Town Cutting PD Budget & Reducing Officers

Guest He Who Knows

Guest Guest
Mr. Policeman... You have got to be a cop to know where the cars are being fixed and the bad radios

WE NEED COPS yes I agree the crime is raging but no one admits it go to the Bergen Mall after 10PM and there you will see the scum hanging arround but you won't see is the police!!!!!!!!!!

Quit the double talk and DO YOUR JOB

No I am not a Cop, I own a scanner!!!!!!! I support the HPD 100000%! I respect them for the job they do and the crap they have to deal with. Sounds like I hit a nerve you must be the moron who can't fix the car and your Boss can't show you or tell you because he only knows numbers right?

Guest Ricky G
Well, the chickens have come to roost. There will be demotions an layoffs on the Fire Dept. and a demotion on the Police Dept of a high ranking official. There also will be layoffs throughout the other departments. The Town is several million in the red even after getting 6.6 million from the State. What can they do? The HFD has to merge with the East Newark Volunteer FD and the HPD has to merge with the East Newark PD. East Newark shouldn't even exist and all State aid should be eliminated forcing it to merge. This is the only way out of this fiscal mess. Another idea is to do away with the Police and Fire Chiefs and make 1 civilian director of Public Safety. It would save several 100 thousands.

Hey! You are getting six cops from East Newark P.D. that should be good for the HPD lol lol lol no more crime lol lol lol :lol::lol:

Guest Cisco

I have the solution to your problems. Being the Mayor hates the cops and considers the fireman his own children, Harrison should disbanned the Police Department just like Janesueski did to the Hudson County Cops. The displaced cops could then be integrated with the current fire department and bring the FD up to over 100 men to fight the daily fires in Harrison. The cops won't complain because it's a much easier job with higher pay. They will just need more beds, sheets, and pillows from Walmart. Then if you need a cop, the town can utilize the HC Sheriffs Department. It may take like 1/2 an hour to get police reponse, but they don't care now so whats the difference? At least 20 of the 40 cops would have to start out at Captains pay to keep in line with the current FD. PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! Gotta go now, the breeze off the water is starting top pick up and I have to close the doors. It gets cool at night down the shore.

Guest Spankme MacFarland

Mayor McDumb@ss

When's the April town meeting gonna be that you already cancelled, you chicken@#&%???!!!!

Hope you're ready....maybe you can give an abatement to ticketmaster to sell tickets for the upcoming town meetings. Your gonna need the money and its gonna be a full house.

Mr. Mayor....YOU'RE FIRED :lol::D:lol:

Well here we are in April and there still has not been a fire in Harrison for the bravest to show that they earn their money. What the heck do we need 60 fireman at inflated salaries for? It would even be easier to just let go the ones that are not family or relatives this way Mayor McD**ba** will not feel bad. Another solution would be to cut their salaries and just put them "on-call" and when they get beeped they can respond from the shore to suit up for a picture in the observer that they were there.

Guest solution right at our door

WHY NOT START OUR OWN "SAVE HARRISON LOTTERY" . WE HAVE A TOWN EMPLOYEE WHO ACORDING TO REPORTS FROM OUR LEGAL COURTS HAS EXPIERIENCE WITH ORIGINIZED GAMBLING AND HAS CONNECTIONS TO IMPLIMENT IT. NOW WHY DIDN'T OUR MAYOR TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT RESOURCE ?????

Guest Calixto

What do you expect from the Mayor and council? In my opinion, I believe the highest level of education any of them have achieved is high school or G.E.D. (Good Enough Diploma). The Mayor is a damn plumber who had to have Powell illegally appoint him to PVSC to get a salary. Did he fill out an application? He can't run his own plumbing business so how the hell do you expect him to do a town budget. He relies on Pete the Board of Education ******, *** Ronnie down at the garage, the midget Tom Powell who nobody, including himself, can figure out what the heck his job is, and the 90 year old bun. She is so out of it that the plumber had to hire Graves to keep her awake. You think you are dealing with smart people, but reality hurts. Dollarhan is no genius for over a hundred grand job (ever talk to him-then you will know the truth). The Fire Department is way out of control because you know the names: Dollarhan, *****, ******* and other relatives. The town is in such bad shape that you are going to have to buy your own medical benefits soon on an individual basis. The crooks have amassed great wealth and second homes so when the shit hits the fan they can just exit stage left. None of the council, except for the McCormicks, could get a job paying more than minimum wage if they are canned. The redevelopement is not going to happen, taxes are going up, and the cops I believe finally realize that they are considered garbage by the crooks who threaten them with layoffs when the entire town till is empty. This is not the first time. History repeats itself. Even a dog gets a warm piece of the sidewalk, but that can't happen because the blvd. south no longer has one. WAKE UP- GET OUT-and don't look back.

