William Street Skateboarders

Guest Cautious Driver

Guest resident

TO bad for what you want all this garbage in the street and the trash you bring you must be confessed you never pick up the trash what ever you are eating is always in the streets and the damage that you do to this property you and all the others will be on camera soon enough. they need the cameras in the hallways and get the trash out of there to.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Driver

Skater, Your cooperation is appreciated. Why have to fight over small things like who is making noise, and who is calling the cops. To settle it for everyone, why not knock on the councilmans door, Its the red Brick house, 3rd up from the corner. Tell him you are going to use his property until you can get some type of skatepark built. It should be a town event where they turn that useless roller rink into a skatepark, all it is going to take is a few boxes of nails, and donated wood, from local lumber supply stores. This way you have a place to skate, the residents of William Street have peace of mind, and the cops dont have to be bothered. I know you have tried in the past to get places with petitions, but remember that you can stop after a few tries, it sometimes takes a while, but until then do as we learned from great protesters in the past. Sit on the steps of the courthouse, make signs and skate infront of the town hall, block off entrances to the soccor field and roller rink, Those are some good civil, "sit in" style options to have a better chance of getting your way. Believe me when i tel lyou, it may not happen overnight, but when people see what you are doing, and you get publicity, they will join you, if you think about it, im sure most of the William Street Residents will have no problem helping you. So use some constructive forces, and get where this town needs to be as far as your recreational needs. Good Luck and dont give up, but remember to do things in the heart of the town. (town hall, courthouse, ballparks, soccer fields, roller rink, community center, etc.)

Guest Guest

Let the kids be. Skate all you want. It gives them something to do, stop complaining you were once kids too. Do you remember what is was like to be a kid or are you just that old. Get a life and stop complaining about these kids.

Guest Guest

Only in Harrison does a cop tell the kids it's OK to, "go play in traffic." Then he gets upset because adults are saying it's wrong. The kid who says he is a skateboarded seems more intelligent than the cop.

Guest bleh
Let the kids be. Skate all you want. It gives them something to do, stop complaining you were once kids too. Do you remember what is was like to be a kid or are you just that old. Get a life and stop complaining about these kids.

Oh just shut up, invite them infront of your house to have beer and weed, remember whe nyo uwere a kid, thats what you did. SO why not let them do what they want.

Guest Guest

I was a kid once and did the whole this annoyed adults, smoked alot of weed, and had a great time. No one bothered us thats how we should i turned out fine i have a great job (no not for the town) in New York City as a broker. Let them be kids, dont act like you were angels as kids cause you probably weren't unless you were the rat out of the group. Stop being loser get out of Harrison and get a taste of what the rest of NJ instead of decaying on your front porches worry about if some kid is going to skate on your street today. And stop being ignorant cops aren't trying to be thier friends, they are trying to establish a relationship, because not all cops are assholes.

Guest resident

if you want to do weed and drink go in front of the cops house he really does not have a problem with it he will if you are in front of his house with all the trash and garbage that you bring with you.lets see than if he has a problem with all the noise and garbage 24hours a day different story then.

Guest Guest

Why you answering this fool like he is really a Harrison Police officer and actually represents what the police think, if you notice in his post he talks about a lot under Rt 280 between Fer and Fifth, when u find that lot let me know.

Guest Guest
Why you answering this fool like he is really a Harrison Police officer and actually represents what the police think, if you notice in his post he talks about a lot under Rt 280 between Fer and Fifth, when u find that lot let me know.

I found it, maybe u should look again becuse it's there.

Guest Guest

Hey numb nuts! This cop ( The one in the previous post) thinks maybe you should pay more attention to your town. Maybe if you look behind wendys. You know where that is right? ok then . Walk to the drive thru order sign , then do an about face. Low and behold there is a lot there. Now. Look left and you'll see 5th St. ok now look right. That would be FER Blvd So. So far so good. This is where it gets tricky. Raise your eyes to a 45 degree angle. That big structure made of steel and concrete with all the cars and trucks on it. That would be Rt 280. Now lets review. We have a lot , 5th St. , FER Blvd and we have Rt 280. That would equate to a lot under Rt280 between 5th and FER. You Idiot. Who's the fool now?So let this post serve as official notice to you , that I have found the lot you could not find.

