Jim Mangin run again

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jim Mangin Kearny needs you.Just wait Santos and his kids will mess up regarding Keegan Landfill. And then what you stated about the reopening will be the truth. We all know it must be cleaned up but not to reopen it to create other problems . Your time to LEAD this great Town will come.You speak the truth and you have the B***S to tell it like it is. I have been at the meetings in Kearny and it was like school children fighting everytime you would ask a question or make a suggestion all of them sitting up there would attack. It was crazy my neighbors attended and said they would never go back.Many people think your cool .........Sorry as for B. Sherry she did nothing for her ward and she doesnt even know whats going.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jim Mangin Kearny needs you.Just wait Santos and his kids will mess up regarding Keegan Landfill. And then what you stated about the reopening will be the truth. We all know it must be cleaned up but not to reopen it to create other problems . Your time to LEAD this great Town will come.You speak the truth and you have the B***S  to  tell it like it is. I have been at the meetings in Kearny and it was like school children fighting everytime you would ask a question or make a suggestion all of them sitting up there would attack. It was crazy my neighbors attended and said they would never go back.Many people think your cool .........Sorry as for B. Sherry she did nothing for her ward and she doesnt even know whats going.

LOL. And with your knowledge of html you can be the new Town Website Webmaster.

JW

Guest A. Realist
Jim Mangin Kearny needs you.Just wait Santos and his kids will mess up regarding Keegan Landfill. And then what you stated about the reopening will be the truth. We all know it must be cleaned up but not to reopen it to create other problems . Your time to LEAD this great Town will come.You speak the truth and you have the B***S  to  tell it like it is. I have been at the meetings in Kearny and it was like school children fighting everytime you would ask a question or make a suggestion all of them sitting up there would attack. It was crazy my neighbors attended and said they would never go back.Many people think your cool .........Sorry as for B. Sherry she did nothing for her ward and she doesnt even know whats going.

It would appear that poor, naive Kearny doesn't know yet how much it needs Jim Mangin, huh? Hasn't he tried to lead Kearny and the voters said, "No thanks"? Twice?

I guess everyone sees things from his own perspective. The way I see it, Jimbo is so insecure that he always had to challenge the Mayor on everything. But Santos is nobody's patsy and he was always prepared. Nine out of ten times----no---ten out of ten times, Santos was right.

As for the Grey Panther and Curly Top--the Second Ward never had such good representation. That's why they always win! Maybe you're not getting this, but VOTES SPEAK LOUDER THAN INSULTS. And here's some advice--don't get on the senior bus and bandy Mrs. Sherry's name around. The riders will beat you to death with their canes.

Guest Guest
It would appear that poor, naive Kearny doesn't know yet how much it needs Jim Mangin, huh? Hasn't he tried to lead Kearny and the voters said, "No thanks"? Twice?

I guess everyone sees things from his own perspective. The way I see it, Jimbo is so insecure that he always had to challenge the Mayor on everything. But Santos is nobody's patsy and he was always prepared. Nine out of ten times----no---ten out of ten times, Santos was right.

As for the Grey Panther and Curly Top--the Second Ward never had such good representation. That's why they always win!  Maybe you're not getting this, but VOTES SPEAK LOUDER THAN INSULTS. And here's some advice--don't get on the senior bus and bandy Mrs. Sherry's name around. The riders will beat you to death with their canes.

Say what you will and yes he tried twice,but he was right. And you know that. Keep spreading the butter of how wonderful this administration is and your going to slip on it.

Guest Guest

insults are all you've hurled at Mr. Mangin. he is right. you are a coward who practices a double standard. you say dont insult Sherry or Santos but its ok for you to insult Mr. mangin. well, for your information i've known him and his family for years. he gets involved only because he loves Kearny and the people in it. he is no politican because he doesn't sell out and thats what you have to do to be successful. but you sir are a hypocrite and a coward. youre probably a successful politican.

Guest A. Realist
insults are all you've hurled at Mr. Mangin. he is right. you are a coward who practices a double standard. you say dont insult Sherry or Santos but its ok for you to insult Mr. mangin. well, for your information i've known him and his family for years. he gets involved only because he loves Kearny and the people in it. he is no politican because he doesn't sell out and thats what you have to do to be successful. but you sir are a hypocrite and a coward. youre probably a successful politican.

I really enjoy getting a rise out of you guys! I can just visualize the frenzy to respond.

If I ever said not to insult Sherry, obviously no one on this board has listened. My razzin' of Jimbo is just tit-for-tat. I don't really see him as villainous. You folks were pickin' on the Grey Panther long before I started posting. C'mon now, admit it.

When you declare me a "successful politician", you're half right. I am successful. Hypocrite? Look who's talkin'----GUEST. At least I post under the same pseudonym all the time. And stop wasting your time trying to insult me. You see, I would actually have to respect you before your words could be effective.

