Advice to New Chief

Guest Uncle Junior

Guest Councilman
Doesn't anyon have answers to the crossing guard on Harrison & 3rd. She has missed over 80 days and still has a job. Mayor I think you should look into this. All the crossing guards had a meeting about days out. She was out the day of the meeting which was about her. Then when she came back she was never called in and told about her days out. Initials are **. It's really ridoulous how someone can miss that many days and still have a job.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Yeah, I have answers. The answer is : Mind your own freakin business or your food stamps are history.

Guest guest
So far, I agree with the transfers that you made. You really purged the FOP members by putting Kelly and Pete on Squads. You took care of your competition by placing Jimmy in charge of Patrol and the dispatchers which is one big pile of s--t. The transfer of Sergeants to different squads  is OK. You don't want them to continue their friendship with their Squad Commanders. But, you put the biggest whiner back in charge of the computers. Last time he had it, he asked to work Monday Tuesday Wed and Thurs with a 3 day weekend. He also asked for more money but when told that he would have to negotiate it with the PBA, he immediately resigned from handling the computers. I guess you and skippy had to throw him a bone because his brother-in-law-is a politician and thats how you guys got your jobs.

The Patrol Division is the most important part of the department. Your stocking the DB with PBA members and them using it as a clubhouse is going to bring you problems. Most of them couldn't catch a crook in Rahway State Prison. Six man Patrol Squads is going to cause plenty of OT when vacation times come around and the people you transferred start calling in sick. That's not going to look good on your year end report if you last that long.

Hopefully the pending lawsuit regarding your political promotions will bear fruit, and you will have to compete for the positions. Only then can you rightfully say you deserve it. Remember Derrick, what comes around goes around. :ph34r:

So let me guess you want FOP guys in the DB, like DR can't spell or maybe AG I hear he likes flashlights. :lol:

Guest Guest
So let me guess you want FOP guys in the DB, like DR can't spell or maybe AG I hear he likes flashlights. :)

:ph34r: if it walks like a jk it is jk just blowing off some, no more hudson co pros office for you ever! betcha :lol::):) yeah so he mistakly took your equipment come on let it go already betcha ;)B)B)

Guest Town Resident
So let me guess you want FOP guys in the DB, like DR can't spell or maybe AG I hear he likes flashlights. :ph34r:

The guy that's been writing all these posts on the HPD has got to be such an insecure A-hole. He way he gets off on this childish behavior shows a lot about his personality. I would bet he's a low-level patrolman who knows he's never going to be promoted because he doesn't have the brains. So he gets to feel important by voicing his opinions on a web site. Wise up, chump, this is as far as you go in life; posting BS on a web site.

The guy that's been writing all these posts on the HPD has got to be such an insecure A-hole.  He way he gets off on this childish behavior shows a lot about his personality. I would bet he's a low-level patrolman who knows he's never going to be promoted because he doesn't have the brains. So he gets to feel important by voicing his opinions on a web site. Wise up, chump, this is as far as you go in life; posting BS on a web site.

:lol::lol: hey he will be very busy soon 1000 garbage trucks a day rolling into town! hey were is kearny??????? ha ha ha ha :lol::lol:

Guest Guest
The guy that's been writing all these posts on the HPD has got to be such an insecure A-hole.  He way he gets off on this childish behavior shows a lot about his personality. I would bet he's a low-level patrolman who knows he's never going to be promoted because he doesn't have the brains. So he gets to feel important by voicing his opinions on a web site. Wise up, chump, this is as far as you go in life; posting BS on a web site.

you just named every patrolman in the department and then some.few are the non aholes, get your stories straight jk, we know you write shit and talk even more. no shocker there. :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Guest

A little advice Chief. Keep your enemies in front of you and even your friends. There are a lot of ambitious and malicious persons in the PD who will try to bring you down. Even when you send somebody to the FBI Academy and West Point Leadership and Command and assign them to the DB, they will betray you at the first opportunity. You know who that person is! Just look in the mirror.Make sure you have a loyal person to confer with and help you out. The persons that you have picked have a habit of complaining, putting grievances in and going to the prosecutor and AG.

