Robb_guest's Post

KOTW

Should KOTW Edit RobB_Guest's Post?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should KOTW Edit RobB_Guest's Post?

• Yes
    • No

"Wow Rob what a great post. Yeah that JoeW is a real communist. Wasn't it a beautiful day here today with that fresh BERGEN COUNTY air. The only sad news today was that RERUN passed away other than that everything is beautiful. See you tomorrow and oh yeah S***W YOU JOEW "

Should KOTW edit the above post to eliminate the profanity on the last line and have it appear as it does above?

I voted no.

While I do continue to browse I will not participate on the boards.

As I said, I had no problem with Rob's post, I've been told a lot worse. My problem was with the editing of others and the leaving of that one. It is a fairness issue, not a vulgarity one. Pre- or post- "policy" makes no difference. Also, are you really going to allow the participants to decide what is suitable for posting??

The ownership rumor that I have heard also adds to the reasons I no longer participate.

Anybody that wants to communicate with me can do so via e-mail: joeweber@khstrackalumni.com

JW

p.s. - Sorry, Dina, I lied. I did post one more time.

I voted no.

While I do continue to browse I will not participate on the boards.

As I said, I had no problem with Rob's post, I've been told a lot worse. My problem was with the editing of others and the leaving of that one. It is a fairness issue, not a vulgarity one. Pre- or post- "policy" makes no difference. Also, are you really going to allow the participants to decide what is suitable for posting??

The ownership rumor that I have heard also adds to the reasons I no longer participate.

Anybody that wants to communicate with me can do so via e-mail: joeweber@khstrackalumni.com

JW

p.s. - Sorry, Dina, I lied. I did post one more time.

Welcome Back JoeW,

As you know any poll I have put up have been flops, very few members take the time to respond. So, my decision to edit the post will not be solely based on the poll.

I now understand your objection. It is a good objection and may ultimately carry the day. I will make a decision by tomorrow morning. In fairness to everyone else, I'd like everyone to have an opportunity to voice their opinion.

As to the identity of KOTW, I have decided to remain anonymous because I want visitors to the site to judge me not on a preconceived notion of who I am but on my character as reflected by the content on the site and my editing decisions.

I have deleted no posts and edited only a few (as previously noted) so I do not understand the reluctance of some, never to participate, and LACP now deciding to not participate. (Your objection being noted.)

KOTW

To JoeW, Other Members & Guests:

I have reversed my decision not to edit RobB_Guest's post of October 23rd (North Arlington Section, Minding My North Arlington Business Topic).

For easy reference, here is the original post, and my Notes regarding it's editing which now appear with the post of October 23rd:

Original Post & Note as it appears now (between the quotes ["]):

"Wow Rob what a great post. Yeah that JoeW is a real communist. Wasn't it a beautiful day here today with that fresh BERGEN COUNTY air. The only sad news today was that RERUN passed away other than that everything is beautiful. See you tomorrow and oh yeah S***W YOU JOEW

Note from KOTW:

Shortly after this post was posted I stated the following:

'I am leaving the last three capitalized words alone in the above post because of the smiley face implying that the poster is being sarcastic, however, please refrain from using anything close to profanity when posting.'

After reflection I decided to not allow any profanity (or anything close to profanity) to be posted. I however felt it appropriate to only edit posts going forward leaving the above post as is.

Member JoeW did not agree with my decision. He recently clarified his position as follows:

'As I said, I had no problem with Rob's post, I've been told a lot worse. My problem was with the editing of others and the leaving of that one. It is a fairness issue, not a vulgarity one. Pre- or post- "policy" makes no difference.'

Upon further reflection, I now understand JoeW's objection. He is correct I should edit all posts with profanity. To allow one to stay on the board would not be fair to other posters whose profanity was edited.

Thus, I have edited the last line of the post to remove the profanity.

(Editing change made on November 12, 2003 to remove profanity)"

Guest RobB_Guest

I haven't had the time to respond but Dina has kept me abreast. I never meant any ill will towrds JoeW and my comments are usually in jest with the exception of the KVERS and that damn FrankieF who has crawled from under his rock. BTW what ever happened to HIS great website. Right after he lost his election try boom he was gone. It doesn't really matter that my post was deleted or changed or whatever was done. The webmaster owns the site and I'm here as his/her guest. As for the whiners you'll always be whiners and only see things one sided. I'm an American and would never ask for somebodies post to be edited. I stand for the constitution right or wrong. But hey I know communism still exsist. Say nothing in my defense and sooner or later ther won't be anyone to defend you or your rights. Hate/dislike me if you wish this is still the greatest country in the world and I'll be damned if I'd be offended by anything I can easily ignore. Most of you must enjoy my post or this wouldn't be such an issue. American, Italian, Portugese, Puerto Rican, African, Columbian, Irish etc. in this country we're all entitled to say whatever we wish if you choose not to hear it close your eyes/ears and bury your head in the sand. But remember the criminals and the fanatics will always be there to impose their will on you and I'll always resist even from "WHERE LOVELY BERGEN COUNTY BEGINS". Webmaster no hard feelings it's your site to do with as you please and I'm your humble guest honoring your will. :D

• 10 months later...
I have deleted no posts and edited only a few (as previously noted) so I do not understand the reluctance of some, never to participate, and LACP now deciding to not participate. (Your objection being noted.)

KOTW

To: KOTW

The comment above is an outright lie! You've deleted/rejected numerous of my posts for no other reason, other than the simple fact that Mr. Leadbeater was casually mentioned in them. Although I am aware that you both have an "unholy" alliance, I do believe that you should put your bias allegiances aside, and post any topics and replies which do not contain profanity.

:ph34r:

Hi JoeW,

I saw a post that you had written back in November of 2003, regarding this forum's ownership. In case you aren't already aware, this board is owned by **** ***** ****** ** ********. Yes, the very same **** ***** ****** which is an **** ***** ** **** *****, yet kisses Mr. Leadbeader's @$$ every opportunity he is given. As a matter of fact, so much so, that he has deleted numerous of my posts and replies, before they are even posted on the site, simply because they mention Leadbeader's name in them. This site bites!

:ph34r:

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Bitethis
Hi JoeW,

I saw a post that you had written back in November of 2003, regarding this forum's ownership. In case you aren't already aware, this board is owned by **** ***** ****** ** ********. Yes, the very same **** ***** ****** which is an **** ***** ** **** *****, yet kisses Mr. Leadbeader's @$$ every opportunity he is given. As a matter of fact, so much so, that he has deleted numerous of my posts and replies, before they are even posted on the site, simply because they mention Leadbeader's name in them. This site bites!

:blink:

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Ain't that tough!!

Archived