The Stevenson, Torres, Mayor Santos Connection?

Guest Kearny Parent

Guest Still Not Working
No problems with King. He seems like a competent person and a good addition to the board. Onlt time will tell. O'Malley, however, what a trip. If John Campbell doesn't tell him what to say and how to say it, he's speechless.

Wasn't this pre-election BS? That's right, John Campbell is still the new guys campaign manager. If anyone should be speechless it should be you. If you don't know what you're saying don't say anything at all. Campbell never knew omalley and vice versa. Keep boinkin your pig, one day you'll go blind.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest How Dumb can one be...
Sounds like the BOE should be more careful hiring outside electrical contractors. I hear that the light in question WAS installed by a "most qualified" electrical contractor, NJ license and all. Sounds to me like that contractor who did the original work screwed up and left a very dangerous situatiuon for the BOE guys to handle.

Let's get this right, the BOE licensed electrician got a shock that put him out of work. Any lay person would know that any time you work on an open circuit you should cut the power, I guess we must have a real smart guy working for the board. Now also you say the man is out on sick leave then who installed the new electrical power to Roosevelt School over the past few days because their power kept going out? Is it legal to put lines in without a licensed person I guess I will be calling the town hall on Monday and ask if this is allowed it seems to me that to put new electric in a SCHOOL you would need a LICENSED person and he's been out sick thanks for that info and I did confirm that he is out and he is the only one who is licensed. If you try to run lines in your home you would be fined.Does it hold true for a school or it really doesn't matter at a school if the job is done by the same guys who do the cleaning? I guess on Monday I'll get my answer. If you are a Roosevelt school parent you should be concerned about this God only knows if the job was done right. The power has been going off for years and the last 2 weeks more than ever but remember Roosevelt always get the best! (not)

Guest Shocking Truth
Sounds like the BOE should be more careful hiring outside electrical contractors. I hear that the light in question WAS installed by a "most qualified" electrical contractor, NJ license and all. Sounds to me like that contractor who did the original work screwed up and left a very dangerous situatiuon for the BOE guys to handle.

Here is the truth, the blame can not be placed anywhere else than on the guy that got shocked. I am an "old timer" with lots of info about the kearny schools. The light in question is located in what is refered to as the auxilirary gym. Those lights are "original" to when the building was built. (1972) So cut the crap with "I hear", that's the problem, everybody loves to spread rumors. There is no way possible to put blame anywhere else, nowhere! The guy who worked on a light, which has been working fine for almost 40 years and now needs to be repaired or replaced, should have, like any other competent worker, turned off the breaker for the light. Case closed, end of discussion, no blaming anybody else but yourself for a dumb mistake. People around here have to start being accountable for their own actions and stop looking to pass blame everywhere else.

Guest Guest
Here is the truth, the blame can not be placed anywhere else than on the guy that got shocked. I am an "old timer" with lots of info about the kearny schools. The light in question is located in what is refered to as the auxilirary gym. Those lights are "original" to when the building was built. (1972) So cut the crap with "I hear", that's the problem, everybody loves to spread rumors. There is no way possible to put blame anywhere else, nowhere! The guy who worked on a light, which has been working fine for almost 40 years and now needs to be repaired or replaced, should have, like any other competent worker, turned off the breaker for the light. Case closed, end of discussion, no blaming anybody else but yourself for a dumb mistake. People around here have to start being accountable for their own actions and stop looking to pass blame everywhere else.

You seem to know alot about the setup of the gym. Maybe you're the "old timer" who did the original work.

Guest OinkinFromTheBoinkin
Wasn't this pre-election BS? That's right, John Campbell is still the new guys campaign manager. If anyone should be speechless it should be you. If you don't know what you're saying don't say anything at all. Campbell never knew omalley and vice versa. Keep boinkin your pig, one day you'll go blind.

Some people seem to be really touchy about the Campbell/O'Malley connection. I can see why O'Malley supporters have to work full time protecting him. Isn't Campbell who has the ethics charges against him with the state? If I were O'Malley, I'm sure its really smart to align himself with a person of such high values. Maybe O'Malley can be Campbell's personal advisor after the state commission releases their verdict.

Guest No Campbell Needed
Some people seem to be really touchy about the Campbell/O'Malley connection. I can see why O'Malley supporters have to work full time protecting him. Isn't Campbell who has the ethics charges against him with the state? If I were O'Malley, I'm sure its really smart to align himself with a person of such high values. Maybe O'Malley can be Campbell's personal advisor after the state commission releases their verdict.

The fact of the matter is the people who have been in place since O'malley got elected have been VERY TOUCHY and trying to discredit him for some UNKNOWN reason. The bottom line is people don't like when someone knows more than them, because they feel threatened. Plus, now the boat has begun to rock and they have to be careful. tHE OTHER FACT, which is getting REAL OLD, is that he has some connection to Campbell. He never had anything to do with Campbell, did not know him, Campbell did not know him. The only connection between Omalley and campbell is they now know who each other is through the BOE. Period.

