Metrostars

Harrison Community Coalition

Do you want the Metrostars in Harrison?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Metrostars in Harrison?

• Yes, without a doubt, the best thing for Harrison and vital for our re-development.Maybe, I still think, that after 6 years, the towns people need more information about it.
    • No, it will hurt Harrison more than help.NO! I want is someone to start a petition to make it stop! Next election day I will do my part!

Doesn't this all depend on the deal for the naming rights to the stadium? AEG's other stadiums have sold their naming rights for good money (Home Depot, Staples, NOKIA). Since the town owns the stadium itself, and the naming rights, that is where the towns income will come from.

And it's still a better idea than that ridiculous movie studio boondoggle!

Guest 2smart4u
Doesn't this all depend on the deal for the naming rights to the stadium? AEG's other stadiums have sold their naming rights for good money (Home Depot, Staples, NOKIA). Since the town owns the stadium itself, and the naming rights, that is where the towns income will come from.

And it's still a better idea than that ridiculous movie studio boondoggle!

I hate to burst your balloon, but don't expect any corporations to pay to get their name on this stadium. Stadiums this size are all over the country and none have corporate names. Not enough exposure.

Guest Angry Taxpayer
Here is a Question for you, How much money is the Metrostars really gonna make for Harrison?  The Metrostars, nothing else, just the Metrostars!

Make for Harrison ?? Yeah Right !! The Metrostars get ALL THE PROCEEDS from the stadium. That also means that if the stadium holds a concert during the off-season, the Metrostars get any profits from that also.

Wonderful deal the town negotiated, don't you think.

Make for Harrison ?? Yeah Right !! The Metrostars get ALL THE PROCEEDS from the stadium. That also means that if the stadium holds a concert during the off-season, the Metrostars get any profits from that also.

Wonderful deal the town negotiated, don't you think.

They are also getting a tax break, so If anyone else built there, the town of Harrison would make more money.

The bottom line is that, since october 16th this site hasn't even reached 400 views. Thats people like me and you viewing it over & over. NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THIS SITE!!! HELP SPREAD THE WORD.

THERE ARE 14,000 PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN THIS TOWN GET THEM TURNED ON TO VOICE THEIR OPINION.

• 1 month later...

On a ballpark figure for the project:

PH: The overall project is $130,000,000 which includes land acquisition and a financing scheme that will require funding and the reason that we go to the improvement authority at this point is from a capacity standpoint. The town would not have the ability to bond at that level. From a financing standpoint, what I can tell you is that the debt where the bonds will be covered by new revenues generated from the redevelopment area.

On the ownership of the stadium and responsibility for the debt:

PH: The town of Harrison will own the stadium and be responsible for the debt.

PH=Peter Higgins

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/r...635&l_id=&t_id=

On the monetary contribution from the MetroStars:

NS: We?ll be making a substantial equity contribution to the tune of about $30 million. In relation to that, we will be operating the stadium through our various businesses that are owned and operated by AEG which include MetroStars soccer team as the anchor tenant to be there for long term. In addition to that our growing and expanding concert business will bring assets to the building as well as other events we will be looking to program in there. As some of you may or may not know, AEG is one of the preeminent managers of facility and programmers of facility content in the world and Harrison has picked a tremendous company to manage its stadium, so we?ll bring those assets to the table.

On the division of revenue:

PH: The revenue for the debt service on the bonds will be parking garage revenue (4,000 spots) and revenue from the development around the stadium. None of most stadium income is tied to the debt service.

Guest opposition

On any possible community opposition:

PH: On the contrary, the project from day one has received tremendous local support as Mayor McDonough said in his opening statement, historically a soccer town and region, even with the population changes is becoming more so. I think there?s tremendous support for the project as a whole.

Guest Senior Town Resident
On any possible community opposition:

PH: On the contrary, the project from day one has received tremendous local support as Mayor McDonough said in his opening statement, historically a soccer town and region, even with the population changes is becoming more so. I think there?s tremendous support for the project as a whole.

"Tremendous local support" ?? WHAT A CROCK !! I don't know of one person that was asked or polled to see what they thought of the stadium project. I talk to a lot of people in town; neighbors, friends, relatives, and not one of them has said they were ever asked their opinion. To the contrary, all of these same friends, neighbors and relatives and myself are all in agreement that this stadium project is going to be a disaster for Harrison, especially from a financial viewpoint.

$40,000,000 borrowed to finance a stadium and Harrison gets NONE of the profits !! Someone please tell me how this is a good deal.

The stadium should bring a great deal of upscale development to the area surrounding it. The restuarants and commercial and retail uses will be of a better quality with the draw of the stadium.

Archived