Guest caring friend

Guest caring friend

(ARTICLE FOUND IN THE OBSERVER)

RE: QP'S WRONG

To the Publisher:

A Hall of Fame is an elite assemblage of individuals with both talent and

refinement that sets them apart from mediocrity. "Hall of Fame" usually

instills a certain' degree of accomplishment, one achieved with dignity and

class. It is with this distinction that an institute proudly inducts members to reflect

upon itself. This weekend, Queen of Peace inducts its members into the "Hall of

Fame." Included in this "distinguished" class is Robert Wondolowski. Omitted in

his statistics are the charges of drinking and driving and vehicular homicide. He

was spared the conviction of vehicular homicide through leniency. In order to show his remorse for the death caused and gratitude for leniency, Wondolowski

continued drinking, despite his court order. As a reflection of Queen of Peace, not

only as a graduate, but as a "Hall of Fame" inductee, Robert Wondolowski has

failed miserably. He stands contrary to the refinement, dignity and class associated with "Hall of Fame." It is a disgrace for Queen of Peace to place

this distinction on such an individual. For Queen of Peace to represent its morals and standards with the likes of Robert Wondolowski is an insult to the institution, its. alumni, but most importantly, to the victim of Wondolowski's drunk driving.

Wondolowski's was also suspended from school and the baseball team in 1992 for indecent exposure to a group of girls in the gym. Is this person deserving of any honor? The family of the late Jack Gilmore

Anita Gilmore

Kearny

Guest guest

RE:  QP'S WRONG

To the Publisher:

class.  It is with this distinction that an institute proudly inducts members to reflect

Fame."  Included in this "distinguished" class is Robert Wondolowski. Omitted in

his statistics are the charges of drinking and driving and vehicular homicide. He

was spared the conviction of vehicular homicide through leniency.  In order to show his remorse for the death caused and gratitude for leniency, Wondolowski

continued drinking, despite his court order. As a reflection of Queen of Peace, not

failed miserably.  He stands contrary to the refinement, dignity and class associated with "Hall of Fame." It is a disgrace for Queen of Peace to place

this distinction on such an individual. For Queen of Peace to represent its morals and standards with the likes of Robert Wondolowski is an insult to the institution, its. alumni, but most importantly, to the victim of Wondolowski's drunk driving.

Wondolowski's was also suspended from school and the baseball team in 1992 for indecent exposure to a group of girls in the gym. Is this person deserving of any honor?  The family of the late Jack Gilmore

Anita Gilmore

Kearny

Hall of Shame is more like it, he is a murderer and that is the bottom line, he took away a Son, Brother, Father etc. not a good Catholic in my eyes, what a disgrace!!! Talk about a smack in the face! Indecent exposure? shows how much class he has. I t must be nice for him to watch his kids grow up, my cousin Jack never had the chance. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU! Remember what goes around comes back around again.

Guest FRIEND OF JACK GILMORE

All he needs is the Hall Of SHAME. Shame on QP.

[/quote

QP SHOULD HAVE RESPECT FOR THE GILMORE FAMILY BY TAKING THIS INDIVIDUAL OUT OF "THE HALL OF FAME".....

THEY ARE SENDING THE WRONG MESSAGE BY INDUCTING THIS PERSON WHO HAS TAKEN SOMEONES LIFE......

HE SHOULD THANK "GOD" THAT HE IS WALKING AROUND FREE.

SHAME ON THE ADMINISTRATION OF QUEEN OF PEACE WHAT KIND OF EXAMPLE ARE THEY SETTING FOR THE STUDENTS ATTENDING THEIR CATHOLIC SCHOOL.

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME, SHAME....

Guest Yes Virginia...........

Let me preface my remarks by saying I am a product of 12 years of Catholic education (not at QP however) which I believe I survived unscarred.

To think people actually send their children to QP thinking that they are going to learn a good set of values.

What example does this recognition set for the QP student body? What is it telling them?

The selection committee, whoever they may be, have not just lowered the bar here, they have dropped it. Did they pull this guys name out of a hat?

Think about it though......how long did the Catholic church go on protecting child molesters? They actually moved them around providing the pedophiles with fresh victims.