Guest inneed
Mayor McDumb@ss

When's the April town meeting gonna be that you already cancelled, you chicken@#&%???!!!!

Hope you're ready....maybe you can give an abatement to ticketmaster to sell tickets for the upcoming town meetings. Your gonna need the money and its gonna be a full house.

Mr. Mayor....YOU'RE FIRED :lol::D:lol:

Whose selling the tickets? I need a job. I forgot How much are they?

Guest Harrison's Bravest
Well here we are in April and there still has not been a fire in Harrison for the bravest to show that they earn their money. What the heck do we need 60 fireman at inflated salaries for? It would even be easier to just let go the ones that are not family or relatives this way Mayor McD**ba** will not feel bad. Another solution would be to cut their salaries and just put them "on-call" and when they get beeped they can respond from the shore to suit up for a picture in the observer that they were there.

Papi, you changed your name from Tabby. What's up with that ?? I'd like to extend to you the same

invitation I gave to your alter-ego Tabby. Stop by the firehouse the next time you're on days, we'll cook

you a nice steak and lobster tail. You'll like that better than those fattening donuts you eat every day.

Guest Guest
What do you expect from the Mayor and council? In my opinion, I believe the highest level of education any of them have achieved is high school or G.E.D. (Good Enough Diploma). The Mayor is a damn plumber who had to have Powell illegally appoint him to PVSC to get a salary. Did he fill out an application? He can't run his own plumbing business so how the hell do you expect him to do a town budget. He relies on Pete the Board of Education ******, *** Ronnie down at the garage, the midget Tom Powell who nobody, including himself, can figure out what the heck his job is, and the 90 year old bun. She is so out of it that the plumber had to hire Graves to keep her awake. You think you are dealing with smart people, but reality hurts. Dollarhan is no genius for over a hundred grand job (ever talk to him-then you will know the truth). The Fire Department is way out of control because you know the names: Dollarhan, *****, ******* and other relatives. The town is in such bad shape that you are going to have to buy your own medical benefits soon on an individual basis. The crooks have amassed great wealth and second homes so when the shit hits the fan they can just exit stage left. None of the council, except for the McCormicks, could get a job paying more than minimum wage if they are canned. The redevelopement is not going to happen, taxes are going up, and the cops I believe finally realize that they are considered garbage by the crooks who threaten them with layoffs when the entire town till is empty. This is not the first time. History repeats itself. Even a dog gets a warm piece of the sidewalk, but that can't happen because the blvd. south no longer has one. WAKE UP- GET OUT-and don't look back.

What job are the McCormicks qualified for? Illegal apartments for rent and Liquor licenses for sale? Give it a break!

Guest aX mAN
Papi, you changed your name from Tabby. What's up with that ?? I'd like to extend to you the same

invitation I gave to your alter-ego Tabby. Stop by the firehouse the next time you're on days, we'll cook

you a nice steak and lobster tail. You'll like that better than those fattening donuts you eat every day.

Hey Bravest,

let us know where you live because it looks like your BBQ party is going to be at your place since Mayor McDumb-ss is closing your little paradise at Eng. #3....

PS Why don't you stop str-king your hose and go after the Mayor and Council to try and keep your job....

I think we should recommend *** ******* for Mayor. Now thats downsizing to half the Mayors size and weight. We could get him a little bicycle to ride around town with a horn on it, a chair from the grammar school, and build a tiny little town hall for him to run around in. That would be so cute. Harrison had the longest Mayor in history and now it would have the shortest. The only problem is that we wouldn't be able to see him at the town meetings unless the town purchesed a booster seat or high chair. I don't know if thats in the budget?

