JULY 4th

Guest ENRAGED

Guest Guest
It's a sad day when someone so blatantly prejudiced and biased gets the support of an equally sadistic bulletin board community. All of you misinformed high school dropouts might have missed formative history lessons: America was forged on the collective skills of many immigrant groups (be it masonry OR restaurant services). I'm disgusted that "proud" Americans could have missed such fundamentals. Yes, you're bitter. Having to foster so much hate for a culture that you don't understand must be weighing pretty heavily on the chip on your shoulder. But I, for one, would rather be party to a shrimp and garlic shoot off than a celebration of blind patriotism and Nazi-esque dislike for those who wish to retain pride during the World Cup (once every four years) for their heritage.

Fold up your ignorance and put it in a drawer along with mementos of all your other inadequacies.

(P.S. Paella is a Spanish dish, you poor fool.)

youre the fool. santos cancelled fireworks so they could be on wed the same day as portugal's world cup game. too bad france kicked them right out.

It's a sad day when someone so blatantly prejudiced and biased gets the support of an equally sadistic bulletin board community. All of you misinformed high school dropouts might have missed formative history lessons: America was forged on the collective skills of many immigrant groups (be it masonry OR restaurant services). I'm disgusted that "proud" Americans could have missed such fundamentals. Yes, you're bitter. Having to foster so much hate for a culture that you don't understand must be weighing pretty heavily on the chip on your shoulder. But I, for one, would rather be party to a shrimp and garlic shoot off than a celebration of blind patriotism and Nazi-esque dislike for those who wish to retain pride during the World Cup (once every four years) for their heritage.

Fold up your ignorance and put it in a drawer along with mementos of all your other inadequacies.

<_< Check you out, you are joining the hate train. Just look at your words. Full of put downs just like everybody else. When you don't like whats said, you hate too. HATER!!! :)

Guest Enraged

<_< Why don't you go to your room and read the local papers and local history!!! WE ARE PROUD AMERICANS who worked hard for what we have!! and it's a shame that people from other countries come to this country and do or say things that they would never do or say in their country of origin. see my next post

Guest Enraged
<_< I am not a prejudiced person, I just want what my town to be the way it use to be. I don't care if most of the contractors and food establishment are foriegn, my complaint sit's with the Mayor, Town Council and Phil Martone & The Recreation Dept. they are the ones who cancelled the fireworks display. Not the Police or Fire Depts. or the DPW it was THE RECREATION DEPARTMENT and the MAYOR that is my gripe.So don't you blow your Discrimination bull$hit on me.

Guest Guest
:D I am not a prejudiced person, I just want what my town to be the way it use to be. I don't care if most of the contractors and food establishment are foriegn, my complaint sit's with the Mayor, Town Council and Phil Martone & The Recreation Dept. they are the ones who cancelled the fireworks display. Not the Police or Fire Depts. or the DPW it was THE RECREATION DEPARTMENT and the MAYOR that is my gripe.So don't you blow your Discrimination bull$hit on me.

Well said! It's a shame more people don't see what the mayor is doing, or not doing. It was an outrage that the fireworks were cancelled on the 4th.

Guest Guest
:D I am not a prejudiced person, I just want what my town to be the way it use to be. I don't care if most of the contractors and food establishment are foriegn, my complaint sit's with the Mayor, Town Council and Phil Martone & The Recreation Dept. they are the ones who cancelled the fireworks display. Not the Police or Fire Depts. or the DPW it was THE RECREATION DEPARTMENT and the MAYOR that is my gripe.So don't you blow your Discrimination bull$hit on me.

As JoeW said, THEY WERE NOT CANCELLED.

Guest Guest

:P I am not a prejudiced person, I just want what my town to be the way it use to be. I don't care if most of the contractors and food establishment are foriegn, my complaint sit's with the Mayor, Town Council and Phil Martone & The Recreation Dept. they are the ones who cancelled the fireworks display. Not the Police or Fire Depts. or the DPW it was THE RECREATION DEPARTMENT and the MAYOR that is my gripe.So don't you blow your Discrimination bull$hit on me.

[/quote

It's a shame that this "group" gets away with running the Town the way they do. The Rec cancels everything for FEAR of rain, and the mayor is just out of control, or should I say to much IN CONTROL.....I understand the threat of rain was lingering, but the cancelling of the 4th celebration was nothing short of a joke. Just another way the Americans of this Town get screwed.

Guest Guest

:P I am not a prejudiced person, I just want what my town to be the way it use to be. I don't care if most of the contractors and food establishment are foriegn, my complaint sit's with the Mayor, Town Council and Phil Martone & The Recreation Dept. they are the ones who cancelled the fireworks display. Not the Police or Fire Depts. or the DPW it was THE RECREATION DEPARTMENT and the MAYOR that is my gripe.So don't you blow your Discrimination bull$hit on me.

