Michael Hinchcliffe

Guest Angry Taxpayer

Guest 2smart4u
If Mike is not running then we need someone to step up.  We have at least 30 votes on my block for ANYONE who will run against this plumber.  If there's that many votes on my block, there must  thousands accross the town that will support any candidate willing to step up.

This man can be beat, I hear grumblings all over town .  People are fed up with this free-spending, secret administration.  If we allow this person (I won't call him a mayor) to run unapposed, then Harrison will become the equivalent of a third-world country; grossly over-crowded schools, no recreation space for all the kids we have now OR the thousands of new kids moving in. New box-houses squeezed into every under-sized lot in town (each house bringing in at least 3 cars with no additional parking spaces) and ever increasing taxes.  We're all facing a  terrible future with the direction we're heading. We need a hero in this town, someone that will take over this mayor's office and turn this train around that's about to crash into a wall.

This election will show what Harrison residents are made of. Will it be a re-election of the usual suspects and a continuing of this arrogant administration that refuses to allow residents a voice, that spends money like a drunken sailor, that has condemned all our school children to over-crowded classrooms and trailers because of their "build a house on every square-inch of property" mentality, that has ignored our kids needs by not providing any recreation space within all this redevelopment area, that appoints department heads not on merit but on connections, that thinks spending $40,000,000 + on a soccer stadium was a "good thing" ---- OR ---- Will it be time to end the madness and vote for change. I have to believe that the majority of Harrison residents have had enough and will support any viable candidates that run against this mayor and his cohorts.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

well if this mike hinchcliff doesn't start going door to door and stateing the issuses no one who won't come to my door won't get my vote??????? if he can't be bothered either can I------------------ ray will get my vote

Guest Guest
well if this mike hinchcliff doesn't start going door to door  and stateing the issuses no one who won't come to my door won't get my vote??????? if he can't be bothered either can  I------------------  ray will get my vote

don't worry mike is definitely bothered about where the future of harrison is going. he will go door to door and he will listen to any concerns harrison residents have. let's save the talk until it gets closer to election time. there is still 5 weeks to go.

Guest Guest

give him a chance will you??? I have seen Mike walking around. There is still 5 weeks. No one can get to every door but I cant believe that would make a difference in any vote. I am sure one way or another you will come into contact with something, an article, a letter as a reaching out from Michael. We also have to keep in mind that Michael has not been PUSHING cocktail tickets all over town to pad his election fund (especially in the schools- I heard a couple of teachers complaining about being cornered by ****** ********** to purchase tickets-that's a first!) That sounds WRONG to me....that is intimidating and who will have the nerve to say no and take a chance on being retaliated against???

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Guest

YES, I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY MANY TOWN EMPLYEES THAT THE TICKETS ARE GIVEN TO THEM ONE AND THE NEXT DAY SOMEONE COMES AROUND TO COLLECT THE MONEY, AND IF YOU TELL THEM YOU WILL NOT BE ATTENDING THEY STILL WANT YOU TO PAY FOR THAT TICKET..... HOW PATHETIC MAYOR

MCDOUGHNOUGH.

KEEP YOUR ***** PEOPLE FROM THE STREET DEPARTMENT, YOUR GUIDO WANNABES, WITH THE BLING HAGING FROM THEIR NECKS IN A REGULAR WORKING UNIFORM, THEY WORK FOR THE TOWN OF HARRISON, THEY SHOULD AT LEAST WEAR SOME KIND OF SHIRT WITH AN EMBLEM STATING THE HARRISON LOGO AND THE DEPARTMENT THEY WORK FOR, LIKE THEY USED TO WEAR WHEN MAYOR RODGERS WAS OUR MAYOR..... WAKE UP MCDOUNAGH

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Guest

Mr. Hinchcliffe thank you for stepping up and having the balls to run against this mayor that we call mayor, but i'd like to call him many other names. we need someone to save our community from the greedy developers and the greedy politicians that are running this town. I WILL VOTE E5 ON JUNE 6TH.

Guest visit
well if this mike hinchcliff doesn't start going door to door  and stateing the issuses no one who won't come to my door won't get my vote??????? if he can't be bothered either can  I------------------  ray will get my vote

Mike you really need to come by the 700 block of william street a lot of people would like to meet you. Hit the Kingsland Courts you will rack up a lot of votes there.

Guest Guest

The assistant Superintendent...is in charge of tickets because the mayor is not happy with teachers not buying the tickets....so he sends in the principal with a school roster to ask the teachers to buy tickets.... and writes down their answer.....with the BOE $2,000,000 in the red....I bet all non-tenured teachers who want to be rehired are buying tickets....Go Mike it seems you are striking a nerve!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
The assistant Superintendent...is in charge of tickets because the mayor is not happy with teachers not buying the tickets....so he sends in the principal with a school roster to ask the teachers to buy tickets.... and writes down their answer.....with the BOE $2,000,000 in the red....I bet all non-tenured teachers who want to be rehired are buying tickets....Go Mike it seems you are striking a nerve!!!!!!!

