Peter Higins Called a Liar

Guest PVSCC

Guest PVSCC

Wow, this whole Re-development should be put on hold until a new board is made.

Reason:

The Chairman for the Re-Development, Peter Higins, who is supposed to represent the town, for its best interest, has gone to the State and LIED.

I ask "WHO'S BEST INTEREST IS HE AFTER?"

"Who's best interest is the board looking out for??"

and the rest of the committee allowed this to happen?????

including the Mayor, Comprelli...... Who else is on that board???

Maybe the coalition of people fighting this should be heard!!

It seems like they might really have a case.

VOICE YOUR OPINION.

Contact your Local and State politicians. NOW!!!! Before it's to late.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Ask Peter who he was representing when he went down to the State. He should say, the liquor license holders of the town of Harrison. You can hear his testimony on-line. On their be-half he said no one wanted to sell any of the 45 licenses and that they had no problem issuing more.

He had contacted no one on the issue and lied when he said he did.

He says they don't have a problem with issuing new licenses.

-If you had one, and they were selling for about 100,000$ and it cost you $600 a year to re-new, would you have a problem if they issued new ones for $200 a year??

This Peter Higgins has a pair of B@lls to say he represents us in our best intrest and has contacted us on the issue and we have no problems.

Guest Jim Bud Beam Walker
Ask Peter who he was representing when he went down to the State.  He should say, the liquor license holders of the town of Harrison.  You can hear his testimony on-line.  On their be-half he said no one wanted to sell any of the 45 licenses and that they had no problem issuing more.

He had contacted no one on the issue and lied when he said he did. 

He says they don't have a problem with issuing new licenses.

-If you had one, and they were selling for about 100,000$ and it cost you $600 a year to re-new, would you have a problem if they issued new ones for $200 a year??

This Peter Higgins has a pair of B@lls to say he represents us in our best intrest and has contacted us on the issue and we have no problems.

By the time he covered it in paperwork how much do you think the MetroStars would be paying for it--or TGIF or Outback or any other chain that moves in for PILOTS(remember that word folks)? Half a mill--1million--can't have a stadium without a liqour consession--and the best part is it would have undoubtedly ended up in someone elses name--to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest-- :blink::lol::lol::lol::blink:

Guest Disgrace

I for one think it's a disgrace how greedy the license holders are, holding on to the license in hopes of selling it for $100,000. I think the town of Harrison should issue more licenes just to kick the greedy people in the ass. Then again, the majority of the holders are all connected in one way or another.

Guest Guest

The State of New Jersey Allows 1 Liquor License for every 3,000 people. That would give the town of Harrison 5, it has 45.

Some towns have liquor licenses for over $300,000.

Thats supply and demand.

A Hotel can get one easy.

A stadium gets a concesion stand License through Aramark. The town doesn't have to issue one for a stadium that will never come.

Guest Guest

I think Peter Should Step down as Chairman of the re-development. Since 1997 nothing has been done. He's shown poor representation of the businesses of this town and its residence. It has only cost us tax payers money and I wonder who has been making this money. Those positions on the board should have terms to help prevent corruption like this.

JR

Read the article: http://www.theobserver.com/currentissue/bar.shtml

Hear the testamony on minute 5:30 at : http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/media/archive...RP&SESSION=2004

(MAY 12)

Peter B. Higgins, who has served as Chairman of the Harrison Redevelopment Agency since its inception in 1999, testified on May 12 before the Assembly Regulated Professions and Independent Authorities Committee of the New Jersey Legislature that the development officials had already asked current license holders in town if they were willing to sell.  According to his testimony, there were not enough interested parties, leaving their only option to be through the ABC and through the amendment of the bill. 

Thats the lie, No one was approached.

Oscar Cacoilo, owner of Metro Lounge on South 2nd Street, is one of the petition’s supporters.

“I’m against it.  They did nothing to follow it up,” said Cacoilo, adding that he would have considered selling his license and/or property if he had been approached by the developers. 

“The liquor licensees should have been notified,” McCormick said.  “It’s only 45 people.  It shouldn’t have been a big deal to send certified letters to each.” 

Fernandez is now a board member on the NJRA, and is doing all he can to stop this bill from being passed. 