To the person who posted about me not living in Harrison and having family here and so on. You would be right , I dont live in Harrison and for some reason you equate that to not caring about this town. I dont have any family here nor do I have any "Hooks". I earned the job based on my qualifications not my family tree. As an outsider looking in I just find it disturbing that with all the ills this town is dealing with , skate boarders are a priority. Why not address educational concerns? How about recreation facilities used more by out of towners ( Courts )? How about a town racially divided english vs. non-english. How about the wanna be gang members roaming the streets? How about the financial issues facing the town?

I could go on but Im sure your aware of all of this. Are'nt you? I do talk to the kids instead of yelling at them. Just because I take the time to get to know the kids dos'nt mean Im trying to be their friend as you said. Chalk it up as a cop who really cares about the kids of the town he works for.

Guest Guest
Hey numb nuts! This cop ( The one in the previous post) thinks maybe you should pay more attention to your town. Maybe if you look behind wendys. You know where that is right? ok then . Walk to the drive thru order sign , then do an about face. Low and behold there is a lot there. Now. Look left and you'll see 5th St. ok now look right. That would be FER Blvd So. So far so good. This is where it gets tricky. Raise your eyes to a 45 degree angle. That big structure made of steel and concrete with all the cars and trucks on  it. That would be Rt 280. Now lets review. We have a lot , 5th St. , FER Blvd and we have Rt 280. That would equate to a lot under Rt280 between 5th and FER. You Idiot. Who's the fool now?So let this post serve as official notice to you , that I have found the lot you could not find.

To the person who posted about me not living in Harrison and having family here and so on. You would be right , I dont live in Harrison and for some reason you equate that to not caring about this town. I dont have any family here nor do I have any "Hooks". I earned the job based on my qualifications not my family tree. As an outsider looking in I just find it disturbing that with all the ills this town is dealing with , skate boarders are a priority. Why not address educational concerns? How about recreation facilities used more by out of towners ( Courts )? How about a town racially divided english vs. non-english. How about the wanna be gang members roaming the streets? How about the financial issues facing the town?

I could go on but Im sure your aware of all of this. Are'nt you? I do talk to the kids instead of yelling at them. Just because I take the time to get to know the kids dos'nt mean Im trying to be their friend as you said. Chalk it up as a cop who really cares about the kids of the town he works for.

Guest guest

First we had the lady cop, the tiny cop and the fat cop, now we have the dumb cop. He really isn't a cop he's sort of a mercenary who only comes to Harrison for a pay check. He thinks because our city fathers were dumb enough to hire him the residents of this town are also dumb.

Hew calls us jerks and numb nuts because all of the residents are not completely familiar with the geography of the community. He lists some of the things that are wrong with our community as if we couldn't add dozens of problems to his list ourselves.

He is concerned about the youth of our community, but not enough to coach a little league, pee wee football, or volley ball team like many of his peers are doing. His concern consists of talking to the youth in our community, and what does he tell them? To go, "play in traffic," despite protests from many town residents.

You sir, are an embarrassment to the Harrison Police Department. The best thing you could do for Harrison, is to leave town.

Guest GUEST

LEAVE THE TINY COP OUT OF IT . HE IS FOR THE CHILDREN OF THIS TOWN . JUST CAUSE HE HAS RESPECT AND DOES HIS JOB . KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK HPD .

Why does every topic have to end with something absolutely different then what the main issue is? This post was originally about the lack of respect the skateboarders had for the residents of William Street. Now its down to bashing "cops" that are putting up a post. It does not matter who is who on here, its just a means to express their opinion about what is going on in town. This post went from concerned residents, to constant bickering. That is why nothing gets done, because no-one can stick to a solid topic. <_<

Guest guest

the hpd is doing a fine job in the area of the k/c thanks to them this area is being take care inregards to this kids and some of the adults that are out there that are 18years of age hudson county jail is not far away. thank god we have these cameras maybe they can see what really is going on here.junvenile hall or hudson county jail take your pick harrison police department is not playing.

Guest I'll tell you why

I'll tell you why. This thread was to complain about skateboarders on William Street. The residents are to a point where they think something needs to be done about the many children playing on the street. Who is supposed to solve this problem, Isn't this a job for the police?

Then we have a poster, who says he is a police officer who points out we have the following problems:

1. Our educational system

2. Our lack of recreational facilities.

3. The wanna be gang members roaming the streets.

4. The out of town people using our recreational facilities.

5. The town's financial problems.

6. The ethnic divisions between English speaking and non English-speaking residents.

Therefore we should have to tolerate the kids playing on the street because we should solve our other problems first.

