only one ambulance

Guest Mr Ems

Guest Studies and Observations
Way not just give the FD an ambulance to keep in on of the stations.  When the Kearny Ambulance is out on a call the Fire Ambulance can respond if they cant get an out of town ambulance.  You can keep one in south kearny and one on the high lands.  I know that you will say that you will loose fire service, but i refuse to believe that due to the numbe of true fire calls the fd responds to

That's all well and good, and you DO have a valid point..but will that stop the lawsuit if somone loses their home, or someone dies in a fire because the FD was down an apparatus handling an ambulance run?? Considering there is only ONE engine in South Kearny to begin with, if they are on a medical, that leaves that end completely uncovered until one of the regular engines makes it down there..which then leaves the Main part of town short. IMO it should be run like FDNY..Firement fight fires, EMT's do the medical calls...the FD has the responsibility for both.

Most, if not all FD personel are EMT trained. Years ago the Police ran the ambulance. Why don't the FD take over the ambulance service. Plus it would get them out of the house a bit more. Instead of riding around to the bakery and shop rite buying their dinner stuff, they could be responding to calls for medical help.

Listen numbskull,when the police ran the ambulance they had only basic first aid training. They would scope up the patient put them in the ambulance and race to the hospital. In today's world, that type of operation would make Doyle and Brady even richer. Bulletin, Einstein, the police refused to operate the ambulance and during ex-mayor McIntyre's administration, the firefighters voted to operate the ambulances but the mayor &council [some who are still there] vetoed it. Finally, maybe you think firefighters are not human and they do not require nourishment,A.K.A. food. Thank God our firefighters have the sense to eat or they would probably wind up like you, skinny and braindead.

:lol: P.S. I bet you are a wannabe firefighter.

Listen numbskull,when the police ran the ambulance they had only basic first aid training. They would scope up the patient put them in the ambulance and race to the hospital. In today's world, that type of operation would make Doyle and Brady even richer. Bulletin, Einstein, the police refused to operate the ambulance and during ex-mayor McIntyre's administration, the firefighters voted to operate the ambulances but the mayor &council [some who are still there] vetoed it. Finally, maybe you think firefighters are not human and they do not require nourishment,A.K.A. food. Thank God our firefighters have the sense to eat or they would probably wind up like you, skinny and braindead.

:lol: P.S. I bet you are a wannabe firefighter.

As usual another fool that missed the point!! Nobody said anything about the PD taking over the ambulance service. It was just a statement. The point made was that the FD should take over the ambulance, especially since they already are EMT trained!!!

Finally, I do agree with you, they sure do know how to eat!!! You listen here jerkoff, again nobody said they shouldn't eat!!!! They work (1) 24 hour shift, than off for (3) days, man the HOUSE, don't do your food shopping on duty jackass!!!!

Is bringing enough food to work to sustain you for (1) 24 hour shift is asking too much???

And no I don't want to be a firefighter, even though the hours are great!!! I do have some of the credentials you mentioned, Braindead, and no not skinny, but fat, overweight and willing to sleep alot!!! :o:o:o

Way not just give the FD an ambulance to keep in on of the stations.  When the Kearny Ambulance is out on a call the Fire Ambulance can respond if they cant get an out of town ambulance.  You can keep one in south kearny and one on the high lands.  I know that you will say that you will loose fire service, but i refuse to believe that due to the numbe of true fire calls the fd responds to

Maybe you can be in the new control tower to distinguish between a true fire call & a fake one. "Oh No! it's a true fire call! All the firemen are out on ambulance calls. The South Kearny boys are at a 500 Lb. woman with a stomach ache at the Post Office & the Highlands crew took a 7 year old with a slight fever to Clara but are stuck on the the Belliville side with a bridge opening!!!!!!! Hope it's not your HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all well and good, and you DO have a valid point..but will that stop the lawsuit if somone loses their home, or someone dies in a fire because the FD was down an apparatus handling an ambulance run??  Considering there is only ONE engine in South Kearny to begin with, if they are on a medical, that leaves that end completely uncovered until one of the regular engines makes it down there..which then leaves the Main part of town short.  IMO it should be run like FDNY..Firement fight fires, EMT's do the medical calls...the FD has the responsibility for both.