Guest Guest
A little advice Chief. Keep your enemies in front of you and even your friends. There are a lot of ambitious and malicious persons in the PD who will try to bring you down. Even when you send somebody to the FBI Academy and West Point Leadership and Command and assign them to the DB, they will betray you at the first opportunity. You know who that person is!  Just look in the mirror.Make sure you have a loyal person to confer with and help you out. The persons that you have picked have a habit of complaining, putting grievances in and going to the prosecutor and AG.

you hit the nail on the head :lol: even those in other assigned positions newly appointed i would keep tabs on :angry: let the games begin come july fourth weekend :lol::lol::angry:

Guest Ralph Crandon

Wow, your only a provisional Chief and you got yourself a secretary. None other then a member of the Hinchcliffe family. Your the first Chief that needed a secretary. Can't you type or use the computer? Or is the Mayor's way of taking care of that family which has been fed a the public trowel forever? That little threat to run for Mayor by Michael must have the Mayor shaking in his plumber boots. You would have been better off using the money that you are paying for a secretary to buy equipment such as new portable radio's etc. The next demand will be to pay your computer technician more money and get him promoted to Captain. If not, he will go against you. :angry::lol::angry::lol:

Wow, your only a provisional Chief and you got yourself a secretary. None other then a member of the Hinchcliffe family. Your the first Chief that needed a secretary. Can't you type or use the computer? Or is the Mayor's way of taking care of that family which has been fed a the public trowel forever? That little threat to run for Mayor by Michael must have the Mayor shaking in his plumber boots. You would have been better off using the money that you are paying for a secretary to buy equipment such as new portable radio's etc. The next demand will be to pay your computer technician more money and get him promoted to Captain. If not, he will go against you.  :angry:  :lol:  :angry:  :lol:

It's Ralph Cramdon, you dumb sh-t.

Guest Town Resident
Wow, your only a provisional Chief and you got yourself a secretary. None other then a member of the Hinchcliffe family. Your the first Chief that needed a secretary. Can't you type or use the computer? Or is the Mayor's way of taking care of that family which has been fed a the public trowel forever? That little threat to run for Mayor by Michael must have the Mayor shaking in his plumber boots. You would have been better off using the money that you are paying for a secretary to buy equipment such as new portable radio's etc. The next demand will be to pay your computer technician more money and get him promoted to Captain. If not, he will go against you.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Ralph Boy,

Don't you recognize that your childish postings reflect negativly on the entire PD ?? I understand the fact that you're an A-hole doesn't mean anyone else on the PD is. But the image of one A-hole posting childish BS washes over to others on the dept. Of course, being the A-hole that you are, I'm probably wasting my time trying to explain your behavior to yourself.

Guest Guest

hey asshole. I'm the one who talked about the crossing guard missing so many days. What are you related to her that's why u said mind your own business. It is my business when there are people that would like a job like hers. And definely do a better job.

Guest Town Resident
hey asshole. I'm the one who talked about the crossing guard missing so many days. What are you related to her that's why u said mind your own business. It is my business when there are people that would like a job like hers. And definely do a better job.

So talking about a crossing guard being out sick makes you a big man ?? Get a life , you A-hole.

Guest Guest

Lets review the new Chief's first month.

1. He alleinated the Patrol guys by trnasfering all the Sergeants.

2. He alienated the Patrol guys by putting Marko and the boys on steady shifts as CPU Officers who do not do traffic and can't be used by the patrol commandres.

3. He put a bunch of sick leave abusers in the DB. It looks like an infirmary. Won't get any grievances now cause the PBA President is now a Detective. His brother in law is in the night DB so he can fix house during the day and rest at night.

4. He decreased the number of officers in the Traffic Bureau because he didn't know the importance of this unit.

5. His DC( Chief hide in the tall grass) is now in charge of CPU. The lollipop cops will now hide like they did before. The last group spent the afternoons in one of their homes watching " search for tomorrow".