Let's talk about investigations. Big deal, ethics charges against campbell, just a lame attempt to HARASS a guy who speaks his piece. The charges are weak. But now how about the FBI checking into certain individuals at the BOE office. That is serious!!!! It will all come out. keep trash talking everything comes full circle jackass!

Guest Guest

Wasn't the guy who got shocked named *****? Any relation to board member Doran?

Guest The Stevenson Connection
Does the inner workings of the construcion business need to have 2 people on the same page? 1. The general contractor, 2.The Architect, Do these people control the purse strings? Mr Stevenson being in the construction business should know this and needs to let his fellow board members know how materials are purchased, how subcontractors are selected, who influences who does the work, Again we would hope that Mr Stevenson will educate his fellow board members on the inner workings of the construction trade so to avoid and prevent possible abuse of the system, with the goal of making every tax dollar count in the interests of the Kearny Taxpayers and MOST OF ALL "THE SCHOOL CHILDREN OF KEARNY"

Is there a third person with a personal interest in being on the same page as the 2 people above? Kearny needs to change architects. In to long its time for a change.

Guest Guest
Is there a third person with a personal interest in being on the same page as the 2 people above? Kearny needs to change architects. In to long its time for a change.

The only two people with a personal interest who want to change the architect are Campbell and O'Malley. Campbell wants to throw all architecture business to a close personal friend. O'Malley wants to hide his electrical business under Campbell's friend hoping no one will notice him trying to get KBOE work. With these two on board, the KBOE is definitely in trouble.

Guest Scared Stupid
The only two people with a personal interest who want to change the architect are Campbell and O'Malley. Campbell wants to throw all architecture business to a close personal friend. O'Malley wants to hide his electrical business under Campbell's friend hoping no one will notice him trying to get KBOE work. With these two on board, the KBOE is definitely in trouble.

ARE YOU REALLY THAT STUPID TO COME UP WITH POSTS LIKE THAT, OR ARE YOU HOPING THAT PEOPLE WHO READ THESE POSTS ARE DUMBER THAN YOU? KEEP TRYING YOU'RE MAKING CAMPBELL LOOK GOOD FOR ONCE!!!! :blink:

Guest Guest

I guess O'Malley would have to dress up in a diguise right? No one would notice him doing an electrical job in one of the schools, You must really be stupid!!! It's funny how people get nervous when questions get asked. Again the trying to connect Campbell and O'Malley once again the answer is there is no connection they didn't know each other until the election, keep trying come up with another story this one is getting real old. I know a better story O'Malley and Degesere have been friends for years they go fishing, vacation down the shore, share fine cigars and have kept this secret for a long time. Okay your turn lets try another version.....

Guest School Watch

Lets not lose sight as to who has been overseeing the work in these schools the last several years. Stevenson and Fallon are joined by the hip. The board is blind to this relationship. He also had a close relationship with Gibson the other architect and couldn't save him. This one board member has been able to convince everyone that these people are great. Yea at what cost to the taxpayers? Does Stevenson have a personal interest with these professionals? We need to break the chain in this cozy relationship and appoint an architect who will be accountable to the entire board and not just a chosen few. Mr OMalley has a background in this area and should monitor what this guy Stevenson does. Make a change in architects in the interests of saving tax dollars.

• 1 month later...
Guest School Watch
Lets not lose sight as to who has been overseeing the work in these schools the last several years. Stevenson and Fallon are joined by the hip. The board is blind to this relationship. He also had a close relationship with Gibson the other architect and couldn't save him. This one board member has been able to convince everyone that these people are great. Yea at what cost to the taxpayers? Does Stevenson have a personal interest with these professionals? We need to break the chain in this cozy relationship and appoint an architect who will be accountable to the entire board and not just a chosen few. Mr OMalley has a background in this area and should monitor what this guy Stevenson does. Make a change in architects in the interests of saving tax dollars.

With Layoffs "LOOMING" just take a look at these fees that Fallon was paid. Many teachers could have survived the cuts that are about to come in Kearny's Schools. Frankie D. will be long gone by the time the storm hits. To many questions remain unanswered and need to be addressed publicly about the relationship Stevenson has with this architect. He was reappointed at the June meeting by a 5 to 4 vote. I commend those board members that voted no in the interests of saving teachers jobs and preserving the quality of life in our school system. Board members that voted no watch this man's bills.

Guest Puddin' Pants
With Layoffs "LOOMING" just take a look at these fees that Fallon was paid. Many teachers could have survived the cuts that are about to come in Kearny's Schools. Frankie D. will be long gone by the time the storm hits. To many questions remain unanswered and need to be addressed publicly about the relationship Stevenson has with this architect. He was reappointed at the June meeting by a 5 to 4 vote. I commend those board members that voted no in the interests of saving teachers jobs and preserving the quality of life in our school system. Board members that voted no watch this man's bills.