Putting this person in the Hall of Fame is consistent with past practice as far as the Catholic Church is concerned.

This is just one more example of why I have lost faith........and I'm angry about it. Innocence has been destroyed! It's like hating the person who told you Santa Claus wasn't real.

If you agree that honoring this individual is inconsistent with the values you believe an educational institution should be teaching, perhaps to get the point across, those who still go to mass on Sunday should boycott the collection ............hurt them in the pocketbook.

Guest Guest
Hall of Shame is more like it, he is a murderer and that is the bottom line, he took away a Son, Brother, Father etc. not a good Catholic in my eyes, what a disgrace!!! Talk about a smack in the face! Indecent exposure? shows how much class he has. I t must be nice for him to watch his kids grow up, my cousin Jack never had the chance. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!  Remember what goes around comes back around again.

Please start a petition and I will sign or provide address for all to write to QP. This guy should not be honored.

Guest GUEST
Let me preface my remarks by saying I am a product of 12 years of Catholic education (not at QP however) which I believe I survived unscarred.

To think people actually send their children to QP thinking that they are going to learn a good set of values.

What example does this recognition set for the QP student body? What is it telling them?

The selection committee,  whoever they may be, have not just lowered the bar here, they have dropped it. Did they pull this guys name out of a hat?

Think about it though......how long did the Catholic church go on protecting child molesters? They actually moved them around providing the pedophiles with fresh victims.

Putting this person in the Hall of Fame is consistent with past practice as far as the Catholic Church is concerned.

This is just one more example of why I have lost faith........and I'm angry about it. Innocence has been destroyed! It's like hating the person who told you Santa Claus wasn't real.

If you agree that honoring this individual is inconsistent with the values you believe an educational institution should be teaching, perhaps to get the point across, those who still go to mass on Sunday should boycott the collection  ............hurt them in the pocketbook.

AMEN

Guest Guest

There are not enough words to express how despicable the idea of honoring this person is. Anita, I know what a strong person you are and if anyone can get this stopped you can. It is equally disgusting that it is coming from a Catholic school.

QP has had a horable reputation for a long time... now I definitely know why

Good luck, my thoughts are with you

Please let us know what happens.

Guest Guest

RE:  QP'S WRONG

To the Publisher:

class.  It is with this distinction that an institute proudly inducts members to reflect

Fame."  Included in this "distinguished" class is Robert Wondolowski. Omitted in

was spared the conviction of vehicular homicide through leniency.  In order to show his remorse for the death caused and gratitude for leniency, Wondolowski

failed miserably.  He stands contrary to the refinement, dignity and class associated with "Hall of Fame." It is a disgrace for Queen of Peace to place

Wondolowski's was also suspended from school and the baseball team in 1992 for indecent exposure to a group of girls in the gym. Is this person deserving of any honor?  The family of the late Jack Gilmore

Anita Gilmore

Kearny

Am I mistaken or is this an athletic hall of fame.  It is based on his record as an athlete in QP.  Whatever his life choices or mistakes he has made he was obviously an excellent athlete when he attended QP.  That is what he is being honored for.  If he was being  honored for his after high school career and accomplishments you could argue he is not qualified but as an athlete in high school he must have made an impression and that is what qualifies him to be in the hall of fame

Guest Guest

This person should not be held in high regard to the students now attending QP.

The fact that he did make horrendous life choices (more than once) and did not seem to pay a price for them is a extremely bad example to the youth of QP.

Once again sports are being made out to be more important than academics and morals.

It is wrong on so many levels..

Reminisent of OJ...

Guest Guest
Dummy, that's why Pete Rose is not in the baseball hall of fame.

Wrong. He is not in the baseball Hall of Fame due to betting on baseball. He broke the rules while playing and managing. Therefore he is ineligible. It wasn't done after he was retired and away from the game. Look at OJ Simpson He is still in the Football Hall of Fame.

Guest guest

Excellent athlete?? ******* himself to a **** *** ** ****? good sportsmanship! I don't know what games you were at but i sure as hell didn't think he was all that.

Thank God I didn't send my kids to that school. I used to attend mass at QP I thought it was a nice Parish but we all live and learn and I will not attend anything that has to do with that school or parish again. What a disgrace!

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Archived