{Will that stop the lawsuit if somone loses their home, or someone dies in a fire because the FD was down an apparatus handling an ambulance run?}

Yes…there is no minimum manning per apparatus and there in no minimum apparatus per shift.

{Considering there is only ONE engine in South Kearny to begin with, if they are on a medical, that leaves that end completely uncovered until one of the regular engines makes it down there..which then leaves the Main part of town short. }

At such a time that call come in and an engine is dispatched in south Kearny another engine is sent to south Kearny to cover the district. Therefore the district will always be covered.

In addition I would hate for a friend or member of your family to die waiting far an air and/or an ambulance to transport them to the hospital when 3 fully qualified EMT’s are sitting in the firehouse around the corner.

{IMO it should be run like FDNY..Firement fight fires, EMT's do the medical calls...the FD has the responsibility for both.}

That thinking was great in the 80,s however times have changed. With the innovation of home smoke detectors, new construction codes, and the such fire runs continue to decline as medical runes will continue to rise (baby boomers).

Guest Guest_turk182_*

So lets see..... If I read and understand your post correctly the fire dept needs to justify thier existence and jobs by augmenting thier run numbers by doing ambulance calls with thier existing manpower levels. And you dont see this as a worker and public safety problem If you want to staff the ambulance with fireman and NOT increase the number of firemen and still handle every ambulance call in kearny without racing out for mutual aid you will tie up 4 to 8 firemen at any one time which on the surface doesnt sound like a lot but when you only have between 13-20 firemen working at any one time that could be potentially 60% of your dept tied up on ambulance calls. My point is you dont need to staff 2,3 or 4 ambulances at any one time and live in this fantasy world that an ambulance from kearny will magically appear at your home in 3 min or less and take you to the hospital for any reason. As an earlier poster said firemen should fight fires and EMT's should do ambulance calls

Guest getting old
So lets see..... If I read and understand your post correctly  the fire dept needs to justify thier existence and jobs by augmenting thier run numbers by doing ambulance calls with thier existing manpower levels.  And you dont see this as a worker and public safety  problem  If you want  to staff the ambulance with fireman and NOT increase the number of firemen and still handle every ambulance call in kearny without racing out for mutual aid  you will tie up 4 to 8 firemen at any one time which on the surface doesnt sound like a lot but when you only have between 13-20 firemen working at any one time that could be potentially 60% of your dept tied up on ambulance calls. My point is you dont need to staff 2,3 or 4 ambulances at any one time and live in this fantasy world that an ambulance from kearny will magically appear at your home in 3 min or less and take you to the hospital for any reason. As an earlier poster said firemen should fight fires and EMT's should do ambulance calls

This is getting old. The firemen don't want to do the ambulance, the politicians are hiding from making a decision and the civilians lives are at risk. It is very simple. Do a time -motion study, determine how much time the FD spends at actual emergencies and how much time is left to help out with the ambulance. The study would have to be legitimate because if the politicians don't want the FD to do it, they could corrupt the numbers. You can expect to hear how they spend a certain percentage of time training, maintenance etc. but that would be a smoke screen

( training could be put off 1/2 an hour and made up, but a human life is gone forever). Nothing is going to happen until a person dies who is a relative of someone with juice. 

Guest Heres to Turk

Turk 182 the fire department DOES NOT need "to justify thier existence and jobs by augmenting thier run numbers by doing ambulance calls with thier existing manpower levels." Because it is a fact that the fire department manpower levels are still below average. Sounds like you know what your talking about, a little. And it also sounds like you want the job especially if it falls under the fire department. But do me a favor keep it to the facts!

So lets see..... If I read and understand your post correctly  the fire dept needs to justify thier existence and jobs by augmenting thier run numbers by doing ambulance calls with thier existing manpower levels.  And you dont see this as a worker and public safety  problem  If you want  to staff the ambulance with fireman and NOT increase the number of firemen and still handle every ambulance call in kearny without racing out for mutual aid  you will tie up 4 to 8 firemen at any one time which on the surface doesnt sound like a lot but when you only have between 13-20 firemen working at any one time that could be potentially 60% of your dept tied up on ambulance calls. My point is you dont need to staff 2,3 or 4 ambulances at any one time and live in this fantasy world that an ambulance from kearny will magically appear at your home in 3 min or less and take you to the hospital for any reason. As an earlier poster said firemen should fight fires and EMT's should do ambulance calls