[/quote

It's a shame that this "group" gets away with running the Town the way they do. The Rec cancels everything for FEAR of rain, and the mayor is just out of control, or should I say to much IN CONTROL.....I understand the threat of rain was lingering, but the cancelling of the 4th celebration was nothing short of a joke. Just another way the Americans of this Town get screwed.

You are so right!!!

Guest GUest

Wow, I didn't know you were a genius...BTW, I have a masters degree and I fought for this country as did my Dad and his Dad......Not like those here today that enjoy the fruits of America while waving the flag of where they came from....That's real patriotism, huh? I really can't stand bleeding heart liberals....And what makes me feel worse is that I was one of them at one time....What was I thinking? Do you think foreign countries would take well to me riding around their streets with an American flag? I doubt and in fact I know they wouldn't....Get a grip on reality man....

Guest Guest_James_*

I wish our foreign "guests" would at least learn proper flag etiquette. The American Flag is always to be flown on the right, or the top if on a pole. Of course this matters little to those who fly those foreign flags, as they just put the US flag out there so people won't get too upset with them.

Guest Molly
not only were the fireworks postponed which pissed me off but they had them today and my question is this: Since when is cher patriotic? I was happy towards the end when they began to play patriotic music, but the entire extravaganza should have had patriotic music. No Santana, Cher and who ever else they played before i put one of my headphones on and listened to my own, patriotic, music.

I know that I am a little late about the 4th, but, I heard that "our mayor" cancelled them because of Portugal in the World Cup. OK, I live in Kearny, not Portugal, so they should have not been cancelled - rain or shine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest jib-jab
I know that I am a little late about the 4th, but, I heard that "our mayor" cancelled them because of Portugal in the World Cup. OK,  I live in Kearny, not Portugal, so they should have not been cancelled - rain or shine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Molly

I will have to call you Molly the Dummy, you can't have fireworks in the rain stupid. Rain or Shine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
:lol: I am not a prejudiced person, I just want what my town to be the way it use to be. I don't care if most of the contractors and food establishment are foriegn, my complaint sit's with the Mayor, Town Council and Phil Martone & The Recreation Dept. they are the ones who cancelled the fireworks display. Not the Police or Fire Depts. or the DPW it was THE RECREATION DEPARTMENT and the MAYOR that is my gripe.So don't you blow your Discrimination bull$hit on me.

Thank you, another smart kearny person.

Guest guest
Hey Molly

I will have to call you Molly the Dummy, you can't have fireworks in the rain stupid.  Rain or Shine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was not raining ... My family and I drove to my Aunt house in Bloomfield fireworks were great!!!!! THE FIRST TIME I ever seen fireworks cancelled in Kearny. I GUESS SOMEONE TOOK THE $$$$$$$$.. ENJOY THE NEXT TAX INCREASE Santos worshipers.............

Guest Guest
It was not raining ... My family and I drove to my Aunt house in Bloomfield fireworks were great!!!!!  THE FIRST TIME  I ever seen fireworks cancelled in Kearny. I GUESS SOMEONE TOOK THE $$$$$$$$.. ENJOY THE NEXT TAX INCREASE Santos worshipers.............

:) I was asking around and I heard the fireworks were canceled because of soccer. Is it true, I wonder. :lol:

Guest guest
:P  I was asking around and I heard the fireworks were canceled because of soccer.  Is it true, I wonder.  :P

What do you think?? All the towns had fireworks .What do we have a ego maniac and his puppets and his ass kissing followers.

Guest Guest
What do you think?? All the towns had fireworks .What do we have a ego maniac and his puppets and his ass kissing followers.

:P If the mayor does not care about the town, and people know this then why in the world would they continue to vote for him? I know I didn't. I never will, My family and I want a change. :P:ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest No more confusion

VIVA LA FRANCE!!!!!

Moved on to bigger and better pastures. The Pork Chops run the town now ! There are way more Portugese flags flying around town than American flags. You would think that they would at least fly an American flag to celebrate the country that lets them open up their restaurants and masonary businesses. I hear next year they are going to shoot off shrimp and garlic on the 4th with the grand finale being a big explosion of paella. I knew it was bad when I found myself rooting for France today in the world cup just so I didn't have to hear the horns of broken down cars riding down my street full of 12 passengers yelling at the top of their lungs because their team won.

Just for your info...Paella and garlic shrimp are SPANISH dishes not Portuguese dishes. There will be no free Paella for you. By the way, how can you root for France? Next thing you know, you'll be eating fatty duck liver and dirty snails.

P.S. It's "Vive La France". Your Spanish is showing on that one.

Guest Guest

Just for your info...Paella and garlic shrimp are SPANISH dishes not Portuguese dishes. There will be no free Paella for you. By the way, how can you root for France? Next thing you know, you'll be eating fatty duck liver and dirty snails.

P.S. It's "Vive La France". Your Spanish is showing on that one.

First of all you idiot, if you look at my original post on the first page you will see I never wrote "viva la france" and secondly I wrote that paella and shrimp and garlic are items on every portugese menu in the tri state area to another dumba$$ who tried to correcy me.

Nice try though. :lol: