and remember transgressions come election time. Change is coming!

If the Mayor thinks he is running unopposed again he is dreaming. Mayor Santos downfall will not be the rising taxes (they are going up everywhere in this state!) but rather how he sits idly by and allows people like D'Arco and Cattafi ruin this once proud town. There WILL be changes on the council. And for sure there will be new blood running for the Board of Education. The citizenry of Kearny is tired of the "Same Old Same Old" and there is a new blood who are learning what it takes to become part of the autocracy. hopefully these new people come in and establish new policies and procedures for a better Kearny, instead of running it for their own individual benefits.

It's only cowardly if you're attacking someone whose identity is known, without making yours known. Like what you just did.

Guest Guest

A Lot of people complain about anonymous posters on this site. I think there should be more sites like Kearny on the web. It enables people to voice an opinion without identifying themselves,

You can register without identifying yourself. The problem with the anonymous posting is that:

There's a million "Guest"s and most of the time you don't know who said what.

Without registering a name, anyone can impersonate you easily.

To fix both these problems, just pick a name, doesn't have to have anything to do with you personally, and register. You'll be doing everyone else you want to have a reasoned discussion with a favor.

Also, you seem to have this idea that you are more anonymous to the administrator of the forum if you post without registering. You're not. The server logs all of the same info either way.

and while some would think it cowardly, it is a vital necessity in todays political and community climate. There is an overload of disseminated information available to the public. But unfortunately the public in general only receives information that Government and Administration wants it to get. And if individuals come out publically against authority, those individuals and their families are retaliated against by authority. That is a fact; those who think it untrue try and butt heads with elected authority in town and watch what happens.

Registering under a name you choose doesn't disrupt any of the above.

The citizenry of Kearny is tired of the "Same Old Same Old" and there is a new blood who are learning what it takes to become part of the autocracy. hopefully these new people come in and establish new policies and procedures for a better Kearny, instead of running it for their own individual benefits.

I say "don't hold your breath", but okay.

Guest Guest

Well, if this site is to inform the populous beyond what the "government" and "administration" want them to know, perhaps you could inform everyone how D'Arco and Cattafi are ruining this "once proud town". Are they the autocracy that will bring the downfall of Kearny? How? And if you are so informed, pass on who the "new blood" are who will save us.

Guest Guest
It's only cowardly if you're attacking someone whose identity is known, without making yours known. Like what you just did.

So I should give my name and have repercussions against my children, like how ***** ******* does not hire kids of people who went up against him concerning baseball and then those kids were not hired for Town Rec jobs?