Santos we have questions

Guest taxpaper

Leo never sold the water Dept. And some day the town will wish he did! This was the lie that gave us the council we now have. At least Leo lowered Taxes. the same crew leo chased out are back in power.

Leo did not lower taxes. He DELAYED them by not paying bills in a timely manner. Also, not one person on this council was elected before Leo, therefore he never chased any of them out. If anything, they chased him out. And then the fit hit the shan for Leo.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darla Hood
How about if we keep blaming ex Mayor Leo Vartan???Remember???That was the BIG strategic slogan for the longest time. I GUESS WE WORE THAT ONE OUT. I was one of the MANY Kearny citizens  who use to believe that LIE also. The Facts are THE BRUTTAL FACTS and they speak for themselves...ALSO MY PUBLIC APOLOGIES TO LEO VARTAN FOR HAVING BEEN INFLUENCED BY MAYOR SANTOS AND MARY TORRES TO BELEIVE THOSE LIES!!!!

OMG! A public apology to Leo Vartan from Bert Diaz? You really are "whichever way the wind blows" kind of guy, aren't you? One thing is for sure, you are certainly a completely shallow individual who will throw anybody under the bus for your own purposes. Maybe you and Billy Campbell can run for school board on a ticket TOGETHER. Whadda ya think? I can just envision the perfect slogan - Vote the "RAT" ticket.

OMG!  A public apology to Leo Vartan from Bert Diaz?  You really are "whichever way the wind blows" kind of guy, aren't you?  One thing is for sure, you are certainly a completely shallow individual who will throw anybody under the bus for your own purposes.  Maybe you and Billy Campbell can run for school board on a ticket TOGETHER.  Whadda ya think?   I can just envision the perfect slogan - Vote the "RAT" ticket.

Wow..i guess Leo's Indictment and conviction were all just more Santosian plots as well?? IF this poster is in fact Bert Diaz, then he needs some professional help..and frankly shouldnt be allowed near ******* until he gets it.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

At least now we know how Santos secured his job for the county.

I cannot believe the people of Kearny are allowing the Mayor and Council to reopen the landfill.

me either. who are the parties mr. mangin is referring to that should be doing this?

• 10 years later...
Guest Keegan
On 10/7/2005 at 11:17 PM, Jim Mangin said:

Did anyone else notice that as soon as the NJ Meadowlands Commission got their hands on a signed agreement from the Town of Kearny to re-open Keegan, they announced that the golf course will not be built in Kearny.

The NJMC admits to being responsible for cleaning this landfill. Why won't they admit responsibility for cleaning Keegan as well? (And I mean cleaning it without re-opening it). The NJMC is just one of three "responsible parties" who should have to pay to properly close Keegan without subjecting the people of Kearny to another open landfill.

I've said it before - worst policy decision in Kearny in the last 30 years. It even makes the water deal look good by comparison.

Jim Mangin

Look at the Observer article in tomorrows August 3, 2016 Observer and read the above post from 2005.  Some 11 years later, Kearny gets stuck with garbage as predicted by the former Councilman.  Mayor Santos and his counsel didn't bother to put in the contract per the Judge

Guest Guest Time 4 a Change

I think its time for a change!  Mayor Santos & his administration need to go!  

Property taxes has increased every year. Our school system is failing! 

But why would the Mayor care....He has two full-time jobs..Time for him to quit the county job and focus on Kearny!

• 2 years later...
Guest The Silent Majority
On 10/3/2005 at 9:19 PM, Guest BERT DIAZ PUBLIC SCHOOL PRINCIPA said:
THE SILENT MAJORITY said:

ANSWER THE TOWNSPEOPLE MAYOR SANTOS!!!!! WHAT ABOUT OUR PROPERTY TAXES!!!!! WHY ARE THEY SO HIGH!!!!!!!

[/quote Mayor Santos and his assistant, Mary Torres, 21 year Kearny Board of Education member, will NOT answer because they can NOT blame ex Mayor, Leo Vartan any more THE JIG IS UP!!!!!FACTS, REALITY DATA,INFORMATION and EVIDENCE all point to POOR FISCAL MANAGEMENT( Mr. Jim Mangin was right) UNSATISFACTORY PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION, STAFFING BASED ON NEOPOTISM, DEFECTIVE REPORTING and INADEQUATE BUDGETING. That is the truth and they will continue to blame Leo Vartan. Mayor Santos and his assistant, Mary Torres MUST AND WILL GO!!!!!!!.

Look at the minutes and you will see that this double talking Mayor Santos caused this problem in the first place. And the residents of Kearny have been paying for it ever since.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Kearny Senior
19 hours ago, Guest Kevin said:

Mayor Santos has to go........

Barney,  You should stick with one name. Give it up.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Watch this move
On May 5, 2019 at 9:01 AM, Guest The Silent Majority said:

Look at the minutes and you will see that this double talking Mayor Santos caused this problem in the first place. And the residents of Kearny have been paying for it ever since.

The BOE has quietly took one of their snakes back into the pit ! Mary Torres is back on as Jim Doran steps down. Doran steps down as usual to cash in for his self serving appetite, no pun intended !! He is being hired for an administrators position ! Taxpayers just keep filling their pockets.