Mayor Santos running out of excuses?

Guest Town Watch

We need change. We need someone who is an independent thinker who is not connected to the Hudson County political machine.

I'd like to suggest PAUL CASTELLI. He demontrated his independent spirit when he broke with the BOE and voted against the LaClair settlement.

LOL, yeah, real "independent spirit" in taking a stance that the majority of Kearnians had already taken. Way to pave his own path, truly.

What a joke.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FACTS! YOU WANT FACTS ? HOW ABOUT TAXES HAVE GONE UP EVERY YEAR SINCE HE BECAME MAYOR. GETS HIMSELF A JOB IN THE COUNTY WITH ALL THE PEOPLE HE CALLED THE BAD GUYS. HE'S BOGUS AND SELFSERVING .THE TOWN IS IN DEBT WITH ALL THE BONDING. OPEN YOUR EYES !! you would have been much better off with Magin but you'll never get him to run now.

Why wouldn't he run now?

Do you think that is a chance that he would?

One way of knowing if he would be willing is by asking. Right?

Guest Recall Mayor Santos
FACTS! YOU WANT FACTS ? HOW ABOUT TAXES HAVE GONE UP EVERY YEAR SINCE HE BECAME MAYOR. GETS HIMSELF A JOB IN THE COUNTY WITH ALL THE PEOPLE HE CALLED THE BAD GUYS. HE'S BOGUS AND SELFSERVING .THE TOWN IS IN DEBT WITH ALL THE BONDING. OPEN YOUR EYES !! you would have been much better off with Magin but you'll never get him to run now.

You couldn't have made it any clearer. Judgement Day is here for this Mayor, He has no more excuses left.

LOL, yeah, real "independent spirit" in taking a stance that the majority of Kearnians had already taken. Way to pave his own path, truly.

What a joke.

That's being a slick politician. He knows if was not settled, the school system would lose and it would cost them a lot more in legal and other settlement costs.

But this way he gets it both ways. He caters to the towns reactionary elements who he assumes are the majority (at one time Bush also had majority support). He knew the majority wanted to do the legal and ethical thing by settling. So he supported the reactionaries without risking an expensive and ultimately embarrassing court fight.

Its easy to vote for something popular even if it is illegal. It takes guts to vote for something unpopular.

We need change. We need someone who is an independent thinker who is not connected to the Hudson County political machine.

I'd like to suggest PAUL CASTELLI. He demontrated his independent spirit when he broke with the BOE and voted against the LaClair settlement.

Paul Castelli would be a starting point. Also John Pincho would be an excellent candidate along with James Mangin to name a few. Individuals with a vision for all Kearny Residents.

That's being a slick politician. He knows if was not settled, the school system would lose and it would cost them a lot more in legal and other settlement costs.

But this way he gets it both ways. He caters to the towns reactionary elements who he assumes are the majority (at one time Bush also had majority support). He knew the majority wanted to do the legal and ethical thing by settling. So he supported the reactionaries without risking an expensive and ultimately embarrassing court fight.

Its easy to vote for something popular even if it is illegal. It takes guts to vote for something unpopular.

THE TOWN NEEDS NEW LEADERSHIP SOMEONE WITH NEW IDEAS TO FIGHT THE ESTABLISHED NORMS. LETS NOT LOOK TO RECYCLE THOSE WHO HAD THEIR CHANCE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IT IS TIME FOR A NEW INDIVIDUAL WITHOUT PARTY TIES AND SELF SERVING INTERESTS. THE TOWN NEEDS TAX RELIEF NOW NOT A POLITICAL MACHINE TO PROMOTE A POLITICAL FUTURE AT TAX PAYER EXPENSE. GO TO COUNCIL MEETINGS, ASK QUESTIONS AND WATCH HOW THE COUNCIL OPERATES. BECOME EDUCATED IN THE PROCESS AND THEN YOU DECIDE THE TOWNS DIRECTION FOR THE FUTURE. YES IT TAKES EFFORT AND TIME, BUT ANYTHING WORTH SAVING IS WORTH THE EFFORT

THE TOWN NEEDS NEW LEADERSHIP SOMEONE WITH NEW IDEAS TO FIGHT THE ESTABLISHED NORMS. LETS NOT LOOK TO RECYCLE THOSE WHO HAD THEIR CHANCE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IT IS TIME FOR A NEW INDIVIDUAL WITHOUT PARTY TIES AND SELF SERVING INTERESTS. THE TOWN NEEDS TAX RELIEF NOW NOT A POLITICAL MACHINE TO PROMOTE A POLITICAL FUTURE AT TAX PAYER EXPENSE. GO TO COUNCIL MEETINGS, ASK QUESTIONS AND WATCH HOW THE COUNCIL OPERATES. BECOME EDUCATED IN THE PROCESS AND THEN YOU DECIDE THE TOWNS DIRECTION FOR THE FUTURE. YES IT TAKES EFFORT AND TIME, BUT ANYTHING WORTH SAVING IS WORTH THE EFFORT

Thats the problem they haven't been given a chance because this crew trys to distort their records and blames them for trying to make sense of an issue and the sad thing is the public buys into this nonsense. Talk about being SLICK!!

