IS THIS A FRIENDLY VISIT OR INTIMIDATION?

Guest Curious George

Guest Curious George

I'm wondering if any of the young teachers at the high school feel intimidated when board of ed members regularly show up at their Friday after-school happy hours? Don't these guys have better things to do!!????

I'm wondering if any of the young teachers at the high school feel intimidated when board of ed members regularly show up at their Friday after-school happy hours?  Don't these guys have better things to do!!????

Gee, don't know. it used to be the administrators who showed up. They drink too you know

Guest Guest
I'm wondering if any of the young teachers at the high school feel intimidated when board of ed members regularly show up at their Friday after-school happy hours?  Don't these guys have better things to do!!????

They need drink right now, but besides that just find some other place to go.

Guest Coach
They need drink right now, but besides that just find some other place to go.

One of these BOE members wouldn't be the one that stands on the sidelines at the football games and makes believe that he is a football coach, would he?

Guest Guest
:P  WOW! I thought Harrison was the only town where drunks get to teach. :)

Einstein, you're missing the point. No one is saying that the teachers are drunks. I think the point of the message is it just might be inappropriate for these elected school board members to show up uninvited and air their negative opinions about administrators, etc., to teachers who are not yet tenured. Some might see that as unethical? At the very least it makes people uncomfortable.

Archived