Attention Harrison Voters

Guest Steven McCormick

Guest Steven McCormick

It's a shame that here in Harrison, the United States of America, If you back an opposition candidate for Mayor, a false smear letter comes out about you and your family. As did one from Authur Pettigrew (my Councilman). Paid for by: THE McDONOUGH FUND 2006, GREG KOWALSKI, TREASURER. The actual signed and sealed architectural plans are posted in our store front window and prove that these are slanderous lies. I will be addressing the Mayor and Council in regards to that letter on WEDNESDAY JUNE 7, 2006 AT 7P.M. in the Harrison Town Hall.

HARRISON THIS IS REALITY

Because we chose to back Michael HINCHCLIFFE FOR MAYOR of Harrison, our current Mayor decided to trash me and my family with flat out lies. I'd like to introduce myself an my family to you: My name is Steve McCormick, I've been with my wife Maria for 22 years. We have two children, a 13 and 11 year old, who both go to school and play sports here in Harrison. I graduated from Harrison High School in 1978, we ran a clothing store (Steph's) for 20 years here in Harrison and have purchased property around town throughout the years-We believe in Harrison and we are here for the LONG HAUL.

First of all I would like to say that Michael HINCHCLIFFE is a good man and an excellent choice for Mayor. He has run a clean campaign, he stuck to the facts and focused on the issues / concerns that face our town. He has explained a lot of new ideas that could save our town a substantial amount of money. Mike speaks for himself (no spokesman) and from his heart with ideas that make true sense.

DID YOU KNOW - The Mayor and Redevelopment agency are approving 6,000 condos and apartments mainly 2 bedroom units.

*Senior citizen Housing - none

*How Many New Schools - none

*How Many Playgrounds - none

*How Many Basketball Courts - none

*How Many Tennis Courts - none

*How Many Soccer Fields - none

*How Many Baseball Fields - none

*How Many Dog Runs - none

*How Many Police/Fire Sub Stations - none

Don't you think the developers should have kicked in for SOMETHING?

THE STORE IS BEING GIVEN AWAY

(p.s. The Redevelopment Agency meets at 4:30 in the afternoon and not in the Town Hall. I'm sure they are looking for a lot of input from the citizens. Redevelopment is good, but only if it's done in a strategic, well thought out way.

Come on Raymond, you should be speaking to the people about your accomplishments (and please, not the hotel again - Believe me it's not the "BELLAGIO".) You should have spoken up months ago and told us why you deserve 4 more years. You only spoke through a spokesman - WHY? you never spoke to the local newspapers or accepted any invitations to a "Meet the Candidates Night" from our local Civic Groups. This was wrong. We wanted to hear your plan and have you answer a few very important questions about our community. I don't think a bunch of smear letters was the best way to go about this. As the leader of our town, I feel that you made a very poor decision by not making the time to speak with your fellow citizens in an open forum.

Ray, maybe it's not my place to say it, but what you did to Michael HINCHCLIFFES family by putting their names, place of employment and incomes, in a letter was uncalled for. Remember he is one of 13 children, and you actually named people that have been retired for 17 plus years or have had their job for 15 plus years, WHY?

Weren't you and Artie walking around ringing doorbells the other day, talking each other up to your constituents? I noticed you put Artie on the list. That's got to be a little awkward now.

Don't you also work at Passaic Valley Mayor?????

Do you have any relatives on the town payroll??????????????

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Raymond, as I have stated, I have purchased property in Harrison because I believe in this town - I cannot understand why you own a home at the Jersey shore, but you decide NOT TO PURCHASE A HOME IN HARRISON. - WHY?

You slander me because I'm trying to fix up my property - I guess our tax and water increases don't affect you.

Here is the way I see the McDonough Campaign in a nut shell:

- Flood the town with signs - whether people want them or not

- Don't speak on any issues or attend any events that you might be asked questions.

- Send out false smear letters about your opposition and people that back him a few days before election so hopefully they wouldn't be able to rebut them

IS THIS REALLY THE KIND OF PERSON YOU WANT RUNNING OUR TOWN FOR ANOTHER 4 YEARS?

PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU VOTE

THANK YOU

STEVE McCORMICK

Guest Good Job!