:lol::P:P:P:DB)

STOP TRYING TO DEFEND THIS $HIT

TP

Guest Guest

Who can we write to make sure that Peter Higgins does not sell us up the river? According to a document which was published in April 2004, the Harrison Redevelopment Agency was illegally formed and nothing has happened to the Agency. Higgins has some balls going down to the State and misrepresenting facts but he is used to getting away with it. Castano the towns attorney also misrepresented facts according to the document published in April 2004.

Guest One Who Knows!

Peter Higgins is not a liar. He was held in esteem by Frank Rodgers. Raymond McDonough and his counsel still hold him in high esteem. He served Harrison in many positions for many years.

Guest One who knows more
Peter Higgins is not a liar. He was held in esteem by Frank Rodgers. Raymond McDonough and his counsel still hold him in high esteem. He served Harrison in many positions for many years.

Thank you Mrs. Higgins

Guest One Who Knows
Thank you Mrs. Higgins

You're wrong about my relationship with Peter.

You people can only see the obvious. Here is a man who ran the School board,Fire Department, repaired schools and is now in the process of building a new high school. Show me another in this town who has done so much. Let's not get into his families history here. Liar, I don't think so.

Guest Guest
I can care less then
You people can only see the obvious.
Damn right, He's a liar out for his own good and thats why he lost his seat.
Here is a man who ran the School board,Fire Department, repaired schools
He's lucky those are appointed seats
and is now in the process of building a new high school.
ON CONTAMINATED LAND. GIVE ME A FU**IN BREAK. The Land is contaminated and was stopped 5 times. If the kids have no where to play ball next year. He put money, from a developer before the town and it's kids>>>>>>>>>>>>>. ENOUGH SAID :o:oB)B):oB):o:huh:B):(
Show me another in this town who has done so much. Let's not get into his families history here. Liar, I don't think so.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Town Resident

You people can only see the obvious. Here is a man who ran the School board,Fire Department, repaired schools and is now in the process of building a new high school. Show me another in this town who has done so much. Let's not get into his families history here. Liar, I don't think so.

Ran the Fire Department ?? Are you on drugs ??

Guest Guest

Pete is also a good envelope collector. He is so used to making it up and not being called out on it that he figured that he could get away with in the State. Is anyone from the Attorney General's office going to investigate Pete's lies? Is the Department of Community Affairs going to shut down the Redevelopment Agency because its completely illegal? No. Despite what Governor Codey says our government in New Jersey is totally corrupt. Conflicts of interest exist from Goldberg who is a partner of Roseland Properties and the Chairman of the New Jersey Sports Authority. Who just happens to be building a Soccer stadium in the same redevelopment zone and now expanding its power to issue $200 liquor licenses. Goldberg is as corrupt as the rest of them, so much for his great reputation. We have Albio Sires sponsoring a bill that he previously stated made no financial sense. We have a Governor who says stop the corruption but continues to support it by having an Attorney General who opposes the release of recordings of Norcross which now show how corrupt our government is. What exists in Monmouth County is only the tip of the iceberg, Hudson county is the motherload. The FBI building overlooks the redevelopment zone in Harrison. It's time the federal government come down from their offices and shut these guys down. God knows our Attorney General won't do it, he is too busy trying to stop the Norcross tapes from being released.

Guest Town Resident
Pete is also a good envelope collector. He is so used to making it up and not being called out on it that he figured that he could get away with in the State.  Is anyone from the Attorney General's office going to investigate Pete's lies?  Is the Department of Community Affairs going to shut down the Redevelopment Agency because its completely illegal?  No.  Despite what Governor Codey says our government in New Jersey is totally corrupt.  Conflicts of interest exist from Goldberg who is a partner of Roseland Properties and the Chairman of the New Jersey Sports Authority.  Who just happens to be building a Soccer stadium in the same redevelopment zone and now expanding its power to issue $200 liquor licenses.  Goldberg is as corrupt as the rest of them, so much for his great reputation.  We have Albio Sires sponsoring a bill that he previously stated made no financial sense.  We have a Governor who says stop the corruption but continues to support it by having an Attorney General who opposes the release of recordings of Norcross which now show how corrupt our government is.  What exists in Monmouth County is only the tip of the iceberg, Hudson county is the motherload.  The FBI building overlooks the redevelopment zone in Harrison.  It's time the federal government come down from their offices and shut these guys down.  God knows our Attorney General won't do it, he is too busy trying to stop the Norcross tapes from being released.