I told you a few posts back what you had to do which everyone ignored YOU NEED 3000 SIGNATURES OF KEARNY REGISTERED VOTERS ATTACHED TO YOUR PETITION FILED WITH THE TOWN CLERK! yes, I'm yelling. Why don't you get up and DO IT?

All you folks do is sit your lard butts in front of a computer and complain. Try a little social and political activity if you want something done. Nothing of substance has ever come from complaining... but that's what everyone here does best.

I'll lay odds that for all the crying and moaning that's going on here about taxes and how awful Kearny is that there is no petition ever and no one does anything ... you people are pathetic!

I told you a few posts back what you had to do which everyone ignored YOU NEED 3000 SIGNATURES OF KEARNY REGISTERED VOTERS ATTACHED TO YOUR PETITION FILED WITH THE TOWN CLERK! yes, I'm yelling. Why don't you get up and DO IT?

All you folks do is sit your lard butts in front of a computer and complain. Try a little social and political activity if you want something done. Nothing of substance has ever come from complaining... but that's what everyone here does best.

I'll lay odds that for all the crying and moaning that's going on here about taxes and how awful Kearny is that there is no petition ever and no one does anything ... you people are pathetic!

What about you?

Paul Castelli would be a starting point. Also John Pincho would be an excellent candidate along with James Mangin to name a few. Individuals with a vision for all Kearny Residents.

You guys really should quit pretending. It's obvious. It's dishonest. It's unbecoming.

You don't like Santos because he didn't side with Paszkiewicz and the school board. When he made a statement to that effect is when all this anti-Santos hubbub flared up. You've only latched onto taxes as a ruse. It's just a prop in your little play, pretending that you have some beef with Santos other than your own religious bigotry. But the reality is that if he had done what Castelli wanted, which is to not settle with the LaClairs, thus soaking the taxpayers for a shameful, years long, and ultimately futile legal battle, and if he'd wasted further millions of tax dollars on some other foolishness like putting a big Ten Commandments monolith in front of City Hall, or replacing all the town's non-religious or multi-religious holiday decorations with overtly and exclusively Christian ones, and fighting another expensive and futile legal battle over that, your taxes would be much higher than they are now. But you lot would be singing his praises and heading up the "re-elect Santos" campaign.

This is not about taxes. It's just a slander campaign driven by religiously motivated hatred.

You guys really should quit pretending. It's obvious. It's dishonest. It's unbecoming.

You don't like Santos because he didn't side with Paszkiewicz and the school board. When he made a statement to that effect is when all this anti-Santos hubbub flared up. You've only latched onto taxes as a ruse. It's just a prop in your little play, pretending that you have some beef with Santos other than your own religious bigotry. But the reality is that if he had done what Castelli wanted, which is to not settle with the LaClairs, thus soaking the taxpayers for a shameful, years long, and ultimately futile legal battle, and if he'd wasted further millions of tax dollars on some other foolishness like putting a big Ten Commandments monolith in front of City Hall, or replacing all the town's non-religious or multi-religious holiday decorations with overtly and exclusively Christian ones, and fighting another expensive and futile legal battle over that, your taxes would be much higher than they are now. But you lot would be singing his praises and heading up the "re-elect Santos" campaign.

This is not about taxes. It's just a slander campaign driven by religiously motivated hatred.

Looks to me like you are not a Kearny resident, or, you just like paying high taxes.

This was an issue spoken about on this site long before the Laclair family showed up here.

Man your a nut. Talk about spin, this entire topic has been ambushed. Listen, I am of no faith and believe in live and let live and that's it. No book no beads nothing. But what I do believe is my taxes are to high and Santos has done nothing about it.

Guest Guest_Tom Hakim_*

If do not like how the town is run Move Out And Post your Name you are afraid to put your name in print.You just a Big Mouth and Just Shut-Up and Leave the town. By the way how long have you lived in Kearny? Taxes is a way of life if do not like it Leave, we are not asking to stay move to Russia? you jerk-off. My name is Tom Hakim lived in Kearny for %0 years and i still love the Town, and miss the town and wish i could move back and start my live all over?

Guest 2smart4u

Reads like an episode of the Twilight Zone.

Guest Studies and Observations

Sorry but you couldnt be more Hopelessly Wrong, If you had been around here for a while you would KNOW that Santos has had his critics on this board for LONG before this Silliness with Laclaire and Paskewicz started..just because They've managed to hijack the entire board for the past year or so, doesnt mean Santos et al havent had their fierce critics for a number of years.

