D'arco Gets New Contract--right Before Election

Guest InTheKnow

The vote on Mr. D'Arco's contract was unanimous.  Why is it that responses are only requested from Carol, Jim and myself?  FYI, D'Arco's new contract was presented with reasonable requests for changes.  Even though, several of those requests were denied by the Council.  After having researched the contracts of Administrators of other towns that share similarities in population, size, and economics etc. with Kearny, it was deemed that Mr. D'Arco's contract is, in fact, average, compared to most others.

What give backs were included? I don't think any! Looks like the KFD alone are the only one's that give backs were demanded of. Don't the council think they could have been as fair to the KFD as they were with everyone else? The council could have stepped in and given the 24 hr,. shifts with a reasonible raise 2 yrsa. ago & saved loads of $ on litagation but they didn't. You left it in the hands of the great negociator's.

Will any council person answer the ? What GIVE BACKS ???

Of D'arco has no Give backs, he sets the rules ..He is the TOP employee of the town ...meaning the "rest" rolls down hill. The Council doesnt speak unless he moves thier necks ..at least it seems that way. And now how can D'arco say anything about Mayor Al when the Lawyer pact has spoken and settled his contract before it is even finished...Nice Deal. Lets see how many Things D'Arco and the Council can Give Away over these next few years ... And fill All the Lawyer pockets while doing So....Wake Up people make them Accountable

So he only got raises in his contract? Is this true Mr. Mangin? The man who is crying about the towns financial status just took & took & took! Is this true Mr. Mangin? The man who is demanding givebacks from the FD (only!) gave nothing back to this town! I'm not picking on you Mr. Mangin it's just that your the only one who has the b-lls to answer ?'s.

I never said anything about "givebacks" in the Business Administrator's contract. Go back and re-read the posts. LACP mentioned requests that were denied, not me. If that's what you're talking about, direct your questions to her, not me.

Councilman Jim Mangin

Well seems that Maybe Mister Mangin can answer that , Guess  Mr Mangin Voted to increase his salary and renew his contract.

Mr Mangin will you answer.

*G.R.I.P.  you know what it stands for.

Sure, I'll be happy to answer. The Business Administrator's salary is approximately $130,000. His new contract calls for the same salary increases as for other managerial employees, which is a 3.8% increase for this year. His health benefits, vacation pay, holiday pay and personal holidays are all consistent with the Dept. Heads union.

Why did I vote for it? Because I believe he does his job well. Remember, his job is to run the business of Kearny government according to the direction he receives from the Mayor and Council. Two years ago there was an extremely good working relationship between this administration and the Town unions (PBA, FMBA, CS11). What changed? I don't believe D'Arco changed, I believe the direction he receives changed. That direction he receives from the Mayor, who I also believe has changed.

Councilman Jim Mangin

Do you believe the members of the FD do thier job well? If your answer is yes how come thier contracts expired 2 & 3 yrs. ago? They tried to negociate a new contract starting 6 months before expiration of thier last contract. Why has no council member tried to help with this debacle? I guess everyone of you was to busy being impressed by how well the BA was doing his job. This makes me sick!!!!

To answer your question - yes, I do believe the Kearny Fire Department does their job very well. And I feel they are very deserving of a contract. And I also think it is ridiculous that they have been without one for so long. I even agree that the situation is a "debacle."

I disagree with your statement that no councilmember is working on a resolution. The problem is we are prohibited from speaking about negotiation issues (but not the status of negotiations). Still, I can definately understand your (and the firefighters') frustration. Keep the pressure up.

Councilman Jim Mangin

The vote on Mr. D'Arco's contract was unanimous.  Why is it that responses are only requested from Carol, Jim and myself?  FYI, D'Arco's new contract was presented with reasonable requests for changes.  Even though, several of those requests were denied by the Council.  After having researched the contracts of Administrators of other towns that share similarities in population, size, and economics etc. with Kearny, it was deemed that Mr. D'Arco's contract is, in fact, average, compared to most others.

What give backs were included? I don't think any! Looks like the KFD alone are the only one's that give backs were demanded of. Don't the council think they could have been as fair to the KFD as they were with everyone else? The council could have stepped in and given the 24 hr,. shifts with a reasonible raise 2 yrsa. ago & saved loads of $ on litagation but they didn't. You left it in the hands of the great negociator's.

Of D'arco has no Give backs, he sets the rules ..He is the TOP employee of the town ...meaning the "rest" rolls down hill. The Council doesnt speak unless he moves thier necks ..at least it seems that way. And now how can D'arco say anything about Mayor Al when the Lawyer pact has spoken and settled his contract before it is even finished...Nice Deal. Lets see how many Things D'Arco and the Council can Give Away over these next few years ... And fill All the Lawyer pockets while doing So....Wake Up people make them Accountable

So he only got raises in his contract? Is this true Mr. Mangin? The man who is crying about the towns financial status just took & took & took! Is this true Mr. Mangin? The man who is demanding givebacks from the FD (only!) gave nothing back to this town! I'm not picking on you Mr. Mangin it's just that your the only one who has the b-lls to answer ?'s.

I never said anything about "givebacks" in the Business Administrator's contract. Go back and re-read the posts. LACP mentioned requests that were denied, not me. If that's what you're talking about, direct your questions to her, not me.

Councilman Jim Mangin

But, LACP will not answer truthfully!! She's probably doing ***** ** *** ***** ******* *!!!

KOTW Note: This post was edited. There was an implied meaning which KOTW though was inappropriate. It was a clever phrase but it still contained an inappropriate implied meaning.

Councilman Jim Mangin

I'm asking you were there any give backs? Did he give back any item that was part of his previous contract? I don't care what new items were denied although I'm surprised anything was denied. I just wanted to know what he gave back to a town that is in dire financial straits or is his motto "do as I say not as I do". Did the council consult the accountant who you hired to do the financials in other negociations? The one who claims there is no $. I guess that dosn't apply to the upper echelon.

• 2 weeks later...

Councilman Jim Mangin

I'm asking you were there any give backs? Did he give back any item that was part of his previous contract? I don't care what new items were denied although I'm surprised anything was denied. I just wanted to know what he gave back to a town that is in dire financial straits or is his motto "do as I say not as I do". Did the council consult the accountant who you hired to do the financials in other negociations? The one who claims there is no $. I guess that dosn't apply to the upper echelon.

I guess that nail got hit right on the head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Any ?'s

Archived