Harrison

Harrison Community Coalition

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, allow this Board to ask these questions:

That is, where is the Harrison Community Coalition?

Are they still around? Are they still operating? Who started it and who belongs to it? Do they have regular meetings?

Will they be running a slate of candidates in next year’s election? Will they be making any endorsement of candidates?

Or was this just some guy working out of his basement?

Anyone know anything about this group???

Why do I have to E-mail you to find out the answers to these questions???

Are you a public forum or a private forum?

Apparently, you or your group are not players in the Mayoral '06 Election.

Surprise me and answer the originally posted questions.

Good though to get some pulse from your org.

This is our E-mail:

HarrisonNJCommunityCoalition@yahoo.com

Contact us.  We will help all we can.

We will try one more time, but do to lack of interest; we held neither meeting nor fulfilled any pledge. 

Trust me or have faith, we want to help.

Set you yahoo id up in one day. Yahoo has severe flaws.

You're stupidity is why noone answered.

Again, allow this Board to ask these questions:

That is, where is the Harrison Community Coalition?

You know I'm gonna try. More then some of you. Have faith.

Are they still around? Are they still operating? Who started it and who belongs to it? Do they have regular meetings?

Really one person started it. His name is Steve Adler. He's losing his property to a developer. He owns the Driver Harris Property, now a parking garage. He's a lawyer who has studied real estate law. He has gone to court over this re-development and lost. He doesn't live in Harrison and is only protecting his property.

No, we haven't had a meeting or regular meetings. Though I'm trying to convince him to hold them. He's backed off a bit and I know he's had meetings with developers.

I'm trying to help. This town is quite funny though. Don't know who to trust. All I do know is that I own property in town and pay a lot of taxes. This re-development isn't going to help. What they are doing is so obviously wrong, but I realized no one wants to step up, so I figured I try.

Trust me or not. Make up a Yahoo e-mail and contact me. I will not disclose who I am, nor do I expect you to disclose your name, but send me an e-mail, so I have a beggining. If you think I'm useless then stop contacting me. I will try to hold a meeting in public when I believe we have a mass number of people to make a difference.

Will they be running a slate of candidates in next year’s election? Will they be making any endorsement of candidates? 
We may or may not support a candidate, but we don't have any of yet to support. If I support one, I don't expect everyone to follow, but to look at the facts and not lies or myths
Or was this just some guy working out of his basement?

Anyone know anything about this group???

Why do I have to E-mail you to find out the answers to these questions???

You don't have to do anything, but that wont help much. Like you I keep my Identity sealed, but vow to help
Are you a public forum or a private forum?
I will like to be public and invite all to read and add comments. Just keep it to the facts
Apparently, you or your group are not players in the Mayoral '06 Election.

Surprise me and answer the originally posted questions.

Good though to get some pulse from your org.

Some one had to step up, but right now I'm only one!

Guest I have nothing to hide
Set you yahoo id up in one day. Yahoo has severe flaws.

You're stupidity is why noone answered.

I trust someone is trying to help. I for one answered. Though I did not give my name to you, you recieved my e-mail I expect you to respond with some information.

I trust someone is trying to help.  I for one answered.  Though I did not give my name to you, you recieved my e-mail I expect you to respond with some information.

To Harrison Community Coalition:

Was going to E-mail you, buddy. But I'm a little concerned about this posting, buddy; that is, about you not responding to E-Mails.

Also, there are a little inconsistencies in your reply.

However, I do appreciate your recent posting. It was most civil and measured. Cool. Keep it up. Just keep an eye on your spelling and grammar.

But I have a sneaky suspicion the HCC will soon be proved to be the "boil on the ass" in town.

Adler sold out his website if off line at the request of the Mayor and the corruption continues.
That’s a shame if it's True. I haven't spoken to him in a while. Though don't be surprised if you here from him again.

Mr. Adler has more money then he needs. This fact would make it hard for the mayor to buy him out. Adler would have to have an incredible deal with the developer, which I know hasn't happened.