"Flared up" does not equal "began". I have not claimed that Santos was not criticized prior to his speaking about the Paszkiewicz/LaClair issue, and am somewhat dismayed (but not entirely surprised) that this needs to be explained. The increase in anti-Santos posts immediately following his comments on the Paszkiewicz/LaClair issue is plainly visible just by looking at posts just before and just after that time. Though taxes continued to be the primary complaint, it was obvious what roiled them.

As for property taxes in Kearny, it is way out of line compared to most other towns in the country. But it is inside the range for towns in NJ, which happens to be notorious for having extremely high and unevenly distributed property taxes. This is a problem with causes that extend outside of Kearny. Aiming all your anger and effort at Santos will not solve it.

All this would take is 3 or 4 highly motivated individuals to get this movement off the ground. Once they lead the charge you can count on many residents to follow. " Imagine Change"

Can you register so we can communicate and get this going?

You don't need a reason. You need around 3000 signatures of Kearny REGISTERED VOTERS in order to put a recall on the ballot. You can bet that the signatures will be examined very closely so they'd better be legit voters. Then it has to be approved by the voters as a public question in a townwide election.

Without a massive organization and effort, it won't happen.

So, it won't happen. But you can have fun talking about it. ;)

It looks like you know what to do, can we count on you?

Register yourself so we can communicate and get this going. What about that?

Thank you for your input.

Man your a nut. Talk about spin, this entire topic has been ambushed. Listen, I am of no faith and believe in live and let live and that's it. No book no beads nothing. But what I do believe is my taxes are to high and Santos has done nothing about it.

But you can admit that since Santos made his statement on the Paszkiewicz issue, there was a sudden 'burst' of anti-Santos sentiment on this forum, right? I don't doubt he's been criticized before, but from the time I started posting here (which was a significant amount of time before Santos made the statement), I have definitely noticed a seemingly-retaliatory rash of anti-Santos topics and posts.

So I'd say William makes half of a good point with that post--certainly nothing I'd call him a "nut" for.

It looks like you know what to do, can we count on you?

Register yourself so we can communicate and get this going. What about that?

Thank you for your input.

Juliana

You seem to be interested in this effort. Do you have others that may be interested in taking part in making change in Kearny.

"Flared up" does not equal "began". I have not claimed that Santos was not criticized prior to his speaking about the Paszkiewicz/LaClair issue, and am somewhat dismayed (but not entirely surprised) that this needs to be explained. The increase in anti-Santos posts immediately following his comments on the Paszkiewicz/LaClair issue is plainly visible just by looking at posts just before and just after that time. Though taxes continued to be the primary complaint, it was obvious what roiled them.

As for property taxes in Kearny, it is way out of line compared to most other towns in the country. But it is inside the range for towns in NJ, which happens to be notorious for having extremely high and unevenly distributed property taxes. This is a problem with causes that extend outside of Kearny. Aiming all your anger and effort at Santos will not solve it.

It's a start. Keep in mind while he is busy padding his own nest (where ever that may be?) He could be working with other Mayors and truely concerned council people to lobby Trenton and their party members to control spending. At least it would be good for photo ops and great copy.

What about you?

Taxes have been going up for 100 years in Kearny. I'm not interested in taking out Santos. He's no worse than any other Mayor we've ever had.

My only point is that it is nearly impossible to remove him. You would need an army of people just to get the signatures. You would then have to organize for a referendum election. If you were successful at those efforts, you would then have to go up against seasoned politicians to get your guy, whoever he/she would be, elected.

People who could do all thet don't post here, they have better things to do.

I don't think you could even get the signatures because there are not enough people who agree with you.

Every single year this Mayor has been in office TAXES have gone up and up and up, When is this Town going to wake up and throw this guy out???  Start a petition drive now to recall MAYOR SANTOS    Enough is Enough!!!!!!!!!

Anyone capable of getting themselves elected as Mayor of Kearny should - under no circumstances - be allowed to do the job.

To those who say that taxes are going up everywhere, a friend of mine from a very nice town in Middlesex county actually had his homeowners' taxes DECREASE last year. Why? Good town planning. So the argument that taxes are going up EVERYWHERE does not hold water. Unfortunately, taxes are only going up EVERYWHERE that there is bad town planning.

I'm not laying it at Santos' feet - we've had a string of mayors mess up the place, and each one has had to perform triage on what the previous mayor has done. However, at a certain point I would like someone who is capable of going to the county and state and pushing back a little. Between dumps, prisons, and the amount of industry in South Kearny, the town's tax bite should be but a nibble.

Guest Senior Citizen
Taxes have been going up for 100 years in Kearny. I'm not interested in taking out Santos. He's no worse than any other Mayor we've ever had.

My only point is that it is nearly impossible to remove him. You would need an army of people just to get the signatures. You would then have to organize for a referendum election. If you were successful at those efforts, you would then have to go up against seasoned politicians to get your guy, whoever he/she would be,  elected.

People who could do all thet don't post here, they have better things to do.

I don't think you could even get the signatures because there are not enough people who agree with you.

I