This guy is part of the problem, not the solution.

Guest Guest

Then we have a poster, who says he is a police officer who points out we have the following problems:

This is " The cop" again. Who knew my words would spark such anger and hatred? All I was trying to point out in my post was that people want us to treat the symptoms not the problem. The symptom being the skateboarders in front of your residence. We could chase them and that would solve yourproblem but they would just move to another location and then it would someone elses problem. So my post was aimed at solving the problem of , Where do we let the kids skate? I am open for suggestions.

Now for all the negative words about me just "coming to collect a check" , the best thing I could do is "leave town" me calling the residents dumb. idiots and numbnuts. Give me a break . I address one ignorant poster and now that remark applies to the whole town. Some of the people who post here only have one agenda, cause problems. You could say what you want about me, the department or whoever. Makes me no nevermind. Before I retire I would like to leave with this quote. From Molière, The Would-be Gentleman

"A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation."

Guest resident

i have a solution how about in front of your house all this thrash that they bring and fires that they start there is one kid in the group who i know for a fact is l8years of age clean these streets of all the problems on william street hudson county jail is in kearny or better yet hudson county youth house you mean to tell me these kids do not problems think again harrison youth forget about them. trash ritalin will really help.

Guest Guest

To the Cop

Your words haven't sparked anger, or hatred. However, there was no need for you to point out we should correct the problem rather than the symptoms, we already know that. Why don't you ask, "Where in Harrison do we land airplanes?" The answer is, we don't have a place. It's not you're responsibly to call anyone dumb or numb nuts, because of your superior ability or intellect. We don't even need you quoting from Moliere.

We do need you, to do what we pay you for, to enforce the law. Get off your butt and earn your check.

Guest Guest

Moliere translation.... patiently waiting for our HPD to moderately do some work. This is a quality of life issue and should be addressed. Feel bad for the kids, but there are taxpayers and rent paying citizens who want a better quality of life here in Harrison. One shouldn't have to move. Part of the job of the HPD is to enforce laws to help achieve this.

Unfortunately, skateboarding isn't the most popular activity in Harrison. If it was, do you think the soccer courts would be a skate park?

They took down the hockey rink to make room for a bigger soccer court, saying the rink wasn't used often. We'll it was always flooded. If they put the same effort to build other venues, maybe they would be used.

By the way, do they enforce the Residents Only rule in those courts?

Guest Guest

I hope the residents of William Street remember what has happened to their neighborhood when people like Doran, Dolaghan and McDonough come to their door looking for votes. What's happening with these kids is a disgrace to the Town of Harrison. This is what happens when you hire cops from out of town.

Guest I'm coming to you door and y
I hope the residents of William Street remember what has happened to their neighborhood when people like Doran, Dolaghan and McDonough come to their door looking for votes.  What's happening with these kids is a disgrace to the Town of Harrison.  This is what happens when you hire cops from out of town.

It has nothing to do with cops from out of town--it has to do with the kids and their parents and the schools and the teachers and the town recreation dept etc.etc.etc.

Guest RESIENT

DORAN ,DOLOGHAN OR THE MAYOR SHOULD REALLY GET THESE SKATEBOARDERS OUT OF THE STREET AND TAKE THERE TRASH SOMEONE ELSE WHEN ELECTION COMES ALONG VOTE THE OTHER WAY. WE NEED THE POLICE DEPARTMENT TO ENFORCE THE LAW NOT IGNORE THESE KIDS JUST BECAUSE THEY WERE KIDS.HOW ABOUT IN FRONT OF THE POLICE STATION IN THE ALLEY WAY THAT SHOULD BE SMOOTH SURFACE TRY SKATEBOARDING THERE NEAR THE POLICE STATION WITH ALL THE TRASH THAT YOU BRING AND SEE IF THAT IS O.K. THE DRESSER DRAW AND ALL THE GARBAGE THAT YOU ALL LEAVE BEHIND.PIGS.

Guest Guest
It has nothing to do with cops from out of town--it has to do with the kids and their parents and the schools and the teachers and the town recreation dept etc.etc.etc.

This is a cop out if I ever saw one. Blame everyone else for your lack of performance. Get off your butt and earn your check. Your do nothing attitude is a reflection on the entire department.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived