only one ambulance

Guest Mr Ems

Guest Guest_manager_*
Could you be a little more specific?

Mayor Santos and his administration have an obligation to provide Emergency Medical Services to our community. Two options exist: Contract out to a "Legitimate Provider" or utilize the currently certified Firefighters. Failure to act will undoubtedly result in another needless tragedy, reminiscent of the debacle that happened a few years back involving the death of a longtime soccer coach. The Leaders of the Government are well aware of the incident, just inquire with any member of the P.D.

Guest Here we go again

Once again the Town is playing around with peoples lives! It will only get worse from here, so, standby!!! How about the Mayor and Council either A) Work WITH the Kearny ambulance squad to help provide the BEST service(which they are not and havent been) or :lol: Find and alternative means!!! When the "right" person gets affected by this lack of service then something will get done. So spread the word and put a Lawyer on STANDBY. If you need an ambulance in Town chances are you could be a millionaire.

Could you be a little more specific?

Most, if not all FD personel are EMT trained. Years ago the Police ran the ambulance. Why don't the FD take over the ambulance service. Plus it would get them out of the house a bit more. Instead of riding around to the bakery and shop rite buying their dinner stuff, they could be responding to calls for medical help.

It would be interesting if Mr. Mangin or perhaps 1 of our Council people would weigh in on this mess. Perhaps some insight will be provided shedding light on a subject that has such potential for calamity with irreversible consequence.

When are you going to step up and take control of this situation!

:angry: this is WRONG VERY WRONG! AND THE TOWN VOTED FOR THIS! the town always had 3 units why would the mayor do this to the town ?this is going to cost lives and yall let him do this!!! DAM DAM DAM! :rolleyes:

When are you going to step up and take control of this situation!

The Mayor's going to have a heart attack when finally everyone storms town hall. He'll need an ambulance, but it won't be available, the Police will be at the bank cashing all their retro checks, (which he blames for the tax increase), the firemen won't respond because they only put out fires, (even though they're EMT's), so Carol Jean will pick him up and drive him to West Hudson Hospital only to find out that we don't have a hospital any more!! Oh what a sad day for Alberto!!!

:o this is WRONG VERY WRONG! AND THE TOWN VOTED FOR THIS! the town always had 3 units why would the mayor do this to the town ?this is going to cost lives and yall let him do this!!! DAM DAM DAM! :)

When did the town "Always" have 3 units???

When did the town "Always" have 3 units???

:) back in the 50s/60s/70s and so on up to the time the police stoped running the service! tell me if iam wrong but the emts started in the 80s!but still had more than 1 unit ! :o

B) back in the 50s/60s/70s and so on up to the time the police stoped running the service! tell me if iam wrong but the emts started in the 80s!but still had more than 1 unit ! B)

You're Wrong OF, Sorry, But when the PD ran the ambulance, someone would pick up whatever walking man there was, and go get the ambulance from Liberty street, go to the claa, put the ambulance back, and go back to their assignements. The EMT's usually had One ambulance during the day when they were 100% voulunteer, sometimes a second, but with people still having to make a living, it's hard to keep it covered in daytime, usually it fell down to just one or two people who would be there every day. So, when those people burned out and they had trouble keeping it covered, they went to Paid days..in the beginning, to justify this they DID have 2 ambulances all the time, One in the main part of town, and one in South Kearny, at the insistance of the businesses there..this lasted for a while, but then the 2nd ambulance in South Kearny wasnt being covered, and we ended up with the situation that caused the Volunteer Squad to fold. Yes there were times that ther have been 3 Ambulances available in town, but it was not really a regular thing.

Guest concerned resident

Before we have a serious problem will the Mayor and the town council please make a decision on the ambulance situation!!! We have NO hospital and ONE ambulance... WHAT??? End the debate and put the EMS under the FD control!!! Let them handle the ambulance runs.... No more emergency funding for a "trial period" company to take over... The FD has close to 100 fully trained and certified EMT's!!! What else can you ask for? I'm sure they can drive an ambulance and get patients to a hospital that's open!! This topic will never be talked about again and all the Town residents will have coverage 24 hrs a day including all the commercial businesses in South Kearny who pay the most taxes!!!!!!

Before we have a serious problem will the Mayor and the town council please make a decision on the ambulance situation!!!  We have NO hospital and ONE ambulance...  WHAT???  End the debate and put the EMS under the FD control!!!  Let them handle the ambulance runs....  No more emergency funding for a "trial period" company to take over...  The FD has close to 100 fully trained and certified EMT's!!!  What else can you ask for?  I'm sure they can drive an ambulance and get patients to a hospital that's open!!  This topic will never be talked about again and all the Town residents will have coverage 24 hrs a day including all the commercial businesses in South Kearny who pay the most taxes!!!!!!