6. He wants to get new uniforms with a yellow stripe down the side. How appropriate. Seems his buddy in Lyndhurst has his officers dressed in cowboy hats and french shirts. This too may become part of the uniform doing away with the traditional police uniform that has withstood the test of time.

Guest Town Resident

2. He alienated the Patrol guys by putting Marko and the boys on steady shifts as CPU Officers who do not do traffic and can't be used by the patrol commandres.

3. He put a bunch of sick leave abusers in the DB. It looks like an infirmary. Won't get any grievances now cause the PBA President is now a Detective. His brother in law is in the night DB so he can fix house during the day and rest at night.

4. He decreased the number of officers in the Traffic Bureau because he didn't know the importance of this unit.

5. His DC( Chief hide in the tall grass) is now in charge of CPU. The lollipop cops will now hide like they did before. The last group spent the afternoons in one of their homes watching " search for tomorrow".

6. He wants to get new uniforms with a yellow stripe down the side. How appropriate. Seems his buddy in Lyndhurst has his officers dressed in cowboy hats and french shirts. This too may become part of the uniform doing away with the traditional police uniform that has withstood the test of time.

Hey , the A-hole just woke up and posting more words of wisdom.

Guest Guest

Geez, give Ziggy and Skippy a chance, they just started and its awful stressful being Chief. But they should follow management 101: Take care of the Patrol Division, Give them the tools and manpwer to do their jobs. Insure job satisfaction by rewarding their positions. Rotate Officers in and out of the DB. After all, they are mostly after the fact guys who followup . The Patrol Officers are first to respons, and their initial efforts are most important to determine whether a crime would be solved. CPU was in vogue 10 years ago cause the Town received 450,000 to hire officers. Now with tight budgets and the state reducing the amount of aid each year, the effective police manager has to find ways to become more efficient. Increasing the size of the DB and putting Officers in CPU won't cut it. You could add civilian emplyees to the traffic bureau to increase revenue and this would be a productivity move.

Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.

Guest guest

WE WOULD LIKE FOR SGT.******** TO STOP DROPPING HIS GARBAGE ON THE STREET ON KINGSLAND AVE.LITTERBUG PUT YOUR GARBAGE IN THE CANS INSTEAD OF ON THE CURB WE SEEN YOU THE OTHER DAY.DO YOU DO THIS WHERE YOU LIVE SINCE YOU DO NOT LIVE HERE IN HARRISON THIS IS OUR HOME CMON POLICE DEPARTMENT.ENFORCE NO DUMPING BUT ANYONE.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Town Resident
Geez, give Ziggy and Skippy a chance, they just started and its awful stressful being Chief. But they should follow management 101: Take care of the Patrol Division, Give them the tools and manpwer to do their jobs. Insure job satisfaction by rewarding their positions. Rotate Officers in and out of the DB. After all, they are mostly after the fact guys who followup . The Patrol Officers are first to respons, and their initial efforts are most important to determine whether a crime would be solved. CPU was in vogue 10 years ago cause the Town received 450,000 to hire officers. Now with tight budgets and the state reducing the amount of aid each year, the effective police manager has to find ways to become more efficient. Increasing the size of the DB and putting Officers in CPU won't cut it. You could add civilian emplyees to the traffic bureau to increase revenue and this would be a productivity move.

Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.

The A-hole woke up and posting more childish BS.

Guest HopAlongCassiday

Remember the old days---

These are the days of smart educated officers---

The old boy network is long gone---

Remember "Ole yellow stain"----

S**K on this lollipop---

Many big egos from back in the day---

Very few distinguished careers---

If you'd ever reached the top you would know---

Or did you only go as far as you could reach--- :blink::blink::lol:

Guest One Who Knows

"This is the day of smart educated cops?" Wow, the old cops were not educated? The last 3 Chiefs had College Degrees with the last 2 having Master Degrees. You guys are still trying to attain a Bachelor degree. You think cause you went to the FBI Academy, that qualifies you to head the dept. I do believe that Charlie and Jimmy have College Degrees and are better suited for the job of Chief and Deputy Chief.