Guest Guest
Hey Bravest,

let us know where you live because it looks like your BBQ party is going to be at your place since Mayor McDumb-ss is closing your little paradise at Eng. #3....

PS Why don't you stop str-king your hose and go after the Mayor and Council to try and keep your job....

HA HA HA Nice April Fools joke.

Guest somekindajoke

THIS IS A JOKE:

How the heck can the Mayor cut Police and Fire and keep the top paying jobs in the administration office in place.

I heard the budget is about $1M shy which means a lot of layoffs....This mayor has no intellegence for running this town and it is now starting to hurt..First get rid of all the council...It does not work..all it does it add confusion and bad decision making to an already sorry town.

First you have Bonnie and Clyde in the 2nd ward. They are so busy stealing on their own they know all the ins and outs of the administrations wealing and dealing. Second, get rid of the new be's who know nothing and are only puppets of Jim Doran. Who is another waste...and he wants to run for mayor? I really do feel sorry for the low paid workers who really work that will be the first on the list of cuts. As taxpayers..you have a say of who should get cut...you are paying their salary..I would fight to keep Police and Fire on the Books and trim the fat.

***By the way...Why do we pay for the Coucil's medical Benefits????????????????????????????

Guest visitor
Yeah well the cops are lucky they can get to the location of the crime in the piece of shit cars they are driving, none of them work and the police cars are getting fixed at the Town Garage so that right there tells you why they don't work, they do not have working equipment, the radios are horrible...what are they supposed to do??? The town is going to crumble I can't wait till all their houses get robbed then they will stop the denial fantasy that they are living thinking there is no crime in Harrison.

WE NEED THE COPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CBull Crap! I always see the cops in this town ridding around on thier Cell Phones. How come it is againts the law for us to do but not for them? They trun thier heads when something is going on!! And it is all because they don't live here in town. This is when the town started going down. When the governmenr declared it unconstational to have to live in the town you work in. More Bull Crap! If thier family lived in the town that htey were police in they would take better care of it and it would be a safer town. And that is the truth. If you don't want to live in Harrison than you shuldn't take the big salary home from Harrison! And that goes for all the town employees, even town hall.

Guest Guest
CBull Crap! I always see the cops in this town ridding around on thier Cell Phones. How come it is againts the law for us to do but not for them? They trun thier heads when something is going on!! And it is all because they don't live here in town. This is when the town started going down. When the governmenr declared it unconstational to have to live in the town you work in. More Bull Crap! If thier family lived in the town that htey were police in they would take better care of it and it would be a safer town. And that is the truth. If you don't want to live in Harrison than you shuldn't take the big salary home from Harrison! And that goes for all the town employees, even town hall.

They also use their cell phones to contact each other about an incident going on that they don't want going out on the scanners that every one has.

Guest Guest

#1 GET RIF

#2 phones -because they can

#3 stop voting in the loads giving the Town away

#4 locals were tried for the position of police ,remember the renta cops..and what happened to them LOL...Harrison Losers...WT

Guest guest

I agree if you work in town you should live in town. They would care more about what happens. Its true.

Guest Guest
They also use their cell phones to contact each other about an incident going on that they don't want going out on the scanners that every one has.

I smell Bullshit on this one. It's an excuse the police will use but it's not true. I know cops from other towns that have used the same excuse and they have told me so. Everyone knows many officers feel above the law, Harrison cops are no different. You're allowed to break the laws if you're a cop or know the right one.

Guest Guest
I agree if you work in town you should live in town. They would care more about what happens. Its true.

You are right but this would be discrimination against a certain minority. They can apply for jobs in Harrison but Harrison residents cannot apply for jobs in their towns.

Guest Dickey Deux

Hey McDumb@ss

HPD....HFD.....PBA.....FOP.......FMBA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UNITED!!!!!!

