Sos

Guest Cant think of a clever name

Guest Cant think of a clever name

I find it very disheartening that a community would be so against a group of people that try to protect them.

Granted they are not always busy, ( thank God) However they are always ready. The salary paid to firefighters, police, and all public servants for that matter is irrelevant. The contracts are negotiated by the unions and the elected officials either agree or disagree.

If you really feel that the amount is too high, perhaps you should look at the candidate you are backing more closely prior to pulling the vote for me lever. ( Yeah the one who promised never to raise taxes, and will sweep the streets himself/herself if it will save you money. Give me a break.) Or perhaps you should take the time to go and vote. Or you could try and revive the ever failing volunteer system. ( I know you’re too busy to do that.)

I really don’t mean to bash anybody so please forgive that little sarcastic rant.

It cost money to live in a safe community. If anyone knows another way, Please throw your hat in the ring and show us the way.

In closing; God bless us all and keep us safe during this upcoming holiday season and throughout the year.

Disclaimer: Author not responsible for misspellings or bad grammar. Some side effects of reading this post may result in open mindedness.

Guest Guest 1
I find it very disheartening that a community would be so against a group of people that try to protect them.

Granted they are not always busy, ( thank God) However they are always ready. The salary paid to firefighters, police, and all public servants for that matter is irrelevant. The contracts are negotiated by the unions and the elected officials either agree or disagree.

If you really feel that the amount is too high, perhaps you should look at the candidate you are backing more closely prior to pulling the vote for me lever. ( Yeah the one who promised never to raise taxes, and will sweep the streets himself/herself if it will save you money. Give me a break.) Or perhaps you should take the time to go and vote. Or you could try and revive the ever failing volunteer system. ( I know you’re too busy to do that.)

I really don’t mean to bash anybody so please forgive that little sarcastic rant.

It cost money to live in a safe community. If anyone knows another way, Please throw your hat in the ring and show us the way.

In closing; God bless us all and keep us safe during this upcoming holiday season and throughout the year.

Disclaimer: Author not responsible for misspellings or bad grammar. Some side effects of reading this post may result in open mindedness.

I agree, but it is not the community. There is no sympathy because everyone is struggling and has problems. The fact the fire dept. does not have a contract because they're stuck on the 24 hr. shift issue isn't a major concern. If this was truly going to save money, don't you think all the elected officials would jump at it and they're not. It just makes you wonder why. Meaanwhile, they are paid professionals and they do their job, just as most of us do.

Granted they are not always busy, ( thank God) However they are always ready. The salary paid to firefighters, police, and all public servants for that matter is  irrelevant. The contracts are negotiated by the unions and the elected officials either agree or disagree.

I agree, but it is not the community. There is no sympathy because everyone is struggling and has problems. The fact the fire dept. does not have a contract because they're stuck on the 24 hr. shift issue isn't a major concern. If this was truly going to save money, don't you think all the elected officials would jump at it and they're not. It just makes you wonder why. Meaanwhile, they are paid professionals and they do their job, just as most of us do.

Evidently the firemen want the shift change & the town wants more givebacks than the firemen are willing to part with. Kearny is one of only a few towns that do not have the 24 hr. shift. Are all the towns officials with this 24 hr. shift going back to the 10/14 or other to save $? I don't think so. This should be a major issue to all of Kearny's taxpayers who are paying to litagate an item that cost them nothing!!!

I live in a very safe community and we have a volunteer fire department and ambulance. It cost us $51,000 out of the budget for volunteers and our Town is 34 square miles.

Most Towns in New Jersey and throughout the country have volunteer fire departments. Paid fire departments are an economic disaster for a community. Just look at the last 2 fires in Kearny. They had to call Harrison to put them out.

I live in a very safe community and we have a volunteer fire department and ambulance. It cost us $51,000 out of the budget for volunteers and our Town is 34 square miles.

Most Towns in New Jersey and throughout the country have volunteer fire departments. Paid fire departments are an economic disaster for a community. Just look at the last 2 fires in Kearny. They had to call Harrison to put them out.

You be better off calling Harrison or get yourself a long garden hose, with the Volly FD responding they won't even be able to save your out house!

What is your opinion on the price of eggs in Bismark? It's refreshing to know that at the least someone, other than the Residents of Kearny, is interested in Kearny affairs. If you, some how mind to find the time, could explain to me why it's OK for Harrison to have a paid Fire Dept. ? P.S. Al Santos is always looking for concerned out of towners like you. He might have a job for you!

And how much industry like in South Kearny do you have? If Kearny goes to a volunteer FD, I bet a week's pay that eat least half the companies down there leave. Their insurance rates would go through the roof with a volunteer fire company. What do you think happens to your taxes then, when all those tax paying companies are gone?

Guest Guest 1

Granted they are not always busy, ( thank God) However they are always ready. The salary paid to firefighters, police, and all public servants for that matter is  irrelevant. The contracts are negotiated by the unions and the elected officials either agree or disagree.

Evidently the firemen want the shift change & the town wants more givebacks than the firemen are willing to part with. Kearny is one of only a few towns that do not have the 24 hr. shift. Are all the towns officials with this 24 hr. shift going back to the 10/14 or other to save $? I don't think so. This should be a major issue to all of Kearny's taxpayers who are paying to litagate an item that cost them nothing!!!

If the fire dept. negotiating team is unwilling or unable to meet the give backs the town is asking for, then it's time to move on because that issue has become non-negotiable. If I were a fire fighter, I would want 24 hr. shifts too, it's very convenient. Many of the comparable Hudson County towns are covered by a regional dept. Off the record, other some mayors say 24 hr. shifts are a nightmare. Past fire chiefs would not recommend it. So who knows, I don't but I do know it seems time for both sides to take the issue off the table, and settle the contract.

Guest an idea

And how much industry like in South Kearny do you have? If Kearny goes to a volunteer FD, I bet a week's pay that eat least half the companies down there leave. Their insurance rates would go through the roof with a volunteer fire company. What do you think happens to your taxes then, when all those tax paying companies are gone?

what will happen is the town will rezone it residential and contractors will build cookie cutter houses there.

Guest an idea

what will happen is the town will rezone it residential and contractors will build cookie cutter houses there.

You be better off calling Harrison or get yourself a long garden hose, with the Volly FD responding they won't even be able to save your out house!

Come on!

Volunteer Firefighters and EMS deserve all the credit, and respect in the world!!! It is obvious that all you care is the money you save because of their involvement. How do you justify the actions that the Mayor and Council have taken with regards to the KVERS? How can anybody even imagine that someone would volunteer their time and services to Kearny? What the Mayor and Council has done to them shocks my conscience!!!

Archived