Sure seems like a NO BRAINER, but our wonderful mayor and his jestors will do something else!!! Maybe

Guest everyday

Everyday someone in the Town waits longer then they should to get an ambulance. Has anyone died as a resulted of this yet? Im sure they have. Lets go mayor get it together!

The clock is ticking and every moment the Mayor and Council fail to act makes it more likely that another person will die. People are already suffering as they have to wait for another town to have an ambulance available, imagine lying on a stretcher with your finers crossed hoping that there "may" be an ambulance coming from another municipality. Jeopardizing the lives of our families cannot be forgiven.

Guest Guest_turk182_*

You folks just dont get it do you. statistically over the last 25 YEARS the ambulance squad in kearny has averaged 10 calls every 24 hours. Thats less than 1 call every 2 hours. The town of kearny doesnt need more than 1 ambulance available to properly cover the town. Yes I will grant you that there are times when demand outstrips supply but that is seldom. On average 400 times a year.considering that the ambulance responds to 3600 to 4000 ambulance calls a year that is not a large number. Now having said this if you the homeowner and taxpayer want to have more than 1 ambulance working at any given time and in essence doing the same thing you criticise the fire dept of doing and I quote "Sitting around doing nothing" Than dont be alarmed or surprised when you property tax bill goes up to cover the additional and unnessisary costs. And if you want the fire dept. to do ambulance duties ful time the costs will be even higher because we all know that firefighters get paid more than EMT's. Before I get drawn and quatered for that statement firemen should get paid more then EMT's. And I am a full time paid professional EMT and have been one for 22years

The clock is ticking and every moment the Mayor and Council fail to act makes it more likely that another person will die. People are already suffering as they have to wait for another town to have an ambulance available, imagine lying on a stretcher with your finers crossed hoping that there "may" be an ambulance coming from another municipality. Jeopardizing the lives of our families cannot be forgiven.

stop the whining and volunteer then there would be coverage its this attitude that is killin the volunteer service.

stop the whining and volunteer then there would be coverage its this attitude that is killin the volunteer service.

There IS no "Volunteer" service, ther hsnat been one for over a year now, and when there WAs one they were lucky to have one ambulance around the clock 5 days a week. When Harrison and North Arlington started to refuse to come out for calls, there was a problem. The Town took Steps, and the service from Irvington, or wherever came in, and lo and behold, there were always 2 ambulances available...in their infinite wisdom, the town turned things BACK over to the former volunteer service, now paid, and gee, it's all screwed up again...

So apparently we have a full staff of FF's that are fully trained, licensed, EMT's but we won't allow them to transport patients? This town is backwards!!! It seems that almost all the FD's in this area (belleville, harrison, clifton, the oranges) all have full EMS capacity... And I'm sure that those FF's are paid more than full time EMT's.. so money is not a real issue... Money will come from medical and insurance billing....... I'm no expert in finance however I was transported to a hostipal over a year ago,,, The bill was close to $500.00... I'm sure that would help the town if they are crying about how to pay for the saftey and security of the taxpayer... We deserve better!!!!!!!!!!!!.... The summer coming real soon... Parents will be waiting patiently for an ambulance to come to Vets field or the Oval when a kid gets hurt playing ball.... We know it happens all the time.... Its a long run to Clara in belleville

Guest easy math

Lets see here so 1 out of 10 patients have to wait for an ambulance in other words 1 a per day is sitting there in agony or the patients family is watching their loved one die in front of them because the town and ambulance service want to PLAY GAMES.

You folks just dont get it do you. statistically over the last 25 YEARS the ambulance squad in kearny has averaged 10 calls every 24 hours. Thats less than 1 call every 2 hours. The town of kearny doesnt need more than 1 ambulance available to properly cover the town. Yes I will grant you that there are times when demand outstrips supply but that is seldom. On average 400 times a year.considering that the ambulance responds to 3600 to 4000 ambulance calls a year that is not a large number.  Now having said this if you the homeowner and taxpayer want to have more than 1 ambulance working at any given time and in essence doing the same thing you criticise the fire dept of doing and I quote "Sitting around doing nothing" Than dont be alarmed or surprised when you property tax bill goes up to cover the additional and unnessisary costs.  And if you want the fire dept. to do ambulance duties ful time the costs will be even higher because we all know that firefighters get paid more than EMT's. Before I get drawn and quatered for that statement firemen should get paid more then EMT's. And I am a full time paid professional EMT and have been one for 22years

Guest A Friend

Way not just give the FD an ambulance to keep in on of the stations. When the Kearny Ambulance is out on a call the Fire Ambulance can respond if they cant get an out of town ambulance. You can keep one in south kearny and one on the high lands. I know that you will say that you will loose fire service, but i refuse to believe that due to the numbe of true fire calls the fd responds to

Archived