Well said, it's just a shame that the seniors in this town don't have computers, they should be made aware of this letter. If I were you I would post them in th Gardens for all to read.

Guest FREAK

VOTE FOE THE MAN WHO OWNS A HOME IN TOWN PAYS THE SAME TAXES AND WATER BILLS YOU PAY- VOTE FOR ACCOUNTABILITY- VOTE TO BE HEARD- VOTE TO HAVE A SAY!!!!!!!!! VOTE TO BRING HARRISON BACK TO THE PEOPLE

VOTE FOR MIKE HINCHCLIFFE FOR MAYOR

It's a shame that here in Harrison, the United States of America, If you back an opposition candidate for Mayor, a false smear letter comes out about you and your family. As did one from Authur Pettigrew (my Councilman). Paid for by: THE McDONOUGH FUND 2006, GREG KOWALSKI, TREASURER. The actual signed and sealed architectural plans are posted in our store front window and prove that these are slanderous lies. I will be addressing the Mayor and Council in regards to that letter on WEDNESDAY JUNE 7, 2006 AT 7P.M. in the Harrison Town Hall.

HARRISON THIS IS REALITY

Because we chose to back Michael HINCHCLIFFE FOR MAYOR of Harrison, our current Mayor decided to trash me and my family with flat out lies. I'd like to introduce myself an my family to you: My name is Steve McCormick, I've been with my wife Maria for 22 years. We have two children, a 13 and 11 year old, who both go to school and play sports here in Harrison. I graduated from Harrison High School in 1978, we ran a clothing store (Steph's) for 20 years here in Harrison and have purchased property around town throughout the years-We believe in Harrison and we are here for the LONG HAUL.

First of all I would like to say that Michael HINCHCLIFFE is a good man and an excellent choice for Mayor. He has run a clean campaign, he stuck to the facts and focused on the issues / concerns that face our town. He has explained a lot of new ideas that could save our town a substantial amount of money. Mike speaks for himself (no spokesman) and from his heart with ideas that make true sense.

DID YOU KNOW - The Mayor and Redevelopment agency are approving 6,000 condos and apartments mainly 2 bedroom units.

(p.s. The Redevelopment Agency meets at 4:30 in the afternoon and not in the Town Hall. I'm sure they are looking for a lot of input from the citizens. Redevelopment is good, but only if it's done in a strategic, well thought out way.

Come on Raymond, you should be speaking to the people about your accomplishments (and please, not the hotel again - Believe me it's not the "BELLAGIO".) You should have spoken up months ago and told us why you deserve 4 more years. You only spoke through a spokesman - WHY? you never spoke to the local newspapers or accepted any invitations to a "Meet the Candidates Night" from our local Civic Groups. This was wrong. We wanted to hear your plan and have you answer a few very important questions about our community. I don't think a bunch of smear letters was the best way to go about this. As the leader of our town, I feel that you made a very poor decision by not making the time to speak with your fellow citizens in an open forum.

Ray, maybe it's not my place to say it, but what you did to Michael HINCHCLIFFES family by putting their names, place of employment and incomes, in a letter was uncalled for. Remember he is one of 13 children, and you actually named people that have been retired for 17 plus years or have had their job for 15 plus years, WHY?

Weren't you and Artie walking around ringing doorbells the other day, talking each other up to your constituents? I noticed you put Artie on the list. That's got to be a little awkward now.

Raymond, as I have stated, I have purchased property in Harrison because I believe in this town - I cannot understand why you own a home at the Jersey shore, but you decide NOT TO PURCHASE A HOME IN HARRISON. - WHY?

You slander me because I'm trying to fix up my property - I guess our tax and water increases don't affect you.

- Don't speak on any issues or attend any events that you might be asked questions.

- Send out false smear letters about your opposition and people that back him a few days before election so hopefully they wouldn't be able to rebut them

IS THIS REALLY THE KIND OF PERSON YOU WANT RUNNING OUR TOWN FOR ANOTHER 4 YEARS?

