"Free Holiday Parking"

Guest Guest

Kearny sent very nice magazines to all of our homes asking us to be proud of Kearny, and patronize the businesses here in town. But, how come Kearny didn't offer free meter parking earlier this season? Harrison, and NA, did... I am sure their businesses did a whole lot better this year than Kearny's. and you expect us to shop in Kearny, why should we when we have to pay to park, we can shop elsewhere and park FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kearny sent very nice magazines to all of our homes asking us to be proud of Kearny, and patronize the businesses here in town.  But, how come Kearny didn't offer free meter parking earlier this season?  Harrison, and NA, did...  I am sure their businesses did a whole lot better this year than Kearny's.  and you expect us to shop in Kearny, why should we when we have to pay to park, we can shop elsewhere and park FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiss my ass!

Mary

what good is free parking if there is nowhere to park, but that will be taken care of when Walmart opens their doors. That will drive the nail in the coffin for the local retailers.

Guest Kearny Ave guy
what good is free parking if there is nowhere to park, but that will be taken care of when Walmart opens their doors. That will drive the nail in the coffin for the local retailers.

I saw a Kearny police officer today making a person move from a loading zone on Kearny Avenue. The person obviously was waiting for someone to get out of a local store. There was no parking on the street. During this holiday season, the merchants need all the customers they can get. The police officers need to exercise their discretion and not hurt merchants by strictly enforcing parking regulations. The buses don't pull into the bus stops, the cops do nothing about that but they make people move out of the loading zones and bus stops when they are obviously waiting for someone who's shopping. That is why Kearny merchants suffer. The police have no clue how hard merchants work to make a buck. When Walmart opens their job will be made harder. Maybe the cops will leave the parkers alone since they will have their handsful with shoplifters at Walmart.

Archived