Budget Hearing

Jim Mangin

At Tues night's Kearny Town Council meeting the first reading of the proposed budget ammendment will be voted on. If anyone has any questions about the introduced budget, I'd be happy to answer what I can. I'll answer questions on the budget ammendment after it passes first reading.

The public hearing and vote on final adoption is scheduled for a special meeting on Tues Dec 16.

Councilman Jim Mangin

Councilman Mangin or any other Councilman/woman or the Mayor:

Can you make the Budget Available. What questions should we be asking at tomorrow's council meeting? Is there money in the budget to settle the Fireman's Contract.

What time does the meeting start?

Copies of the budget and ammendment are available in the Town Clerk's office. Since the public hearing is scheduled for Tues Dec 16, I beleive there is no charge for copies since we vote on the budget by summary.

The introduced budget contains $300,000 in a Salary Adjustment account. This account could be used for salary increases for any bargaining unit, not just the Fire Dept.

Tonight's meeting on the budget ammendment introduction begins at 7pm.

Questions to ask? What is the impact of this budget on tax bills for the next 4 quarters? What major improvements are being considered for funding? Does this budget contain any additional debt borrowing (bonding)? How much of a tax increase is being considered?

I hope this helps.

Councilman Jim Mangin

Guest Guest 99

Now that makes sense. You tell me what questions to ask and I'll bet you have the answers. Duh!!

Says a lot for the intelligence of the taxpaying public, doesn't it?

Archived