Sherri & Pettigrew Councilwomen

Guest Harry

Guest Harry

Hey Councilwomen Sherri & Pettigrew:

Please take a moment and reply to the question of the flooding issues in the second ward which you have seemingly ignored.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest second ward

Please take a moment and reply to the question of the flooding issues in the second ward which you have seemingly ignored.

LETS SEE THEY MIGHT ANSWER BUT THEY HAVE TO CHECK WITH SANTOS FIRST SO THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME BS STORY.

Guest guest
LETS SEE THEY MIGHT ANSWER BUT THEY HAVE TO CHECK WITH SANTOS FIRST  SO THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME  BS STORY.

Dear Harry, Five days old still no reply.I guess they could not contact Santos.If you cannot help the residents then I feel you should just hang it up.I guess its all about Mr. Ego Santos. :angry:

Guest A. Realist

Seemingly you have ignored the rather large gaping hole in the street near King and Ivy which will house a pump station dedicated to relieving the flood situation. Do you think it got there because the mayor and Council voted AGAINST it?

I love an election year, we take care of all the things that were put on the back burner. Too little too late, but what the hell do you care, I'm sure you don't live in that area under those conditions.

Guest King St.
I love an election year, we take care of all the things that were put on the back burner.  Too little too late, but what the hell do you care, I'm sure you don't live in that area under those conditions.

You are right telling Realist that he does not live under the conditions of flooding. My neighbors have lived this way for five years. As for the large hole on Ivy and King St. thats the pumping station. The Mayor and council had NOTHING to do with this pump station. Residents pleaded for help and they were ignored so they filed a lawsuit. They went to the DEP(Dept. of Environmental Protection) for help since they were living with a serious HEALTH HAZARD . The DEP and the residents engineer suggested the pumping station. So Realist can put away his cheerleader uniform for Santos and Crew. Santos , Councilwomen and Neglia did nothing. . NO PUMP NOTHING... I commend my neighbors for taking the BULL BY THE HORNS...

Guest A. Realist
I love an election year, we take care of all the things that were put on the back burner. 

Every year is an election year! Until now!

Perhaps you never noticed

Or maybe didn't care,

Elections here in Kearny

Were an annual affair.

But now those times are over,

They are the days of yore.

Our legislators passed the law

To make the magic number, FOUR!

Guest King St.
Seemingly you have ignored the rather large gaping hole in the street near King and Ivy which will house a pump station dedicated to relieving the flood situation. Do you think it got there because the mayor and Council voted AGAINST it?

Where do you get your information from? Oh let me guess Santos and Co. The Pump station is there because the RESIDENTS WENT to Trenton to the DEP . Look at the records..The public deserves to know the TRUTH.

Guest Need-to-know
Where do you get your information from? Oh let me guess Santos and Co. The Pump station is there because the RESIDENTS WENT to Trenton to the DEP . Look at the records..The public deserves to know the TRUTH.

Did the DEP order the project or suggest the project? Is the DEP or the town funding it? Answers to these two questions will make all the difference in how I see the situation? If the DEP only suggested the pump and the town found the money and followed through with the idea, then I think the town at least made an effort to help the problem. If the other solution would cost millions of dollars, I have to be honest as much as I feel real bad for those people, as someone who lives in another ward I would resent a thousand dollar or so increase to fix one block on King and I think other people might feel the same, so I'm praying that this works for them and for the rest of us.

Guest 4th ward voter
Did the DEP order the project or suggest the project?  Is the DEP or the town funding it?  Answers to these two questions will make all the difference in how I see the situation?  If the DEP only suggested the pump and the town found the money and followed through with the idea, then I think the town at least made an effort to help the problem.  If the other solution would cost millions of dollars, I have to be honest as much as I feel real bad for those people, as someone who lives in another ward I would resent a thousand dollar or so increase to fix one block on King and I think other people might feel the same, so I'm praying that this works for them and for the rest of us.

Did anyone answer this,I am curious too.

Guest Ra Ra
Every year is an election year! Until now!

