Anselmo

Guest MR DIRT

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mike, Sorry you got used...
Short memories, let's revisit The Kings rise. He was not elected to his first seat, he was appointed. Yes, he was elected after he was on the right line. He was given a cushy county job. Then after all that he bites the hand that fed him. Will not come foward with the books for the HarrisonFest. Threatens the Street Dept. men, that his people can do a better job. Runs one of his people against his fellow councilman. Sues a police liutentant over the closing of the HarrisonFest, posts requests for videotapes of the incident. Do we get the picture. Goodbye to the King of Warren St.

Mike, even in Frank Rodgers days an anti would get more votes, Millan sure put you up to this one! Did you show up and concede? Or is a hinchcliffe beyond apolgizing? I am disapointed? And guess what, I voted for you! Millan should have advised you better, since I hear he filed..

Guest guest
Mike, even in Frank Rodgers days an anti would get more votes, Millan sure put you up to this one!  Did you show up and concede? Or is a hinchcliffe beyond apolgizing? I am disapointed? And guess what, I voted for you!  Millan should have advised you better, since I hear he filed..

That is what a coward this dirtbag (Anselmo) is he threw Michael out tot he lions so he could get the Mayor out so he had a shot at winning in November. I congratulate Mike on his efforts and appreciate the good intensions he had, I wish him well in his future and I hope he stays involved.

Guest Guest
The little guy is very quite, He won't be after he has his boy Hinchy in the mayor's office.

His people will be sooooooooooooo happy

Hey Hinchy fans

If Hinchy won, this scumb bucket would still run for mayor against Hinchy.

Hinchy fans , the little weazel

took you all for a ride, with out you even knowing it

now do the right thing

Guest Guest
yeah, you must be a Mayor fan or employee, maybe an artie Petigrew fan.  Yeah, he does a lot for this town.  Lets look back, when did he become a councilman (PuPPET?) and what has he accomplished?  NOTHING. NADA.  He ruined the Harrison fest or multicultural fest, oh thats not a positive thing.  what has he done?  Thats why Millan tried to get him out.  Like O.J. and most of the council.  They dodn't do anything without their strings getting pulled.  So complain about Millan, but Hinchcliffe and Millan sound like the begining of a good team!!!

but Hinchcliffe and Millan sound like the begining of a good team!!! really

world cup update

MAYOR MAC'D AND COUNCIL 2 MILIAN NIL

GO ARTIE

STEPH YOU NEED SERIOUS counseling

Guest Guest
Hey Hinchy fans

now do the right thing

your right

I can't push the button for that milan guy.

I do have a conscience

Guest Guest

Three candidates knocked off November ballots by county clerk

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

By ROSE DUGER

JOURNAL CORRESPONDENT

Hudson County Clerk Javier Inclán booted three independent candidates - one each from Secaucus, Harrison and Kearny - from the ballot in November's general election after he said they failed to meet election law requirements.

Inclán ruled Monday the following independent candidates are not eligible for November's general election: Anselmo Millan, who had filed to run in Harrison's mayoral race; James Mangin, who was seeking a Third Ward council seat in Kearny; and Gary Jeffas, who was running for a First Ward seat in Secaucus.

In Millan's case, Inclán determined the candidate and his wife Josefa, who had signed the affidavit, had previously signed a petition supporting Michael Hinchcliffe in his unsuccessful mayoral bid in Harrison's recent Democratic primary.

As for Mangin, Inclán determined that four of the 53 signatures collected from Third Ward voters were allegedly invalid, bringing him one signature short of the 50 needed to file a petition.

If Inclán's decisions stick - both men vowed to fight the rulings - it means the two Democratic incumbents, Harrison Mayor Raymond J. McDonough and Kearny Third Ward Councilwoman Eileen Eckel, will run unopposed in November.

In Secaucus, Jeffas was ruled ineligible to run after Inclán upheld an objection by losing primary candidate Robert Zych, who claimed Jeffas signed Zych's and incumbent Michael Grecco's nominating petitions before filing himself to run as an independent.

Jeffas, who was to run against Grecco and independent George Heflich in the Nov. 7 election, could not be reached for comment. Running mate Michael Gonnelli said they would be taking legal action.

Journal staff writer Simone Cumming contributed to this report.

© 2006 The Jersey Journal

© 2006 NJ.com All Rights Reserved.

Guest Guest
Hey Hinchy fans

now do the right thing

your right

I do have a conscience

Can someone explain to me what Millan did for Hinchy besides Moral Support. Though Hinchy lost Millans District by 9 votes and Millans other District by 6 votes. Though the 3 district, Villalta's district by 40.

M-I-L-L-A-N for mayor

Guest Mayor Chicken $h!t

For not being scared of Millan, he sure used your tax payers money to work the lawyers hard. That letter to Inclan came from Castano! what a surprise!! :huh::D:( I thought maybe Mury, but he doesn't work for his money

Guest Guest

your right

I do have a conscience

Can someone explain to me what Millan did for Hinchy besides Moral Support. Though Hinchy lost Millans District by 9 votes and Millans other District by 6 votes. Though the 3 district, Villalta's district by 40.

M-I-L-L-A-N for mayor

Its his paparazzi "brilliant"

• 2 weeks later...
Guest I NOFEEL GOOD

HARRISON POLITICS

Hearing on Millan bid as independent

Saturday, June 24, 2006

By ROSE DUGER

JOURNAL CORRESPONDENT

HARRISON - An independent candidate for mayor is fighting for his right to run on November's ballot.

