Mayor Santos running out of excuses?

Guest Town Watch

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LBJohnson
I wish this person would ID themselves for I think the Mayor, his private eye and lawyer friends think its me and they are screwing me with no Birthday card or Valentine's day card and my ass hurts . So ID yourself! PS, When is the Mayors term up?[/b]

All of you need to get a grip back on this Town... The biggest reason for the headaches is the BA ... This Town does not and will never need another one... i cant wait to retire and leave what used to be a great town...yes the past Mayor and councils had their problems but they were held accountable come election time. .. i have voted every year since 1980 and it is pitiful to see them run unapposed ... they just blame the BA (who costs this town a lot more then he saves) by having someone that they appoint with astronomical contract costs, they dont have to worry because noone catches on or pays attention. There are plenty of good people left who in their part time can help run this town. Get Rid of the Old , Get rid of the BA, Get out and Vote and tell them whos is right. 15 people at a Town meeting regularly is a Joke. Make them Pay for what they have done....

By the way do any of you really know how many Lawyers are on the Town payroll in an average month.

THINK , OPEN YOUR EYES , and ASK QUESTIONS. Hold tehm responsible for your rising Taxes and Deminished Services.

Just Look at the streets from this storm. The BA would not pay to have them cleared.. I called the town hall to complain.. his excuse was not enough people on.

All of you need to get a grip back on this Town... The biggest reason for the headaches is the BA ... This Town does not and will never need another one... i cant wait to retire and leave what used to be a great town...yes the past Mayor and councils had their problems but they were held accountable come election time. .. i have voted every year since 1980 and it is pitiful to see them run unapposed ... they just blame the BA (who costs this town a lot more then he saves) by having someone that they appoint with astronomical contract costs, they dont have to worry because noone catches on or pays attention. There are plenty of good people left who in their part time can help run this town. Get Rid of the Old , Get rid of the BA, Get out and Vote and tell them whos is right. 15 people at a Town meeting regularly is a Joke. Make them Pay for what they have done....

By the way do any of you really know how many Lawyers are on the Town payroll in an average month.

THINK , OPEN YOUR EYES , and ASK QUESTIONS. Hold tehm responsible for your rising Taxes and Deminished Services.

Just Look at the streets from this storm. The BA would not pay to have them cleared.. I called the town hall to complain.. his excuse was not enough people on.

No, I don't know how many lawyers are on the town payroll every month, or what their bills are for. I doubt that you do either. If you do, don't keep it a secret. Tell us, and back up your data with a reliable and verifiable source.

• 2 months later...
Guest 4th Ward Veteran
Please will somebody get this ball rolling so people in the masses can get behind this effort to rid this town of a Mayor that certainly isn't looking out for the common peoples best interests. The issue is TAXES,TAXES,TAXES, Wake up Kearny and together we can throw this bum out.

Mayor Leadbeater has a nice ring to it. Go get him John!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Time for Change
Taxes are up, More houses for sale, Standard of living down, Mayor Santos county job making $80.000 plus, PRICELESS.

Time for this self interest Mayor to GO!!!!! John Leadbeater For Mayor of Kearny!!!!!!

• 5 months later...
Every single year this Mayor has been in office TAXES have gone up and up and up, When is this Town going to wake up and throw this guy out??? Start a petition drive now to recall MAYOR SANTOS Enough is Enough!!!!!!!!!

No need for a recall; rally the people together and collectively Vote Against Santos (VAS) in the November election. If enough is enough, then take no more - VAS!

• 10 months later...
Guest Town Watch
Every single year this Mayor has been in office TAXES have gone up and up and up, When is this Town going to wake up and throw this guy out??? Start a petition drive now to recall MAYOR SANTOS Enough is Enough!!!!!!!!!

Town services down, Property Taxes up again. Mayor Santos in to long its time for him to resign.

Guest Enough Already
Town services down, Property Taxes up again. Mayor Santos in to long its time for him to resign.

When you vote in november, write in your vote for John Leadbeater for MAYOR. Anyone interested in running for council seats that you know, do a write in for them. Let`s show this MAYOR and Councilmen/women that enough is enough. They have done nothing for the Town except RAISE TAXES so they could pay their LAWYER FRIENDS BIG MONEY. By the way next time you see the Mayor or a Council Person ask them what is beening done to bring Industry back to SOUTH KEARNY.

Guest Studies and Observations
When you vote in november, write in your vote for John Leadbeater for MAYOR. Anyone interested in running for council seats that you know, do a write in for them. Let`s show this MAYOR and Councilmen/women that enough is enough. They have done nothing for the Town except RAISE TAXES so they could pay their LAWYER FRIENDS BIG MONEY. By the way next time you see the Mayor or a Council Person ask them what is beening done to bring Industry back to SOUTH KEARNY.

Ohhhkayy Devil's Advocate here...As much as Santos has his problems..lets NOT forget that the last time John Leadbeater was involved in this town's politics, THAT Administration cut Police and Fire manning and equipment back to levels thay had not been at in Decades, and it took the better part of 5 years to get them back up to the Pre-Vartan levels again. You have Legitimate concerns with the Attorney situation, and VERY Legitimate concerns with South Kearny..but again John didnt do Diddley about that when he was on the Council either. I'm no Fan of Sanots, but i'm also no Friend of Leadbeater's either...We need another soulution, and frankly i dont kow what it is.

Guest Enough Already
Ohhhkayy Devil's Advocate here...As much as Santos has his problems..lets NOT forget that the last time John Leadbeater was involved in this town's politics, THAT Administration cut Police and Fire manning and equipment back to levels thay had not been at in Decades, and it took the better part of 5 years to get them back up to the Pre-Vartan levels again. You have Legitimate concerns with the Attorney situation, and VERY Legitimate concerns with South Kearny..but again John didnt do Diddley about that when he was on the Council either. I'm no Fan of Sanots, but i'm also no Friend of Leadbeater's either...We need another soulution, and frankly i dont kow what it is.

You said it yourself,TIME FOR CHANGE. If Leadbeater does nothing He`s voted out. Another problem is no one attends council meetings. We let them do as they please. SOUTH KEARNY is a ghost town,we need to bring Industry back into that area. Instead of laying off 5 Police Officers/5 Firemen ( that the Town of Kearny paid to send to the Police and Fire Academy`s for training and certification) let`s cut some Attorneys, more office personel,DPW workers.

Guest Studies and Observations
You said it yourself,TIME FOR CHANGE. If Leadbeater does nothing He`s voted out. Another problem is no one attends council meetings. We let them do as they please. SOUTH KEARNY is a ghost town,we need to bring Industry back into that area. Instead of laying off 5 Police Officers/5 Firemen ( that the Town of Kearny paid to send to the Police and Fire Academy`s for training and certification) let`s cut some Attorneys, more office personel,DPW workers.

You wont see me disagreeing...HOWEVER..again What did John do LAST time he was in to bring South Kearny around..other then push to allow the Sex Offenders, and halfway house down there. Let's see you toss out some Ideas. Simple fact is that for decades South Kearny has been treated like the Red-Headed Stepchild in this town. The roads are Washboards, and the town doesnt do anything about it until they get sued....and again, things didnt change under Vartan..when John actually DID have influence. I also remember John's tantrum after he got voted out up at Roosevelt School. Sorry but i'll sit this one out if the only choice against Santos is John. He's a nice enough guy, but he doesnt belong in Government IMO.