Peter Higins Called a Liar

Guest PVSCC

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 2smart4u
Unfortunately, the current administration has been lying to the people of Harrison for far too long.  However, it seems that these same people that constantly complain about them still vote them in.  HARRISONIANS IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE, give the opposition a chance and if they don't work out they can be voted out in 4 years.  Something needs to be done before the current administration bankrupts this town.

At the town meeting on Tuesday night it was sad to see that no one on the town council had any feelings or responses for the town people who are being displaced due to the so called redevelopment.

Only we the voters can change the current situation so please make sure to come out and vote and let's try to make Harrison a better place before it's to late.

The problem is that the Zombies outnumber the normal people in Harrison.

well if we had a better to choice to pick from I would change my vote, but I have to vote for the current or Millian I will keep what we already have.

Unfortunately, the current administration has been lying to the people of Harrison for far too long.  However, it seems that these same people that constantly complain about them still vote them in.  HARRISONIANS IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE, give the opposition a chance and if they don't work out they can be voted out in 4 years.  Something needs to be done before the current administration bankrupts this town.

At the town meeting on Tuesday night it was sad to see that no one on the town council had any feelings or responses for the town people who are being displaced due to the so called redevelopment.

Only we the voters can change the current situation so please make sure to come out and vote and let's try to make Harrison a better place before it's to late.

The people being displaced should have showed up at the 1998 public meetings of the Council and Planning Board to speak against the redevelopment. This was thr proper time, and that ship has sailed! These meetings were publically advertised. Where were you then Mike??

PETER HIGINS IS A LIAR, HE COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE PEOPLE IN HARRISON. PETER I SUGGEST YOU SPEND YOUR OWN MONEY NOT OURS. YOUR WHOLE FAMILY IS TAKEN CARE OF, WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT. YOUR *** ******** **** ******* *** ******* ***** FROM THESE DEVELOPERS, REAP THE BENEFITS THAT IS ALL YOU WANT. AND STOP DOUBLE DIPPING YOU THIEF

Easy IDIOT !!!
An idiot, your the one showing your ignorance. Name calling? Stop believing the lies.
Square footage dictates assessment.

New 2 family construction, three floors, 1200 sq. ft. per floor times three equals 3600 sq. feet which comes to $12,000 a year in taxes.

Two new condo's 1200 sq. feet each equals 2400 sq. feet and taxes are $14,800.

2 Family $3.33 taxes/ sq. ft.

2 Condo's $6.16 taxes/sq. ft.

Taxes are not based on sq feet They are based on assessed value. 101 taxation

Did anyone take notice that Mr. Millan stated that this practice of low income housing would bring undesirable low income tenants to our town, does this sound like discrimination or what ? I guess they are not "his people".

The people being displaced should have showed up at the 1998 public meetings of the Council and Planning Board to speak against the redevelopment. This was thr proper time, and that ship has sailed! These meetings were publically advertised. Where were you then Mike??

WHEN AND WHERE WERE THESE MEETING ADVERTIZED, THESE SHOULD BE POSTED ON THE COMMUNITY CENTER SO THAT THE COMMUNITY KNOWS ABOUT IT. ISENT THAT WHAT A COMMUNITY CENTER IS FOR. NEITHER I NOR ANY OF MY NEIGHBORS KNEW ABOUT THE SHIT THAT IS GOING ON NOW, I LIVE IN THE 3RD. WARD AND BEEN HERE FOR OVER 32 YEARS. NEVER HEARD AND I NEVER HEAR ABOUT ANYTHING, DON'T WE HAVE CHANNEL 35 TO POST MEETINGS ON ALSO? WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH LETTING PEOPLE KNOW?

Easy IDIOT !!!  Square footage dictates assessment. 

New 2 family construction, three floors, 1200 sq. ft. per floor times three equals 3600 sq. feet which comes to $12,000 a year in taxes. 

Two new condo's 1200 sq. feet each equals 2400 sq. feet and taxes are $14,800. 

2 Family  $3.33 taxes/ sq. ft.

2 Condo's $6.16 taxes/sq. ft.

Stevie boy can you do the math???  Not in your head.

first of all A-hole, taxes are not based on square footage they are based on assessed value of you property. You obviously work for the town and do your math on spending our (taxpayers) money, you must also be a double dipper a-hole. LEARN ALREADY YOUR ASS SHOULD KNOW THIS SHIT

An idiot, your the one showing your ignorance.  Name calling?  Stop believing the lies.Taxes are not based on sq feet They are based on assessed value.  101 taxation

I have never heared Peter Higgans praised for his truthfulness. If you know of his past you wpould not trust him in the future.