Also, there are a little inconsistency in your reply.
Sorry. I'm here for the long run. Some will try to put me down. Especially this current Mayor and his regime, for I think he's killing Harrison and will just move on when he's done.

Our Mayor works in funny ways, he's keeping enough people happy to guarantee his victory in elections, but that’s because the vast population don't vote.

All I can say is I'm here.

I want to try to organize something, but don't know how.

We all share a hint of fear, at least I do. I think that if this Mayor were to know I was against him, he would make my life difficult some how.

Have faith and trust me. E-mail me. Stay anonymous if you choose or let me know who you are. As of now I am going to remain anonymous. Sorry, but I feel it’s necessary.

The beauty of America is that, if enough of us decide to make a difference we can.

All we have to do is get the vote out.

I won't say if I was for or against the war in IRAQ, but when it came down to their election day, I believe 90% of the people voted.

They risked their lives and many died. Here in Harrison, of 7,000 +/-, only 1,200 votes, that’s fewer than 20%.

I have nothing further to say tonight.

God Bless

OK, so here’s an Idea.

If you’re really upset with the re-development or the Metro Stars deal, go to Yahoo.com and open an e-mail. Some where in your e-mail put HCC. For example: HCCforharrison@yahoo.com, or HCCmember1@yahoo.com, HCCmember2@yahoo.com

It would be nice if we gave each other numbers. Start off with 1, if it’s taken jump to 2…..

Once you open an e-mail, you can send an e-mail or two.

Go to the Department of Community Affairs web site. The following link will leave you at the Department of Community Affairs website. At this web site fill out the application and let them know how you feel. The town of Harrison is supposed to hold regular annual meetings with them and their Local Finance Board. It’s a progress report of sort, which is supposed to prove the state Finance Board, that the “COMMUNITY IS TRULY BEHIND THE RE-DEVELOPMENT AGENCY”, THAT THE TOWN HOLD”AS MANY PUBLIC HEARINGS AS YOU CAN HAVE”. These concerns were expressed by a Ms. French, who no longer seems to be a board member.

http://www.nj.gov/dca/contactus/contact.shtml

Then try the following email; dlgs@dca.state.nj.us

(I would appreciate if you send me a copy, so we can start to keep copies of what’s going on. If I see that there is a lack of response, I may become discouraged to continue to help. You are contacting state officials. I believe we can make a difference. Encourage people to participate or we are giving up. Again, my e-mail is: HarrisonNJCommunityCoalition@yahoo.com

If you prefer to hand write a letter, do the following (a hand written letter, means more and is more powerful, but also e-mail, it’s easier)

Local Finance Board - Members

NOTE: Mail one application to each of the following Members of the Local Finance.

Regular

Mail

James P. Fox

Port Authority of NY/NJ

225 Park Ave. South

15th Floor

New York, NY 10003

Mr. Richard F. Turner

400 Park Avenue

Weehawken, NJ 07087

Charlotte DeFilippo

65 King Street

Hillside, NJ 07205

Scott R. MacFadden

401 Chambers Bridge Road

Brick, NJ 08723

*** Honorable John H. Ewing

8118 Fellowship Rd

Liberty Corner , NJ 07920

or

P.O. Box 352

Bedminister, NJ 07921

***Honorable John H. Ewing, is the only board member since 1999, when the town first met with this board.

Ms. Lizette Delgado

564 S. Pitney Road

Galloway, NJ 08205

Mr. Ted Light

22 Ocean Lane

South Seaside Park, NJ 08752

Daniel P. Reynolds, SDAG

Division of Law

25 Market Street, PO 112

Trenton, NJ 08625-0112

MAIL THE ORIGINAL APPLICATION PLUS TWOCOPIES TO:

