"FOR SALE SIGNS" REPLACE XMAS DECORATIONS

Guest Guest_THE STILL SILENT MAJORITY_

It is sad to see the many homes that are up for sale in Kearny instead of xmas decorations. Homeowners are opting to sell rather than deal with in all likelyhood the largest "TAX INCREASE" in the history of Kearny. SAD, VERY SAD TO SEE!!! With MAYOR SANTOS and PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION MARY TORRES in charge of the money could there be no end to this property tax nightmare?

Guest You're kidding me

A house sells for over $1 million in kearny for the first time ever and you're questioning the real estate market in Kearny?????

Guest DERT BIAZ - PUBLIC SCHOOL NUISAN
It is sad to see the many homes that are up for sale in Kearny instead of xmas decorations. Homeowners are opting to sell rather than deal with in all likelyhood the largest "TAX INCREASE" in the history of Kearny.    SAD, VERY SAD TO SEE!!!      With MAYOR SANTOS and PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION MARY TORRES in charge of the money could there be no end to this property tax nightmare?

No-Berto, when will that for sale sign be on your front lawn? The sooner the better.

What planet have you been cruising people have been leaving here in droves. There are more former residents than any other kind ask all the former employees of the town the ones that lived here I know theres not many that live here anymore they can't afford the taxes.

It is sad to see the many homes that are up for sale in Kearny instead of xmas decorations. Homeowners are opting to sell rather than deal with in all likelyhood the largest "TAX INCREASE" in the history of Kearny.    SAD, VERY SAD TO SEE!!!      With MAYOR SANTOS and PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION MARY TORRES in charge of the money could there be no end to this property tax nightmare?

Remember Mary is in conflict being both the mayor's aid and the board president. And last but not least Mayor Al does not pay local taxes. Where does he live any way? Is it the second ward or is it the third? Well as Mary said in a former life, Let them eat cake! The equivalent today is, Kiss my ass! (tax payer.)

Guest Guest 99
Remember Mary is in conflict being both the mayor's aid and  the board president. And last but not least Mayor Al does not pay local taxes. Where does he live any way? Is it the second ward or is it the third? Well as Mary said in a former life, Let them eat cake! The equivalent today is, Kiss my ass! (tax payer.)

And what does this have to do with the price of peanut butter? Are you saying taxes are going up because Mary is Big Al's aide? Or because he is not a property owner?

Taxes go up because they are based on the value of the property, which has doubled in the last five years in Kearny. That is why some can't afford the rate anymore. Are any of you complaining because your $150,000 house is now worth $300,000? I don't think so.

Oh, wait a minute! Yes you are. You want a $300,000 house value with a $150,000 taxes rate, right? Yadi, yadi, yadi, blah, blah, blah. :lol::lol:B);)

Guest BERT DIAZ PUBLIC SCHOOL PRINCIPA
No-Berto, when will that for sale sign be on your front lawn?  The sooner the better.

I am in the process of possibly buying a THIRD house in Kearny and I will be Happy to rent apartments to anyone who qualifies. BOTTOM LINE: I DO NOT PLAN TO LEAVE BUT I DO INTEND TO RUN FOR A SEAT ON THE KEARNY BOARD OF EDUCATION.Would you like to know my CREDENTIALS TO BE ON THE KEARNY BOARD OF EDUCATION???

Sad answer 99. EXCUSES!!! EXCUSES!!!! EXCUSES!!! That's all you give this board. I think you want to see good people leave Kearny. The less people who oppose the people you support the more people that come to Kearny you can sell your BS too.

And what does this have to do with the price of peanut butter? Are you saying taxes are going up because Mary is Big Al's aide? Or because he is not a property owner?

Taxes go up because they are based on the value of the property, which has doubled in the last five years in Kearny. That is why some can't afford the rate anymore. Are any of you complaining because your $150,000 house is now worth $300,000? I don't think so.

Oh, wait a minute! Yes you are. You want a $300,000 house value with a $150,000 taxes rate, right? Yadi, yadi, yadi, blah, blah, blah. :lol:  :lol:  B)  ;)

You are totally off base. Real estate taxes do not rise dependent on house value. I will bet that if the real estate market slows or tanks, your house value will drop, and real estate taxes will continue to rise.

Oh, wait a minute! Yes you are. You want a $300,000 house value with a $150,000 taxes rate, right? Yadi, yadi, yadi, blah, blah, blah. :blink:  ;)  :P  ;)

Thank you Laura

Archived