All, the town council know him for what he is.

Harrison Man

Guest BlueTideBacker

"Publicly advertised" ?? Yeah, right. Advertised in some obscure rag. A calculated ploy, typical of the way Harrison follows the letter of the law and yet allows the town to keep their dealings secret. If the town really wanted the town residents to be informed, they would advertise in the Jersey Journal.

Guest 2smart4u
The Mayor and Council didn't even have the respect to look at those speaking.

Disgraceful.

Harrison council meetings are no different than meetings you'd find in third world countries. Meeting times and dates are changed without adequate notice, residents can't speak their minds on issues concerning their town, spending plans are not subject to voter referendums, and as you say, the mayor and council will ignore anyone who disagrees with them. Kind of reminds me of that African dictator Ide Amin and his lieutenants.

Guest 2smart4u
An idiot, your the one showing your ignorance.  Name calling?  Stop believing the lies.Taxes are not based on sq feet They are based on assessed value.  101 taxation

Can anyone be so stupid as to believe property taxes are based on square feet ?? Must be one of those Zombies.

the Board of Education should be an elected board
The fact that they are located in an unprotected flood zone,does it affect assessing value of a property?

well if we had a better to choice to pick from I would change my vote, but I have to vote for the current or Millian I will keep what we already have.

If you keep what we have you will be putting up your "FOR SALE" sign shortly.

Guest Guest_Guests_*

I'll bet in 1998 Mike, like most Harrison residents believed that our elected officials had the best interests of Harrison's residents at heart when they developed this plan. It is only now that the plan is unfolding that we can see who's interest they had in mind when all of the planning was done. Only now can we see the lack of recreational facilities, the overcrowding, the shortage of infer structure, the traffic burden, and many more problems associated with overcrowding.

1998 no one foresaw the Red Bull debacle our town has engaged in.

Those residents who foresaw all of this, have fled our town since 1998..

Guest Guest in the know
If you keep what we have you will be putting up your "FOR SALE" sign shortly.

Yes, some will because our property will be worth more, much more than it already is! The Mayor and Council have done a GREAT JOB of keeping our property values up and they will only increase with the Redevelopment!

Yes, some will because our property will be worth more, much more than it already is! The Mayor and Council have done a GREAT JOB of keeping our property values up and they will only increase with the Redevelopment!

The Mayor and Council have nothing to do with the property values going up. Look around you, every town's property values went up. It's called an up market. The Mayor and Council are doing a POOR JOB of managing our taxpayer dollars. They just borrowed 40 million dollars to give to the Billionaire owners of the Red Bulls. The MetroStar's owner Anschutz made money off the Harrison taxpayers when he sold the MetroStars. They are tearing down an historic building which should be used a Fanueil Hall and Quincy Market type building like in Boston, MA. Instead they are tearing down the building to put up parking. Does the DEP do any work? The builders have placed their trailers on contaminated land by the Passaic River. Workers beware. Your sitting on buried chemicals used on the Guyon Site. Why is this allowed to continue?

Guest BlueTideBacker

Spoken like a true Zombie, ****** ***

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Gee, I thought the increase in real estate values was a national phenomenon. I guess the Mayor and Council should be given credit for that also. You must be one big jerk to try to convince us the only place property values are up is in Harrison, and the people responsible are the Mayor and Council.

Taxes are not based on sq feet They are based on assessed value. 101 taxation

What do you think the assessed value is based on????? Millan's ego?? If the later is the case, then the financial requirements of our Town would be met for the next millenium.

Go RAY and current Town Council!!!!

Gee, I thought the increase in real estate values was a national phenomenon.  I guess the Mayor and Council should be given credit for that also.  You must be one big jerk to try to convince us the only place property values are up is in Harrison, and the people responsible are the Mayor and Council.

Harrison land values have appreciated more than the national average, the Mayor and Council must be doing something right. All our stores are occupied, the same can't be said for many surronding towns! The Redevelopment will prove to be the best thing this town could ever hope for, you'll see!

Guest BlueTideBacker
Harrison land values have appreciated more than the national average, the Mayor and Council must be doing something right. All our stores are occupied, the same can't be said for many surronding towns! The Redevelopment will prove to be the best thing this town could ever hope for, you'll see!

What would a Zombie know about national land values, what a joke. Stick with what you know best, flipping burgers.

All our stores are occupied? I counted eight empty stores and one vacant lot just on Harrison Avenue.

Archived