Why did ya cancel the April meeting, you piece of crap! You afraid to look at all the cops & firemen that you threatened to lay off or demote??? Still tring to do the meeting on the sly???? We will find out when & where and we will be there in force and in full voice. Wear some McMole makeup too, because you're gonna be on TV...so everyone will see what a conniving & blubbering idiot you truly are.

For years you tried to keep the HFD & HPD at each others throats. Well, we are united on this issue and we are VERY prepared to fight. You are officially put on notice...WE WILL NOT BACK DOWN!

:lol:

See ya at the meeting, dipstick!

Guest He who knows
Hey McDumb@ss

HPD....HFD.....PBA.....FOP.......FMBA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UNITED!!!!!!

Why did ya cancel the April meeting, you piece of crap! You afraid to look at all the cops & firemen that you threatened to lay off or demote??? Still tring to do the meeting on the sly???? We will find out when & where and we will be there in force and in full voice. Wear some McMole makeup too, because you're gonna be on TV...so everyone will see what a conniving & blubbering idiot you truly are.

For years you tried to keep the HFD & HPD at each others throats. Well, we are united on this issue and we are VERY prepared to fight. You are officially put on notice...WE WILL NOT BACK DOWN!

:angry:

See ya at the meeting, dipstick!

Way to hit'em hard "Dickie"

These a--holes don't know whats about tohit them!!

Makes you laugh, steal the money, give a shit load to developers , and then blame the police and fire pension system for the town ills.

For those who don't know, the Town of Harrison took part in a "Whitman Scam" where for years they did not make payments into the police and fire pension system but all the police and firemen did. They were well aware that this was not a freebie and the payments would have to be made back to the pension system. Well now the day has come to pay the piper and Mayor McDonough doesn't know where he put all the money that he didn't pay the pension system is located, so he now blames the Police Officers and Firemen.. Well done ass-ole...

So, here is the Mayor s plan layoff police officers and close down the Cleveland Ave Fire House...

Crime is rampant and more violent than ever seen in the town yet the Mayor plans on laying off Police Officers, holy shit, we have to nominate his for a Nobel Peace Prize....

One more thing, who the hell is going to police the all the new residents, all the Red Bull soccer fans......

PS. My condolences to those of you who live on the north side of Harrison Avenue, with all the purposed redevlopment you get "nothing" absoultely "Jack Shit"..

I Hear the new date for the Town meeting is April 11 but no time has been set, so call your local politican to find out what time...LOL

Guest Guest

Let me tell you something Mr. Whale Shit, there are out of town cops who do a better job then the cops that live here in town or used to and if you had any brains you would agree that to have an out of town guy is better this way the usuals that get a slap on the wrist can't say "Dont you know who I am?" These guys come in and don't know who is who they just lock everybody up and that is what we need. These punks have to be put in their place. The cops should not even be considered for lay-off, we need them more than anything right now with the crime that is going on in town.

Guest guest
Let me tell you something Mr. Whale Shit, there are out of town cops who do a better job then the cops that live here in town or used to and if you had any brains you would agree that to have an out of town guy is better this way the usuals that get a slap on the wrist can't say "Dont you know who I am?" These guys come in and don't know who is who they just lock everybody up and that is what we need. These punks have to be put in their place. The cops should not even be considered for lay-off, we need them more than anything right now with the crime that is going on in town.

Please leave the cops. The fireman we could cut some back with the big salaries. We don't need all them in such a small town with very few fires. Plus they all have second jobs.

Guest Guest
I have the solution to your problems. Being the Mayor hates the cops and considers the fireman his own children, Harrison should disbanned the Police Department just like Janesueski did to the Hudson County Cops. The displaced cops could then be integrated with the current fire department and bring the FD up to over 100 men to fight the daily fires in Harrison. The cops won't complain because it's a much easier job with higher pay. They will just need more beds, sheets, and pillows from Walmart. Then if you need a cop, the town can utilize the HC Sheriffs Department. It may take like 1/2 an hour to get police reponse, but they don't care now so whats the difference? At least 20 of the 40 cops would have to start out at Captains pay to keep in line with the current FD. PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! Gotta go now, the breeze off the water is starting top pick up and I have to close the doors. It gets cool at night down the shore.

That shack you own in Keansburg isn't worth the plywood it's made from.