A hearing is scheduled for Thursday in Hudson County Superior Court to consider the request of Harrison's Anselmo Millan to be reinstated as a candidate for mayor against incumbent Raymond J. McDonough.

Inclan tossed Millan's petition earlier this month on the grounds that the candidate had signed a petition for Michael Hinchcliffe, who was defeated by McDonough in this spring's Democratic mayoral primary.

Millan's signature for another candidate for mayor violated a state statute, according to Inclan.

Guest STLLNO FEELGOOD

Millan's court date will be rescheduled

Thursday, June 29, 2006

By SIMONE CUMMING

JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

The Hudson County clerk has successfully requested that the state's Superior Court consolidate the hearings of two independent candidates he ruled ineligible to run for council.

The court dates for Harrison mayoral candidate Anselmo Millan and Secaucus First Ward candidate Gary Jeffas will be rescheduled from today and July 6, respectively.

Jeffas is away next week but said he would be ready to appear anytime after July 10. By Tuesday, a new date had not been scheduled, but Jeffas said his best estimate would be the week he returns from vacation.

The appeals relate to the June 12 ruling by County Clerk Javier Inclan that determined the two independents were ineligible to run for seats on their town councils after both signed nominating petitions for other candidates in the primaries, before filing to run themselves. This violated election law, according to Inclan.

Inclan said he pressed for the consolidation because the appeals dealt with the same issue and should receive the same ruling.

"The problem was that there were two different judges hearing both cases and it could be possible that one rules one way and the other another way," he said. "Hudson County would not want that so we asked to consolidate."

Millan said he did not have a problem with the consolidation but did not want the hearing postponed.

"I don't want to wait that long, I still want it (today)," he said. "But I woud like to go together (with Jeffas) so the judge can see somebody makes a mistake, and we want to give a choice to the people and have the freedom to run."

Jeffas said he thought the consolidation made sense.

"I don't have an issue with that because the other complaint seems to be a parallel situation," he said. "I would imagine the arguments are going to be pretty much the same so it's better to give a ruling at one time on this matter."

Guest Guest
Millan's court date will be rescheduled

Thursday, June 29, 2006

By SIMONE CUMMING

JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

The Hudson County clerk has successfully requested that the state's Superior Court consolidate the hearings of two independent candidates he ruled ineligible to run for council.

The court dates for Harrison mayoral candidate Anselmo Millan and Secaucus First Ward candidate Gary Jeffas will be rescheduled from today and July 6, respectively.

Jeffas is away next week but said he would be ready to appear anytime after July 10. By Tuesday, a new date had not been scheduled, but Jeffas said his best estimate would be the week he returns from vacation.

The appeals relate to the June 12 ruling by County Clerk Javier Inclan that determined the two independents were ineligible to run for seats on their town councils after both signed nominating petitions for other candidates in the primaries, before filing to run themselves. This violated election law, according to Inclan.

Inclan said he pressed for the consolidation because the appeals dealt with the same issue and should receive the same ruling.

"The problem was that there were two different judges hearing both cases and it could be possible that one rules one way and the other another way," he said. "Hudson County would not want that so we asked to consolidate."

Millan said he did not have a problem with the consolidation but did not want the hearing postponed.

"I don't want to wait that long, I still want it (today)," he said. "But I woud like to go together (with Jeffas) so the judge can see somebody makes a mistake, and we want to give a choice to the people and have the freedom to run."

Jeffas said he thought the consolidation made sense.

"I don't have an issue with that because the other complaint seems to be a parallel situation," he said. "I would imagine the arguments are going to be pretty much the same so it's better to give a ruling at one time on this matter."

© 2006  The Jersey Journal

at least you'll have company in your misery that besides your dork of a son in law.

tell the idiot he is in violation of the fashion police

Guest Guest
at least you'll have company in your misery that besides your dork of a son in law.

tell the idiot he is in violation of the fashion police

HUDSON COUNTY JUDGES RULE THE WAY THE POLS TELL THEM. MILLAN WILL NOT BE ON THE BALLOT,TRUST ME. WE SHOULD BE ELECTING OUR JUDGES,TO STOP THIS BULL SHT

Guest Guest
HUDSON COUNTY JUDGES RULE THE WAY THE POLS TELL THEM. MILLAN WILL NOT BE ON THE BALLOT,TRUST ME. WE SHOULD BE ELECTING OUR JUDGES,TO STOP THIS BULL SHT

Would you bet a vote on it? He's on and you vote for him? He's not and I vote McDonough

Guest Guest

So you think Judges make election law? No politicans make election law! What kindof politican, except a stupid one wouldn't know that you can't run when you sign anothers petition GO MILIAN AND PINHO PERFECT TOGETHER. NEITHER HAS TO WORRY ABOUT HEMORROIDS, THAT PART OF THEIR ANATOMY IS PERFECT!

• 1 month later...
Guest Impartial Observer

These threads about Anselmo are the rants of a few non-contempts bitching about the possiblity that the incumbent Mayor could loose his seat.

iO

• 1 month later...

:) ANSELMO, :ph34r:

THERE IS GOING TO BE A NEW ITEM ON THE MENU AT JIMMY BUFF'S.

ITS A THE TRIPLE DOG. NICKNAMED "THE ANSELMO".

CONTAINING 3 COCKTAIL FRANKS (A.M.,S.M.,J.W..) WITH NO POTATOES.