Red Bulls-it

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u

Now that the town has committed $40, 50, 60 million or more to this stadium project, I wonder what will happen if after 3 or 4 years the Red Bulls of NEW YORK decide they're not making enough profit from NEW JERSEY fans and pull up stakes and move (maybe to NY).

Does anyone think our mayor and council ever considered this possibility before they spent all that money ??

Now that the town has committed $40, 50, 60 million or more to this stadium project, I wonder what will happen if after 3 or 4 years the Red Bulls of NEW YORK decide they're not making enough profit from NEW JERSEY fans and pull up stakes and move (maybe to NY).

Does anyone think our mayor and council ever considered this possibility before they spent all that money ??

do you honestly think that the mayor and council know how to think?

Guest guest

Newark Bears Stadium was good for one year now they hardly have a crowd. I still don't understnd why the Tax Paying Residents in this town had no say in this matter, What happens when they do decide to up and go what are we going to do with the stadium? No games - No income? Taxes go up AGAIN??? BIG MISTAKE!!

Guest Angry Taxpayer
Newark Bears Stadium was good for one year now they hardly have a crowd. I still don't understnd why the Tax Paying Residents in this town had no say in this matter, What happens when they do decide to up and go what are we going to do with the stadium? No games - No income? Taxes go up AGAIN??? BIG MISTAKE!!

We will be paying on the 40 million regardless of whether the stadium is empty or not. Just the interest alone will be over 2 million a year. And that's not all of it, the total bonded debt is much more, possibly one hundred million. The interest on 100,000,000 is at least 5 million a year. Think of it, a square - mile town of 14,000 people responsible for all that debt.

The Bears don't have a crowd because baseball isn't big around here.

On the other hand, soccer will be because of the demographics of our population.

Guest Angry Taxpayer

On the other hand, soccer will be because of the demographics of our population.

You may be right, time will tell. However, I think many people will feel as I do. I'm a soccer fan but I won't go see a team called Red Bulls New York. They can stick it, let New Yorkers support them.

Guest Guest
You may be right, time will tell.  However, I think many people will feel as I do. I'm a soccer fan but I won't go see a team called Red Bulls New York. They can stick it, let New Yorkers support them.

Does anyone read the paper? The MLS is planning to put a new team in Glassboro NJ and build a new stadium there. Is this a slap in the face for Harrison? or do they believe that our stadium will not get done? Have not heard a peep out of all of our POLITICAL HONCHOS!!!!!!! about this. What do you think??????

Guest 2smart4u
Does anyone read the paper?  The MLS is planning to put a new team in Glassboro NJ and build a  new stadium there.  Is this a slap in the face for Harrison? or do they believe that our stadium will not get done? Have not heard a peep out of all of our POLITICAL HONCHOS!!!!!!!  about this.  What do you think??????

Can you imagine the humiliation and embarrassment the mayor and council must feel over this stadium snafu ?? First they borrow $40,000,000 to help build a stadium for the Metrostars. Then the Metrostars bail out and sell to Red Bulls, a company based in Europe, who then name a team "Red Bulls NEW YORK".

What a kick in the ass, for $40,000,000 the mayor can't even get the words "New Jersey" in the title !! Do you think maybe our mayor and council were in over their heads, trying to negotiate with corporate lawyers ??

Whatever the truth, it's our money these people are playing with.

Guest Guest

Baseball not a big thing around here!?!?!? Are you insane? There aren't that many Euros and Hispanies around here to kill baseball, at least not yet. This area supports two MLB teams plus numerous minor league teams. The crowds for the Bears are small because it's minor league baseball. They are never going to draw 10, 15, 20 thousand or more per game. They will always draw several hundred plus per game, it's relatively inexpensive, and it's a nice family outing. Also except for a**holes like Ricky Henderson, the players treat the kids very well. The Metrostars and the Harrison stadium will be long gone and empty before the immeegs kill baseball.

Archived