Did you happen to notice that the 4 BOE members who voted NO for the architect over "money issues" were the same 4 BOE members that voted YES to use THOUSANDS $$$ of the taxpayers hard earned dollars to pay a lawyer to represent John Campbell with his state ethics charges? Your commendation is seriously misplaced if you think this whole architect issue is about saving teachers jobs and preserving the quality of life in our school system. JC's state ethics charges could cost the district TENS OF THOUSANDS of $$$$$$ when all is said and done. How many teachers will that be worth? JC doesn't care about his cost to the Kearny taxpayers. All that he wants is to remain on the BOE because he WANTS to vote YES to teachers' layoffs. He says so openly at every opportunity.

It was said many times before so now I'll chime in. Only two people on the BOE have a direct personal interest in changing the architect They are Campbell and O'Malley. They have 4 votes and will keep pushing their agenda until they get what they want. Campbell wants to throw all architecture business to a close personal friend. O'Malley wants to hide his electrical business under Campbell's friend. He did it with the contractor at KHS when he ran for the BOE and wants to do it again. He's still hoping no one will notice him trying to get KBOE work again.

Watching the Campbell 3-ring circus is proving entertaining but it is also proving something else. It is proving that agendas hurt our children and that those 4 BOE members have agendas that are already hurting our children and our district tremendously.

Guest Stop Lying

Did you happen to notice that the 4 BOE members who voted NO for the architect over "money issues" were the same 4 BOE members that voted YES to use THOUSANDS $$$ of the taxpayers hard earned dollars to pay a lawyer to represent John Campbell with his state ethics charges? Your commendation is seriously misplaced if you think this whole architect issue is about saving teachers jobs and preserving the quality of life in our school system. JC's state ethics charges could cost the district TENS OF THOUSANDS of $$$$$$ when all is said and done. How many teachers will that be worth? JC doesn't care about his cost to the Kearny taxpayers. All that he wants is to remain on the BOE because he WANTS to vote YES to teachers' layoffs. He says so openly at every opportunity.

It was said many times before so now I'll chime in. Only two people on the BOE have a direct personal interest in changing the architect They are Campbell and O'Malley. They have 4 votes and will keep pushing their agenda until they get what they want. Campbell wants to throw all architecture business to a close personal friend. O'Malley wants to hide his electrical business under Campbell's friend. He did it with the contractor at KHS when he ran for the BOE and wants to do it again. He's still hoping no one will notice him trying to get KBOE work again.

Watching the Campbell 3-ring circus is proving entertaining but it is also proving something else. It is proving that agendas hurt our children and that those 4 BOE members have agendas that are already hurting our children and our district tremendously.

[/quote

You are the same poster, writing the same false accusations about people and this time also with no facts!

Fact #1-- John Campbell has cost the taxpayers $0, there has been no money spent on attorneys for him. That is because the ethic charges keep being dropped one after another. The people that are trying to spend taxpayers money are the ones that keep trying to pin an issue on JC, but nothing sticks. They just want him gone because he asks the hard questions that no one else asks and they don't like it! By the way if a board member needs legal council because of issue that arrise while serving as a board member, legal council MUST be provided. Why are the FIVE board members refusing JC council, if it was for them millions would be spent!!!

Fact #2- Obviously you were either at the last meeting or are a cronie of Stevenson with the info you gave. So here is some other info. Your info on the architect is wrong. Look at how much this guy has been paid, it is almost criminal. Because someone is questioning something makes them have a personal goal for themselves in mind? Get your facts straight, Campbell couldn't build a popcilcle stick house, nor does he have any close friends that are architects, and O'Malley has never stated he wants to GET RID of the architect. Once again, because someone questions something the BS flies and you can keep throwing out that O'Malley is trying to do work for the BOE all you want, the bottom line is he CAN NOT do any work while a board member. Period. Also, you said it yourself, he did work at the high school "while running" for the BOE. Nothing wrong with that, perfectly legal. Maybe you wish he could do work again, because he was one of the better contractors the BOE used. Now back to your vote count (5-4) for approval of the architect, wrong again. The vote was actually (5-3), the guy you tried to bash, O'Malley, did not vote. See, once again all false accusations against people who trying to be fair and honest, something that the "old" BOE is not! But soon the public will start to see what is going on and take an interest in the issues taking place.

Fact #3- You want to talk about people with agendas hurting our district. Look at all the people getting hired, all friends and family, not "best qualified". Now go and look at the VOTES. I think you will see who is not doing their job on the BOE, starting at the SUPT. and funneling right into the BOE.

Fact #3- You want to talk about TEACHERS and the possibilities of layoffs. Just remember this post next year when teachers are told there is going to be layoffs. Remember that 3 million dollars was spent on a building on Midland Ave which in reality was done to move the board offices out of franklin to give franklin (4) classrooms. So let's say 3 million dollars for (4) classrooms or (40) teachers jobs at an average salary of $75.000.00. SO TEACHERS WHAT WOULD YOU GO FOR? See you all at the next budget hearing.