Perhaps you never noticed

Or maybe didn't care,

Elections here in Kearny

Were an annual affair.

But now those times are over,

They are the days of yore.

Our legislators passed the law

To make the magic number, FOUR!

Please amuse yourself and go to some chat room.Residents are faced with serious problems on this post. You are the person who calls Santos the King. Oh he is the king all right. THE KING OF BS. FACT.

Guest A. Realist
Please amuse yourself and go to some chat room.Residents are faced with serious problems on this post. You are the person who calls Santos the King. Oh he is the king all right. THE KING OF BS. FACT.

I'm quite amused right here, thanks. You make it sound as though this board was the Nobel Prize Committee. Get a handle. This is a local discussion board with contributors with names like OldFart and Flagman.

Your Highness, Roi, Sire, Rex, Rey, Raja, Royal Majesty.....The King by any other name....for FOUR MORE YEARS! FACT!!!

I'm quite amused right here, thanks. You make it sound as though this board was the Nobel Prize Committee. Get a handle. This is a local discussion board with contributors with names like OldFart and Flagman.

Your Highness, Roi, Sire, Rex, Rey, Raja, Royal Majesty.....The King by any other name....for FOUR MORE YEARS! FACT!!! :lol: CAN YOU SAY OOOOOPS! :rolleyes:  :glare:  :lol:

Guest guest

Your Highness, Roi, Sire, Rex, Rey, Raja, Royal Majesty.....The King by any other name....for FOUR MORE YEARS! FACT!!!

Fact Santos has many broken promises and I can not wait till the dirt surfaces. And when that happens you can retire your cheerleader uniform..The truth will be told.

Guest guest

Again put away your Santos dolls and your cheerleader uniform. Fact more years of Santos BS stories..Are you in love with this guy or you on a power trip like Santos???l

Guest A. Realist
Again put away your Santos dolls and your cheerleader uniform. Fact more years of Santos  BS stories..Are you in love with this guy or you on a power trip like Santos???l

Okay on the dolls, but let me keep the uniform, pleeeease. After shaving all my body hair, I look so damned cute in it!

Since he just keeps on winning, I guess the whole town is in love with Santos, huh? POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

BTW: What ever happened to the dramatic eleventh hour anti-Santos team petitons and/or the extensive write-in campaign that was supposed to take place in the Primary? No takers?

Guest guest
Okay on the dolls, but let me keep the uniform, pleeeease. After shaving all my body hair, I look so damned cute in it!

Since he just keeps on winning, I guess the whole town is in love with Santos, huh? POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

BTW: What ever happened to the dramatic eleventh hour anti-Santos team petitons and/or the extensive write-in campaign that was supposed to take place in the Primary? No takers?

.As someone else mention wait till the sh** hits the news.. HA HA. Your lover boy cannot seem to help the residents who have environmental problems ex. S. Kearny PEOPLE SICK FROM THE SMELL. Raw sewage flooding in homes and the re opening of Keegan landfill. Now thats a joke.Since you love to keep posting and you praise Santos you should be man enough to post your real name. People know who you are. Just accept the truth this guy Santos made too many mistakes!!Power to the attorneys..

Did the DEP order the project or suggest the project?  Is the DEP or the town funding it?  Answers to these two questions will make all the difference in how I see the situation?  If the DEP only suggested the pump and the town found the money and followed through with the idea, then I think the town at least made an effort to help the problem.  If the other solution would cost millions of dollars, I have to be honest as much as I feel real bad for those people, as someone who lives in another ward I would resent a thousand dollar or so increase to fix one block on King and I think other people might feel the same, so I'm praying that this works for them and for the rest of us.

I checked all my notes, memorandums, etc. I have one memo where it says the DEP "suggests" the pumping station. But, another report states that the Town was "directed" to build the pumping station. My guess is the only ones with the real answer are those in attendence at the meeting with DEP.

But I think the sore point with the residents is that the DEP came up with (suggested) (directed) the pump station, not the Town or Town Engineer, after they were told nothing could be done for less than $49 million.