Patricia Parkin McNamara

Executive Secretary

Local Finance Board

Dept. of Community Affairs

101 South Broad St.

P.O. Box 803

Trenton, NJ 08625-0803

(609) 292-4537

The following information are the dates an times, Harrison met with the Local Finance Board in the last 4 years (INFORMATION received from the following web page: http://www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfb/lfbmenu.shtml). Using this web site we may be able to set up days we can go down to these meetings to protest:

LOCAL FINANCE BOARD

THE YEAR 2005

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Conference Room #129

101 South Broad Street

Trenton, New Jersey 08625-0803

11:30 am Hudson County Improvement Authority

Hudson - NJSA 40A:5A-6

$40,000,000 Proposed Project Financing

(Stadium Project)

NJSA 40A:5A-6

$40,000,000 Proposed Service Contract

(County Guarantee – Stadium Project)

$45,000,000 Proposed Project Financing

(Parking Garage Project)

$45,000,000 Proposed Service Contract

(County Guarantee – Parking Garage Project)

Town of Harrison

NJSA 40A:2-6(d) and NJSA 40A:12A-37(e)

$40,000,000 Proposed Extension of Credit

NJSA 40A:2-26(e)

$40,000,000 Proposed Non-Conforming Maturity Schedule

THE YEAR 2003

DATE: Wednesday, January 8, 2003 LOCATION: Department of Community Affairs

Conference Room #129

101 South Broad Street

10:25 am Harrison Township Board of Education

Gloucester - NJSA 18A:24-7

$2,857,000 Proposed Non-Conforming Maturity Schedule

DATE: Wednesday, April 9, 2003 LOCATION: Department of Community Affairs

Conference Room #129

101 South Broad Street

11:40 am Harrison Town

Hudson - NJSA 40A:2-51

$4,300,000 Proposed Refunding Bond Ordinance (ERI)

THE YEAR 2002

DATE: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 LOCATION: Department of Community Affairs

Conference Room #129

101 South Broad Street

10:20 AM Harrison Township Board of Education

Gloucester - NJSA 18A:24-61.5(1)

$4,600,000 Proposed School Refunding Bonds

Prove me wrong, go to the following site and look at the Minutes of their meetings your self: http://www.nj.gov/dca/lgs/lfb/lfbmenu.shtml

Never an update on the progress of the Re-Development going on in Harrison, total avoidance of the request made by Board member Ms. French on Wednesday, February 10,1999 10:25a.m; page 141, lines 23 & 24 (Call and ask for a copy of the minutes 1-800-636-1136) .

SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION, YOU MIGHT FIND INTERESTING TO READ. FOUND AT: New Jersey State Legislature Statues

40A:2-6. Debt limitation

No bond ordinance shall be finally adopted if it appears from the supplemental debt statement required by this chapter that the percentage of net debt as stated therein pursuant to 40A:2-42 exceeds 2.00%, in the case of a county, or 3 1/2 %, in the case of a municipality.

L.1960, c. 169, s. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1962. Amended by L.1964, c. 72, s. 2.

40A:12-7. Subsequent acquisition of outstanding interests

Any county or municipality having acquired any real property, capital improvement or personal property or any estate or interest therein subject to any lawful conditions, restrictions or limitations upon its use may subsequently acquire such outstanding interest.

In any case in which a county or municipality seeks to acquire such interest or estate by purchase or condemnation, the amount to be paid to the owner of the reversionary or other private right or estate or expectancy shall be the value of such right, subject to the continued use of the property for the purpose or purposes for which it was acquired by the county or municipality.

L.1971, c. 199, s. 7, eff. July 1, 1971.

40A:2-26 Maturities of bonds.

40A:2-26. Maturities of all bonds shall be as determined by bond ordinance or by subsequent resolution and within the following limitations:

a. All bonds shall mature within the period or average period of usefulness determined in the bond ordinance.

b. All bonds shall mature in annual installments, the first of which shall be payable not more than one year from the date of the bonds. No annual installment shall exceed by more than 100% the amount of the smallest prior installment.

c. The first installment of bonds to finance a municipal public utility may be made payable not later than the end of the second year's operation, computed from the estimated date of completion, as fixed in the project report submitted pursuant to this chapter.

d. Bonds to finance that part of the cost of a local improvement which is to be assessed on property shall mature in annual installments not exceeding in number the number of annual installments or average thereof fixed in the bond ordinance for the payment of special assessments. The first annual installment of such bonds shall be payable not more than two years from the date of the bonds, and no annual installment shall exceed the amount of the smallest prior installment.

e. A governing body which has concluded that the limitations as to maturities or amounts of annual installments will adversely affect the financial position of the local unit, may make written application to the local government board setting forth its conclusion and the reasons therefor and the desired maturities or the amounts of annual installments for bonds about to be issued. If the local government board finds such conclusion to be well founded, it may, by order, fix the maturities or amounts of annual installments of such bonds as desired by the local unit, or fix any such other maturities or amounts of annual installments which the circumstances warrant.

f. The governing body, by resolution, may provide for a single and combined issue of bonds not exceeding the aggregate amount of bonds authorized by two or more bond ordinances. The bonds of such issue shall mature within the average period of usefulness which shall be determined in said resolution, taking into consideration the respective amount of bonds authorized by each of the bond ordinances and the period or average period of usefulness therein determined. The provisions of this chapter applicable to the sale and issuance of a single issue of bonds shall apply to the sale and issuance of such combined issue of bonds.

g. The governing body, by resolution, may allow the adjustment of, or otherwise delegate to a finance officer the authority to adjust, the maturity schedule of the bonds, up to 24 hours prior to the time advertised for the receipt of bids and within 24 hours after the award of bids; provided that no maturity schedule adjustment shall exceed 10% of the principal for any maturity with the aggregate adjustment to maturity not to exceed 10% of the principal for the overall issue. When an adjustment has been made to a maturity schedule previously approved by the local finance board, a copy of the final maturity schedule which meets or complies with the limitations in this subsection shall be filed with the board within 30 days of the sale and shall be conclusively deemed to have been approved by the board.

Amended 2003, c.15, s.3.

Adler tried all the above. The Local Finance Board is as corrupt as the local politicans. Nobody in New Jersey works on what is best for the public. The board members are all political appointments who allow the corruption to continue. Governor Codey openly said that the stadium made no financial sense. He then comes and holds a press conference spun as the MetroStars are paying for the stadium 100% when the reality is that the deal is the same. Mayor McDonough took a trip to California and an got an envelope and he will be out of town at his shore house unstuffing his desk and the taxpayers will be stuck with the bill. The worst part is that the feds continue to allow the above to happen. Adler sold out. His father would be proud.

Adler tried all the above. The Local Finance Board is as corrupt as the local politicans. Nobody in New Jersey works on what is best for the public. The board members are all political appointments who allow the corruption to continue. Governor Codey openly said that the stadium made no financial sense. He then comes and holds a press conference spun as the MetroStars are paying for the stadium 100% when the reality is that the deal is the same. Mayor McDonough took a trip to California and an got an envelope and he will be out of town at his shore house unstuffing his desk and the taxpayers will be stuck with the bill. The worst part is that the feds continue to allow the above to happen. Adler sold out. His father would be proud.
So give up or send the e-mail. Here's a few more e-mails you can send to:

policy@votecorzine.org (label this one corruption in Harrison & Hudson county, MAKE A DIFFERENCE)

info@doug2005.com (label this one corruption in Harrison & Hudson county Make a difference!)

ethics@eces.state.nj.us

ethics@eces.state.nj.us

40A:12A-11 Creation of Redevelopment Agency

There shall be seven commissioners of a redevelopment agency. The commissioners shall be appointed by the governing body, in the manner generally required for appointments by the form of government under which the municipality is governed. Commissioners shall each serve for a term of five years; except that the first of these appointees shall be designated to serve for the following terms: one for a term of one year, one for a term of two years, two for terms of three years, one for a term of four years, and two for terms of five years. No more than two commissioners shall be officers or employees of the municipality. Each commissioner shall hold office for the term of his appointment and until his successor shall have been appointed and qualified. Any vacancy occurring in the office of commissioner, from any cause, shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointment, but for the unexpired term.