Never mind a lollipop cop like you. If I recall, the one time you were on street patrol, you went to a bar closing and got knocked flat on your back and the only reason you survived, was because VG came to your rescue and pulled your attacker off of you, cuffed him, and led him away. Now thats what I'm talking about. Are you guys afraid to compete? Have the test and let the best man attain the job, not someone who has spent his career a--kissing. As for s---king your lollipop, that's best left for the PC. :lol:B):D

Guest GUEST

FOR SGT. Y TO HAVE TO DROP HIS GARBAGE ON THE STREET HE SHOULD SHAKE HANDS WITH THE POLICE DISPATCHER WHO THROWS HER GARBAGE ON THE STREET.AND OF COURSE DO NOT FORGET THE TEACHER WHO THROWS HIS GARBAGE ON THE STREET OR IN THE FENCE WHERE THEY ARE BUILDING THE SCHOOL.MAYBE YOU CAN ENFORCE NO LITTERING MAYBE WHERE THEY ARE FROM.THEY LIVE WITH ALL THIS TRASH.MY QUESTION TO YOU WHEN THIS SCHOOL IS GOING TO BE BUILT WILL THIS TRASH COME OVER THE FENCE .WITH THE STADIUM OR WITH THE SCHOOL.COME ON HARRISON POLICE ENFORCE NO LITTERING ON THESE STREETS.

Guest Guest

I think they are too busy standing on the corner for hours and someone told me that they are short officers. somedays there are only 2 officers working, you think that a supervisor is going to answer the calls? get real and call the new chief he will take care of it.

FOR SGT. Y TO HAVE TO DROP HIS GARBAGE ON THE STREET HE SHOULD SHAKE HANDS WITH THE POLICE DISPATCHER WHO THROWS HER GARBAGE ON THE STREET.AND OF COURSE  DO NOT FORGET THE TEACHER WHO THROWS HIS GARBAGE ON THE STREET OR IN THE FENCE WHERE THEY ARE BUILDING THE SCHOOL.MAYBE YOU CAN ENFORCE NO LITTERING MAYBE WHERE THEY ARE FROM.THEY LIVE WITH ALL THIS TRASH.MY QUESTION TO YOU WHEN THIS SCHOOL IS GOING TO BE BUILT WILL THIS TRASH COME OVER THE FENCE .WITH THE STADIUM OR WITH THE SCHOOL.COME ON HARRISON POLICE ENFORCE NO LITTERING ON THESE STREETS.

Guest Footlocker.com
"This is the day of smart educated cops?" Wow, the old cops were not educated? The last 3 Chiefs had College Degrees with the last 2 having Master Degrees. You guys are still trying to attain a Bachelor degree. You think cause you went to the FBI Academy, that qualifies you to head the dept. I do believe that Charlie and Jimmy have College Degrees and are better suited for the job of Chief and Deputy Chief.

Never mind a lollipop cop like you. If I recall, the one time you were on street patrol, you went to a bar closing and got knocked flat on your back and the only reason you survived, was because VG came to your rescue and pulled your attacker off of you, cuffed him, and led him away. Now thats what I'm talking about. Are you guys afraid to compete? Have the test and let the best man attain the job, not someone who has spent his career a--kissing. As for s---king your lollipop, that's best left for the PC. :lol:  B)  :D

Officers being the operative word here--"Chiefs had College Degrees".

Does the new chief have one?

Does the future chief have one?

Your reference to VG--any real cop knew he was a cops cop.

Only the PIA'S who thought they were running the dept. because of who they were related to or who owed them a favor for whatever reason(and there was and still is a lot of that going on) had a problem with the guy--you were one of them??

As for the bar reference--I'm not who you think I am --but one

"Who Knows More".

You weren't the cop who stood by and watched all of this take place --were you?

In the twilight of your AK career I'm sure you wanted to be more than just an "Observer"?

Your lollipop is waiting....

:P:P:P

Archived