Well, Steve & Mike I guess the people of Harrison are NOT AS DUMB AS You Hoped them to be, The Better Man Won, Per The Great People of Harrison, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Guest Guest
VOTE FOE THE MAN WHO OWNS A HOME IN TOWN PAYS THE SAME TAXES AND WATER BILLS YOU PAY- VOTE FOR ACCOUNTABILITY- VOTE TO BE HEARD- VOTE TO HAVE A SAY!!!!!!!!! VOTE TO BRING HARRISON BACK TO THE PEOPLE

VOTE FOR MIKE HINCHCLIFFE FOR MAYOR

What does that have do to with the content of the letter?

Anyone who questions spelling mistakes or other errors is just trying to break up the meaning of intent.

Good try!

Guest Guest
It's a shame that here in Harrison, the United States of America, If you back an opposition candidate for Mayor, a false smear letter comes out about you and your family.  As did one from Authur Pettigrew (my Councilman). Paid for by: THE McDONOUGH FUND 2006, GREG KOWALSKI, TREASURER.  The actual signed and sealed architectural plans are posted in our store front window and prove that these are slanderous lies.  I will be addressing the Mayor and Council in regards to that letter on  WEDNESDAY JUNE 7, 2006 AT 7P.M. in the Harrison Town Hall.

HARRISON THIS IS REALITY

Because we chose to back Michael HINCHCLIFFE FOR MAYOR of Harrison, our current Mayor decided to trash me and my family with flat out lies.  I'd like to introduce myself an my family to you:  My name is Steve McCormick, I've been with my wife Maria for 22 years.  We have two children, a 13 and 11 year old, who both go to school and play sports here in Harrison.  I graduated from Harrison High School in 1978, we ran a clothing store (Steph's) for 20 years here in Harrison and have purchased property around town throughout the years-We believe in Harrison and we are here for the LONG HAUL.

First of all I would like to say that Michael HINCHCLIFFE is a good man and an excellent choice for Mayor.  He has run a clean campaign, he stuck to the facts and focused on the issues / concerns that face our town.  He has explained a lot of new ideas that could save our town a substantial amount of money.  Mike speaks for himself (no spokesman) and from his heart with ideas that make true sense.

(p.s. The Redevelopment Agency meets at 4:30 in the afternoon and not in the Town Hall.  I'm sure they are looking for a lot of input from the citizens.  Redevelopment is good, but only if it's done in a strategic, well thought out way.

Come on Raymond, you should be speaking to the people about your accomplishments (and please, not the hotel again - Believe me it's not the "BELLAGIO".)  You should have spoken up months ago and told us why you deserve 4 more years.  You only spoke through a spokesman - WHY?  you never spoke to the local newspapers or accepted any invitations to a "Meet the Candidates Night" from our local Civic Groups.  This was wrong.  We wanted to hear your plan and have you answer a few very important questions about our community.  I don't think a bunch of smear letters was the best way to go about this.  As the leader of our town, I feel that you made a very poor decision by not making the time to speak with your fellow citizens in an open forum.

Ray, maybe it's not my place to say it, but what you did to Michael HINCHCLIFFES family by putting their names, place of employment and incomes, in a letter was uncalled for.  Remember he is  one of 13 children, and you actually named people that have been retired for 17 plus years or have had their job for 15 plus years, WHY?

Weren't you and Artie walking around ringing doorbells the other day, talking each other up to your constituents?  I noticed you put Artie on the list.  That's got to be a little awkward now. 

THANK YOU

STEVE McCORMICK

Thank you, Steve McCormick, I believe I have just read the most informative, truthful, thought provoking post I have read thus far on this site. I sincerely hope that more people read this and vote their conscience, and use their right and have their voices heard to get rid of McDonough. I think Hinchcliffe is just what Harrison needs right now. We need to go in the right direction, we need more honest people that really care about which direction Harrison is going.

Guest guest
Thank you, Steve McCormick, I believe I have just read the most informative, truthful, thought provoking post I have read thus far on this site. I sincerely hope that more people read this and vote their conscience, and use their right and have their voices heard to get rid of McDonough. I think Hinchcliffe is just what Harrison needs right now. We need to go in the right direction, we need more honest people that really care about which direction Harrison is going.

Tee Shirts don't vote either.

Archived