The municipal governing body may provide by ordinance that not more than two of the commissioners shall be members of the governing body. A commissioner who is a member of the governing body shall serve for a term of one year. That ordinance shall provide for the terms of the other commissioners to be appointed to staggered terms in substantial accord with the provisions of this section.

http://lis.njleg.state.nj.us/cgi-bin/om_is...=TOC_Frame_Pg42

So I've recieved a couple e-mails, but not many, not enough to make a difference.

I don't think you understand.

It's easy to complain about it her on-line and accomplish nothing.

Here's a chance to do something about it.

If we don't bother these people with a massive number of e-mails, phone calls or hand written letters, we will accomplish nothing.

Again, I repeat, go to Yahoo.com and open an e-mail. Some where in your e-mail put HCC. For example: HCCforharrison@yahoo.com, or HCCmember1@yahoo.com, HCCmember2@yahoo.com

It would be nice if we gave each other numbers. Start off with 1, if it’s taken jump to 2…..

Once you open an e-mail, you can send an e-mail or two.

Thank You for trying to Save HARRISON with me.

A list of people to e-mail:

policy@votecorzine.org, (label this one corruption in Harrison & Hudson county, MAKE A DIFFERENCE)

info@doug2005.com, (label this one corruption in Harrison & Hudson county Make a difference!)

ethics@eces.state.nj.us,

dlgs@dca.state.nj.us,

Hotline@sci.state.nj.us,

ethics@eces.state.nj.us,

njeda@njeda.com,

information@njeit.org,

clmand@treas.state.nj.us,

thedefenders@opd.state.nj.us

dcjnews@njdcj.org

Web Sites to visit:

http://www.njdcj.org

http://www.nj.gov/dca/contactus/contact.shtml

OK People,

Through the lack of response I can only assume that this town council has embedded some fear into you. This is ridiculous. Don't you understand that they should fear us! They are elected officials. We voted them in and can vote them out. Their Duty is to represent us. Many of us do not like what’s going on, so we have to do something about it.

Here is an Idea, a baby step in the right direction.

Gather some people and attend the next meeting, this coming Tuesday, October 4th at the Town Hall, Time: 6:30 p.m. I'm not asking you to speak, just attend.

Let’s start off slow. Let’s make a difference. We pay these guys salary; make sure their doing their job. If someone feels confident then speak up. If our Leaders aren't doing a good job then we need a new leader to step up.

At least show some interest. Look around, see who you can trust and talk to.

If you go to this PUBLIC meeting, they can't do anything, but realize more and more people are watching and they'll have to be more careful.

Lets make a difference baby step by baby step at a time!! B)

Guest Millions for Stadiums

The "Millions for Stadiums, Peanuts for Schools"

Re-Development adding condos, building a new school, but how about putting air conditioner in existing schools, or fixing some of then up.

Nice Job Pete Higins (Board of Education) Money before kids AGAIN

Guest Mr. Higgins
The "Millions for Stadiums, Peanuts for Schools"

Re-Development adding condos, building a new school, but how about putting air conditioner in existing schools, or fixing some of then up.

Nice Job Pete Higins (Board of Education) Money before kids AGAIN

Please spell my name correctly. it's HIGGINS ( 2 G's ) Thank You.

HERE'S A GOOD LIST (icluding the previously listed):

pmcnamara@dca.state.nj.us,

cstarghill@dca.state.nj.us,

dpiccolella@dca.state.nj.us,

npiegaro@dca.state.nj.us,

njeda@njeda.com,

information@njeit.org,

clmand@treas.state.nj.us,

thedefenders@opd.state.nj.us,

JFox@dca.state.nj.us,

CDeFilippo@dca.state.nj.us,

SMacFadden@dca.state.nj.us,