Jim Mangin

Guest Old Second Warder

Don't you get it...for the most part no one gives a damn.

Guest Ms. DeRay
I checked all my notes, memorandums, etc. I have one memo where it says the DEP "suggests" the pumping station. But, another report states that the Town was "directed" to build the pumping station. My guess is the only ones with the real answer are those in attendence at the meeting with DEP.

But I think the sore point with the residents is that the DEP came up with (suggested) (directed) the pump station, not the Town or Town Engineer, after they were told nothing could be done for less than $49 million.

Jim Mangin

On Jan. 15, 2004 the Town Engineer received a letter from the DEP stating that the Town had no short or long term solution to alleviate the sewage back ups. The DEP clearly states that Kearny develop a plan within 90 days of Jan. 15, 2004.On Mar. 22, 2004 90 days later the Town still had NO plan, the engineer suggested disconnecting our roof leaders and install a high pressure check valve .The Town was well aware that residents installed as many as 3 high pressure valves, sump pumps , gate valves many years ago and it did not help..More time went by so we the residents went to Trenton. The DEP DIRECTED the Town to design and build a community pumping station.

Guest Ms. K. DeRay
...and the Town is doing that, correct?

You are correct the Town is installing a pump station . Five years is a long long time to live with raw sewage in your home. . I did not give up I went to Trenton with other residents thats why there is a PUMPING STATION.

On Jan. 15, 2004 the Town Engineer received a letter from the DEP stating that the Town had no short or long term solution  to alleviate the sewage back ups. The DEP clearly states that Kearny develop a plan within 90 days of Jan. 15, 2004.On Mar. 22, 2004  90 days later the Town still had NO plan, the engineer suggested disconnecting our roof leaders and install a high pressure check valve .The  Town was well aware that residents installed as many as 3  high pressure valves, sump pumps , gate valves  many years ago and it did not help..More time went by so we the residents went to Trenton. The DEP DIRECTED  the Town to design and build a community pumping station.

Well, there's your answer.

You know you really have to admire the residents that have been putting up with this situation. They've really gone about this whole thing exactly as a citizen should. They encounter a very serious health problem that they didn't cause and brought it to the proper local officials. When they didn't get satisfaction they forced the Town into action by filing a lawsuit. When the legal process took so long (especially when you're dealing with raw sewage in your basement) they went to the media to let their neighbors know and to get their help. When all that pressure didn't result in any workable solution, they went to the State. And so now we know the DEP directed the Town to construct the pumping station.

Now the question for the rest of us in Kearny is, did it have to take this long? Did they have to live this way longer then they had to?

You really have to sympathize and admire these residents for their tenacity.

Jim Mangin

Guest A. Realist
Well, there's your answer.

You know you really have to admire the residents that have been putting up with this situation. They've really gone about this whole thing exactly as a citizen should. They encounter a very serious health problem that they didn't cause and brought it to the proper local officials. When they didn't get satisfaction they forced the Town into action by filing a lawsuit. When the legal process took so long (especially when you're dealing with raw sewage in your basement) they went to the media to let their neighbors know and to get their help. When all that pressure didn't result in any workable solution, they went to the State. And so now we know the DEP directed the Town to construct the pumping station. 

Now the question for the rest of us in Kearny is, did it have to take this long? Did they have to live this way longer then they had to?

You really have to sympathize and admire these residents for their tenacity.

Jim Mangin

What exactly does "directed" mean in this context? Guided? Instructed? Advised? To me it's about halfway between "suggested" and "mandated", so it's really not an answer.

I think that the State is purposely cautious in its wording because there is an abundance of varied case law on this subject. Logically, one would presume that a municipality would be responsible for this type of situation, however there are so many exceptions and exemptions in legal precedent, that a court case would be a crap-shoot for both sides.

Financially, while everyone professes to sympathize, I am not sure that all town residents would favor the more expensive, ultimate solution if it meant a huge property tax increase for everyone.

Ethically, you would hope that the municipality would at least make an attempt to alleviate the situation for these residents without bankrupting the rest of us....and so it has.

Archived