Accident Waiting To Happen

Guest commuter

Guest commuter

While I don't reside in North Arlington, I do commute thru everyday and shop in the mini mall on River Road frequently.

I'd like to know, why, if I can't make a left turn out of the laundramat parking lot, because of the obvious dangers; and if I can't make a left out of the drug fair end of the parking lot for similiar unsafe reasons; then WHY are the patrons of that horrible Arlington Diner allowed to clog up traffic, and possibly cause serious injury making a left across two lanes of traffic?

Why is there no sign posted there?????????????????

Guest RobB_Guest

If I'm not mistaken the mall owner/management can put a million signs up and with the exception of handicapped parking I believe they're all illegal/unenforceable because they have'nt been approved by the NJDoT. Don't take my word as gospel but I remember a lot of Stop signs that Hoboken put up were illegal because the town didn't get approval

• 2 weeks later...
Guest commuter

I know that there are even speed limit signs that are up in some towns that are not legal. But the fact of the matter is that I would think that crossing over two lanes of traffic would be against the law, since it's such a stupid thing to try to do. Yet not a day goes by that these stupid, ignorant people come out of the diner lot and insist on cutting across to make the left.This seems unbelievable that the police dept in NA hasn't put a sign there or put a cop in the lot to write a boat load of tickets, afterall, you are crossing a double yellow once you make it across without killing yourself. My fear is that one of these idiots will be inching across infront of me and then some unsuspecting person will make a left onto riverroad from the bridge, crash into this idiot, who will of course be plowed into me. I've come close a few times.

• 4 years later...
While I don't reside in North Arlington, I do commute thru everyday and shop in the mini mall on River Road frequently.

I'd like to know, why, if I can't make a left turn out of the laundramat parking lot, because of the obvious dangers; and if I can't make a left out of the drug fair end of the parking lot for similiar unsafe reasons; then WHY are the patrons of that horrible Arlington Diner allowed to clog up traffic, and possibly cause serious injury making a left across two lanes of traffic?

Why is there no sign posted there?????????????????

918[/snapback]

your point is well taken how ever it is up to us sane people to baby sit the less sane who dont have the skills to drive cautiously and responsably watch out for the other guy :)

Archived