{So lets see..... If I read and understand your post correctly the fire dept needs to justify thier existence and jobs by augmenting thier run numbers by doing ambulance calls with thier existing manpower levels. }

I never said that they need to justify their jobs. I simply stated that I believe they can be more productive during a 24-hour shift

{And you dont see this as a worker and public safety problem If you want to staff the ambulance with fireman and NOT increase the number of firemen and still handle every ambulance call in kearny without racing out for mutual aid you will tie up 4 to 8 firemen at any one time which on the surface doesnt sound like a lot but when you only have between 13-20 firemen working at any one time that could be potentially 60% of your dept tied up on ambulance calls.}

1st off take a breath next time to help you formulate your thoughts.

2- Every time the Fire Department is dispatched to an EMS call in south Kearny Engine-4 (3-men) responds to the EMS call and Engine-1 (4-men) responds to South Kearny to cover the district. Yes that is seven men. We are already loosing 7 men waiting for the ambulance to arrive to the call. At times we (yes I know a firefighter) wait for over 25 minutes until an ambulance arrives on the scene. Then the patient has to be transported to the hospital…another 25 minutes. Now I assume you know all about the golden hour. I would like to see an ambulance down south Kearny and if the engine is dispatched on an EMS…they might as well respond with an ambulance and transport the patient to the hospital within that golden hour. Now I know as an EMT you would agree that this measure would be most beneficial to the patients.

Again, due to the lack of a second ambulance and the wait for a mutual aid ambulance we are already loosing

{ My point is you dont need to staff 2,3 or 4 ambulances at any one time and live in this fantasy world that an ambulance from kearny will magically appear at your home in 3 min or less and take you to the hospital for any reason. }

If you utilize your resources more efficiently you may indeed have an ambulance respond within 2 to 3 minutes.

{As an earlier poster said firemen should fight fires and EMT's should do ambulance calls}

This poster is under the impression that they can come to work and not have to work during their 24-hour shift.

PS. Good luck on the EMT test for the town position. I hope you did well.

Maybe you can be in the new control tower to distinguish between a true fire call & a fake one. "Oh No! it's a true fire call! All the firemen are out on ambulance calls. The South  Kearny boys are at a 500 Lb. woman with a stomach ache at the Post Office & the Highlands crew took a to Clara but are stuck on the the Belliville side with a bridge opening!!!!!!! Hope it's not your HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You fireman make me sick. You know you can supplement the ambulance when they are on a call or out of town but you refuse to admit it. Is it that you are so beaten down from giving back all of your perks on your last contract??

I hope its not 7 year old with a slight fever or your 500lb mother.

Ah, excuse me...., the Firemen are EMT's!!!! B)B)

Guest Guest_turk182_*
Turk 182 the fire department DOES NOT need "to justify thier existence and jobs by augmenting thier run numbers by doing ambulance calls with thier existing manpower levels."  Because it is a fact that the fire department manpower levels are still below average.  Sounds like you know what your talking about, a little.  And it also sounds like you want the job especially if it falls under the fire department.  But do me a favor keep it to the facts!

Sir I agree wholheartedly the fire dept is dangerously understaffed. The dept needs more men to safely handle the duties it already has and that is to fight fires. If as an earlier poster suggested that the fire dept also handle ambulance calls they would then need even more manpower.

My contention is that people become firemen to fight fires not do ambulance work and that others become EMT's to do ambulance work and take care of sick and injured people not to fight fires.

If it was a perfect world we lived in the kearny fire dept would get the additional FIREMEN it needed for fire-fighting and would also get the civilian EMT's needed to staff the ambulance and do ambulance calls.

I think we can all agree that as consumers we dont want to pay more than we have to for a quality good or service

In the end we are all trying to get the best service we can for the best price we can

glad it is not because you sound like anut. glad you are not related that is goodglad to know that.

Who would wanna admit being related to u , with whatever u just wrote , and i'll give u this u got big balls to say someones a nut with your post

Most, if not all FD personel are EMT trained. Years ago the Police ran the ambulance. Why don't the FD take over the ambulance service. Plus it would get them out of the house a bit more. Instead of riding around to the bakery and shop rite buying their dinner stuff, they could be responding to calls for medical help.

You do not have a clue what the fire dept does.I imagine that you are a self-effaceing sarcastic little shit.

Archived