Is this the same guy that was part of the decision to bring 7,000 new housing units to Harrison ?? I believe that decision will prove to be the worst decision ever made in the history of the town. Our schools are going to be swamped with the 14,000 new kids that will be coming out of all these homes. Our schools can't handle these kids, and there is nowhere to build new schools. Does anyone think their taxes will go down because of the taxes these homes will bring in ?? Forget it !! You're going to see such an increase in your school taxes it's going to make your head spin. And that's not even considering the other increased costs associated with all these new homes: police, fire, sanitation, sewage, etc, etc. You think parking and traffic is bad in town now ?? Just wait and see what another 14, 000 additional cars look like on our streets ( average of 2 cars per new house). Yes folks, our town leaders are taking good care of us.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest not a resident

The public is finally speaking out against the atrocities that this arrogant creep has committed for years. He has taken the people of Harrison for a ride financially and is now at the point of outright criminal behavior considering his pension and his salary as part of the redevelopment team. As a former resident, I just can't believe the things I see when I go back and the utter mismanagement of the future of the town. One can only wonder if these "redevelopers" will just take the money and run for the hills when all of their promises never come true. The hotel is the only new thing I have seen and it almost looks like the Lincoln Motel of East Newark. Wake up Peter and smell your coffee burning. The past is this close to catching up on you. The deals you dealt and the antics you pulled on people who bailed you out time and again will haunt you sooner than you think. You really are not that smart and you won't get away with it this time. You should be ashamed of what you have done to everyone you have come in contact with. Your luck's finally running out, and we will all sit back and watch you squirm with pleasure paybacks are tough.

Guest Mr. Diggler
The public is finally speaking out against the atrocities that this arrogant creep has committed for years. He has taken the people of Harrison for a ride financially and is now at the point of outright criminal behavior considering his pension and his salary as part of the redevelopment team. As a former resident, I just can't believe the things I see when I go back and the utter mismanagement of the future of the town. One can only wonder if these "redevelopers" will just take the money and run for the hills when all of their promises never come true. The hotel is the only new thing I have seen and it almost looks like the Lincoln Motel of East Newark. Wake up Peter and smell your coffee burning. The past is this close to catching up on you. The deals you dealt and the antics you pulled on people who bailed you out time and again will haunt you sooner than you think. You really are not that smart and you won't get away with it this time. You should be ashamed of what you have done to everyone you have come in contact with. Your luck's finally running out, and we will all sit back and watch you squirm with pleasure paybacks are tough.
It will never happen unless we VOTE IN A WHOLE NEW SLATE, 1MAYOR AND 4 COUNCIL MEMBERS JUNE 2006Pick a candidate and help him. Call on someone you think can make a change and help him or her, EVEN IF IT IS BEHIND THE SCENES

• 1 year later...
Guest He lied again tuesday at town me

Everything that came out of his mouth was a lie. HOW THE HELL CAN HE SAY THESE CONDO UNITS WILL BE PAYING DOUBLE WHAT THE AVERAGE PROPERTY HOME OWNER

Guest URANASS

Easy IDIOT !!! Square footage dictates assessment.

New 2 family construction, three floors, 1200 sq. ft. per floor times three equals 3600 sq. feet which comes to $12,000 a year in taxes.

Two new condo's 1200 sq. feet each equals 2400 sq. feet and taxes are $14,800.

2 Family $3.33 taxes/ sq. ft.

2 Condo's $6.16 taxes/sq. ft.

Stevie boy can you do the math??? Not in your head.

Everything that came out of his mouth was a lie.  HOW THE HELL CAN HE SAY THESE CONDO UNITS WILL BE PAYING DOUBLE WHAT THE AVERAGE PROPERTY HOME OWNER

Unfortunately, the current administration has been lying to the people of Harrison for far too long. However, it seems that these same people that constantly complain about them still vote them in. HARRISONIANS IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE, give the opposition a chance and if they don't work out they can be voted out in 4 years. Something needs to be done before the current administration bankrupts this town.

At the town meeting on Tuesday night it was sad to see that no one on the town council had any feelings or responses for the town people who are being displaced due to the so called redevelopment.

Only we the voters can change the current situation so please make sure to come out and vote and let's try to make Harrison a better place before it's to late.

Archived