Even if the teachers ARE tenured, lots of things can happen if they do not buy a ticket. To start, they can be moved to another position or stuck in one they hate. I bet 95% of the teachers bought tickets this year compared to probably 40% in the past years. Even though most teachers dont even live in Harrison, the consequenses of not buying one are real. When you have an influential person going around asking with a roster in hand to take your name and answer down, that is a threat in itself. Why else would they do that? We cant allow our community to feel fearful and pushed into a corner. I bet these tactics are going to cost them lots of votes!

Guest Guest
Mike you really need to come by the 700 block of william street a lot of people would like to meet you.  Hit the Kingsland Courts you will rack up a lot of votes there.

Hinchy going around town bad mouthing McDonough. Doesn't tell us what he plans to do. Give us some of your ideas. What changes will you make? What is your game plan. Rumour has it you are going to back out as soon as your brother

is made. Another rumour is you will try to win in June and then back down when Milan runs in November. If you want votes you need to be more forthcoming with a plan.

Guest Guest
Hinchy going around town bad mouthing McDonough.  Doesn't tell us what he plans to do.  Give us some of your ideas.  What changes will you make?  What is your game plan.  Rumour has it you are going to back out as soon as your brother

is made.  Another rumour is you will try to win in June and then back down when Milan runs in November.  If you want votes you need to be more forthcoming with a plan.

No need for Hinchy to bad mouth McDonough. He seems to be doing that very well on his own.

Guest Guest
Hinchy going around town bad mouthing McDonough.  Doesn't tell us what he plans to do.  Give us some of your ideas.  What changes will you make?  What is your game plan.  Rumour has it you are going to back out as soon as your brother

is made.  Another rumour is you will try to win in June and then back down when Milan runs in November.  If you want votes you need to be more forthcoming with a plan.

No need for Hinchy to bad mouth McDonough. He seems to be doing that very well on his own.

Guest Guest

The roumors are bull dong. Mike will provide honest, thoutful government. If you don't want that vote for the incumbents.

Guest Guest

I don't think Mike knows what day it is . I think he jumped in to soon and has no ideas on what to do if he wins. He would probably resign because he thought no one would ever vote for him. I haven't heard one intelligent statement from Mike and feel he is very foolish and dumb to important issues. He seems to be hung on pointing out the people and programs he would change or fire, but does not offer any viable ideas or plans to improve the town. also , who will be doing the work and services necessary to keep this town running? Magic maybe??? Mike sounds very bitter and has a personal grudge with the town and only is concerened about that and no one or nothing else matters, which I think is the wrong reason to run for office. Sorry Mike no votes from here.

Guest Guest

I think alot of people don't like the idea that Hinchy is in with Millan. Can you see him dropping out and Millan the mayor. That's when we are all in trouble because he will definitly run the town with all the illegal immigrants.

Guest Guest
I don't think Mike knows what day it is . I think he jumped in to soon and has no ideas on what to do if he wins. He would probably resign because he thought no one would ever vote for him.  I haven't heard one intelligent statement from Mike and feel he is very foolish and dumb to important issues. He seems to be hung on pointing out the people and programs he would change or fire, but does not offer any viable ideas or plans to improve the town. also , who will be doing the work and services necessary to keep this town running?  Magic maybe???  Mike sounds very bitter and has a personal grudge with the town and only is concerened about that and no one or nothing else matters, which I think is the wrong reason to run for office. Sorry Mike no votes from here.

You must work for the town, if you can tell me that you think what is going on in this town is right then you are as sick as the people who run it. I like Mike, hold a grudge with this town and have hope that it can all change. Did you ever start a new job and know the way the company operated on the first day? I think he is running to make Harrison a better place and I admire him for even wanting to jump into this mess. Everyone needs a chance sometimes so lets give him one.

Guest Ronnie-Boy
I don't think Mike knows what day it is . I think he jumped in to soon and has no ideas on what to do if he wins. He would probably resign because he thought no one would ever vote for him.  I haven't heard one intelligent statement from Mike and feel he is very foolish and dumb to important issues. He seems to be hung on pointing out the people and programs he would change or fire, but does not offer any viable ideas or plans to improve the town. also , who will be doing the work and services necessary to keep this town running?  Magic maybe???  Mike sounds very bitter and has a personal grudge with the town and only is concerened about that and no one or nothing else matters, which I think is the wrong reason to run for office. Sorry Mike no votes from here.

I'm jumping ship, mayor, I'm joining Mike's team.

Guest Guest
I'm jumping ship, mayor, I'm joining Mike's team.

Mike Hinchcliff is a nice guy .There are a lot of nice guys more equipped than Mike to run for Mayor but they realize what amess they would inherit.

Unfortunately,if Mike were to win he would be like the dog that catches the car.

If you need that explained to you ,you win a free dinner at the Spanish Pavilon with Anselmo as your waiter.

Guest Guest

I TELL YOU AS SOON AS I HEARD THAT THE MAYOR HAD OPPOSITION I WAS EXTREMELY GLAD THAT SOMEONE FINALY GOT THE BALLS TO RUN AGAINS THIS SO CALLED MAYOR.. FOR ME IT IS OBVIOUS THAT WE NEED A CHANGE. WE CAN'T LET OUR HARRISON GO. SOMEONE HAS GOT TO SAVE US. THANK YOU MICHAEL HINCHLIFFE, YOU GOT MY VOTE.

Archived