Kearny Schools

:lol: Is it just me or are there alot of children and teens getting off of buses coming from Newark and other towns two or three blocks away from Kearny schools and attending them? I have noticed alot of teens riding the buses and going to school who for a fact do not live in town. For some reason they are the ones who cause trouble on the Ave and around our schools. Does the Board of Education even check where they live?

Guest Guest
:lol:  Is it just me or are there alot of children and teens getting off of buses coming from Newark and other towns two or three blocks away from Kearny schools and attending them?  I have noticed alot of teens riding the buses and going to school who for a fact do not live in town.  For some reason they are the ones who cause trouble on the Ave and around our schools.  Does the Board of Education even check where they live?

Wouldnt it make more sense to ask about Kearny Schools in the Kearny Forum????

Guest Guest
:angry:  Is it just me or are there alot of children and teens getting off of buses coming from Newark and other towns two or three blocks away from Kearny schools and attending them?  I have noticed alot of teens riding the buses and going to school who for a fact do not live in town.  For some reason they are the ones who cause trouble on the Ave and around our schools.  Does the Board of Education even check where they live?

What a A**HOLE :lol::P:D:ph34r:

• 6 months later...
:o  Is it just me or are there alot of children and teens getting off of buses coming from Newark and other towns two or three blocks away from Kearny schools and attending them?  I have noticed alot of teens riding the buses and going to school who for a fact do not live in town.  For some reason they are the ones who cause trouble on the Ave and around our schools.  Does the Board of Education even check where they live?

The Kearny Bd of Ed vigorously pursues anyone they believe is a non resident. Also, every family in our town has to prove residency every year for each of their children attending our schools. The students you see getting off the buses most probably are coming from either end of town, our border near Harrison or border near NA. If someone is found to be a nonresident, they are taken to court & made to pay tuition for the time their child spent in our schools.

• 1 month later...
The Kearny Bd of Ed vigorously pursues anyone they believe is a non resident.  Also, every family in our town has to prove residency every year for each of their children attending our schools. The students you see getting off the buses most probably are coming from either end of town, our border near Harrison or border near NA. If someone is found to be a nonresident, they are taken to court & made to pay tuition for the time their child spent in our schools.

BULLCRAP BOARD OF ED ARE TOO BUSY FEEDING THEIR FAT ASSES AT BIG NICKS TO EVEN CARE WHATS GOING ON!!!!!!!!1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Do you know this for a fact, or are you just blowing smoke from your ***?

I have to stand up for KBOE, I am a resident of Kearny, my children legally attend Kearny schools, and the residency office (doing their job) made me go back and forth bringing in papers and copies of bills. They are extremely strict about the residency laws and try very hard to enforce them.

I have to stand up for KBOE, I am a resident of Kearny, my children legally attend Kearny schools, and the residency office (doing their job) made me go back and forth bringing in papers and copies of bills. They are extremely strict about the residency laws and try very hard to enforce them.

Wait until your children go from 8th grade to the High School.... they put you through the ringer... However, I do have to say that there alot of kids who's parents are either separated or divorced and lie and say they live with the one who lives in Kearny when they really live in Newark... that's where the crack downs need to begin. I have seen several times these kids getting off the 39 bus from Newark...

Get on the ball Kearny BOE....

• 2 weeks later...
Wait until your children go from 8th grade to the High School.... they put you through the ringer... However, I do have to say that there alot of kids who's parents are either separated or divorced and lie and say they live with the one who lives in Kearny when they really live in Newark... that's where the crack downs need to begin.  I have seen several times these kids getting off the 39 bus from Newark...

If they can prove residency then the KBOE has done their job. Is is really the KBOE's job to check on divorced or seperated parents??? If the Kearny parent can prove they live in Kearny then the kids should be able to attend a Kearny school.

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest
If they can prove residency then the KBOE has done their job. Is is really the KBOE's job to check on divorced or seperated parents??? If the Kearny parent can prove they live in Kearny then the kids should be able to attend a Kearny school.

Basically, if the parents have joint custody, it doesn't matter which parent the child resides with most - residency of one custodial parent is all that is necessary to attend school in any town.

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest
The Kearny Bd of Ed vigorously pursues anyone they believe is a non resident.  Also, every family in our town has to prove residency every year for each of their children attending our schools. The students you see getting off the buses most probably are coming from either end of town, our border near Harrison or border near NA. If someone is found to be a nonresident, they are taken to court & made to pay tuition for the time their child spent in our schools.

What a bunch of BULL SHIT! They take all the kids they can for the numbers. Then send those numbers to the state. Then they get paid state aid according to the numbers. The kid is right check the bus stops in the morning. Ask Betty Reagan how many kids get off the buses in the a.m.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
What a bunch of BULL SHIT! They take all the kids they can for the numbers. Then send those numbers to the state. Then they get paid state aid according to the numbers. The kid is right check the bus stops in the morning. Ask Betty Reagan how many kids get off the buses in the a.m.

Once again, if you personally have this information, please contact residency with the charges. They are happy to look into any students reported as suspicious. You have to give NAMES to Mrs. Wagner and she'll have it looked into. Please don't suggest that she, or anyone else for that matter, stake out the bus stops in the morning or the afternoon. Let's get this taken care of in the summer months before the kids come back in September.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Are you kidding me?? do you have a child in the Kearny school system, if you did you'd know that the residency office is strict.

Guest Guest
Once again, if you personally have this information, please contact residency with the charges.  They are happy to look into any students reported as suspicious.  You have to give NAMES to Mrs. Wagner and she'll have it looked into.  Please don't suggest that she, or anyone else for that matter, stake out the bus stops in the morning or the afternoon.  Let's get this taken care of in the summer months before the kids come back in September.

That would be too responsible to do, this person would rather sit on the computer complaining about it, bash the KBOE residency office, and tell everyone to "ask Betty" NO WE'RE ASKING YOU, IF YOU HAVE FACTS, REPORT THEM ACCORDING TO MRS. WAGNER IN THE HIGH SCHOOL. if not, please don't bother responding.

Guest Guest

Did you ever think that these students are coming from Johnston Ave., Woodland Ave.? A lot of streets, Maple, Highland Ave, John Street. That's a long walk to KHS. So, why do you automatically assume that these kids are coming from Newark?

• 1 month later...

Your an idiot

• 3 weeks later...
Wait until your children go from 8th grade to the High School.... they put you through the ringer... However, I do have to say that there alot of kids who's parents are either separated or divorced and lie and say they live with the one who lives in Kearny when they really live in Newark... that's where the crack downs need to begin.  I have seen several times these kids getting off the 39 bus from Newark...

You hit the nail on the head. Sadly most of the illegal students who come into to Kearny and other towns are from seperated families. The five children whose father lives across the street from me in Kearny his kids come to their dads house to go to school in Kearny and go home to newark at night. Their father pays 9800 a year in taxes so I say good for him

• 2 weeks later...

That sounds good but unfortunately it's not the case. They are allowed to go to school in Kearny so the board gets more state aid for the additional students. But a lot these out of town students have relitives in town and give that address. More kids more money.

• 2 years later...

Archived