Happy Mothers' Day, especially you, Grey Panther!!

Guest A. Realist
Say what you will and yes he tried twice,but he was right. And you know that. Keep spreading the butter of how wonderful this administration is and your going to slip on it.

You're not grasping this whole "election concept", are you? See, if more voters think your opponent is right, YOU LOSE. But I like the line about the butter. Precious, just precious! Now go rest. You must have a headache from all that creative thinking.

Guest guest151
I really enjoy getting a rise out of you guys! I can just visualize the frenzy to respond.

If I ever said not to insult Sherry, obviously no one on this board has listened. My razzin' of Jimbo is just tit-for-tat. I don't really see him as villainous. You folks were pickin' on the Grey Panther long before I started posting. C'mon now, admit it.

When you declare me a "successful politician", you're half right. I am successful. Hypocrite? Look who's talkin'----GUEST. At least I post under the same pseudonym all the time. And stop wasting your time trying to insult me. You see, I would actually have to respect you before your words could be effective.

Happy Mothers' Day, especially you, Grey Panther!!

This is about how great Mangin is not about your leaders who bul****t all the time. Is Santos and his crew your idiols? Sherry is no panther.. Panthers stalk she is a puppet... Mangin might have lost before but he will make a come back .Mangin tells it like it is and thats what we need in Kearny.At the Town meetings Santos should say WELCOME EVERYONE IAM THE MAYOR AND THIS IS MY PUPPET SHOW.............

Guest guest151
Yeah, yeah ,yeah. And the South will rise again, pigs can whistle and hell is frozen over!

Where was your mayor and his puppets when Keegan Landfill was going to reopen in the 90s???Where oh where were they back in the 70s when the reopening of landfill in the meadows???? And the list goes on..This is about Mangin how he will be the mayor next time. What a HONEST MAN WHO HAS THE B**LS TO STAND UP AND TELL IT LIKE IT IS. THATS WHAT THIS GREAT TOWN NEEDS MR. HONEST MANGIN..MR. MANGIN WE ARE OUT HERE TO SUPPORT YOU IN THE FUTURE.Oh I cannot wait to see MOUNTAIN SANTOS... CLEAN THE SITE BUT DONOT REOPEN IT..........................

Guest Guest

As for the Grey Panther and Curly Top--the Second Ward never had such good representation. That's why they always win!  Maybe you're not getting this, but VOTES SPEAK LOUDER THAN INSULTS. And here's some advice--don't get on the senior bus and bandy Mrs. Sherry's name around. The riders will beat you to death with their canes.

Yeah they're right on top of the flooding problem!

Maybe they can carve the images of the boy Prince and the yes girls into the mountain of debris. Kearny's mini Mt. Rushmore.

Guest Guest
Where was your mayor and his puppets when Keegan Landfill was going to reopen in the 90s???Where oh where were they back in the 70s when the reopening of landfill in the meadows???? And the list goes on..This is about Mangin how he will be the mayor next time. What a HONEST MAN WHO HAS THE B**LS TO STAND UP AND TELL IT LIKE IT IS. THATS WHAT THIS GREAT TOWN NEEDS MR. HONEST MANGIN..MR. MANGIN WE ARE OUT HERE TO SUPPORT YOU IN THE FUTURE.Oh I cannot wait to see MOUNTAIN SANTOS... CLEAN THE SITE BUT DONOT REOPEN IT..........................

90's... Everyone who was on the Council spoke against opening the landfill based on the parameters given at that time.

70's... I would think everyone except Councilwoman Sherry was probably still in school or not born yet.

Tells it like it is... Mangin may tell it like he sees it, but that doesn't mean that's like it is. Usually he sees it like no one else does. Let's see how long he lasts as Treasurer of East Newark before his genious gets him canned.

Clean the site but don't reopen it... If you could do that without encapsulating it, you'd be rich.

Guest guest151

Yeah they're right on top of the flooding problem!

Maybe they can carve the images of the boy Prince and the yes girls into the mountain of debris. Kearny's mini Mt. Rushmore.

[/quote Are you speaking about the flooding on Fish House Rd. ?As for cleaning up Keegan Landfill you do not need to make a 60foot high of debris to acheive this. Check out other states they did not have to make a mountain to clean up a toxic landfill? I love that the yes girls how RIGHT you are..Mangin will be a future mayor..

Guest A. Realist

This is about how great Mangin is not about your leaders who bul****t all the time. Is Santos and his crew your idiols? Sherry is no panther.. Panthers stalk she is a puppet... Mangin might have lost before but he will make a come back .Mangin tells it like it is and thats what we need in Kearny.At the Town meetings  Santos should say WELCOME EVERYONE IAM THE MAYOR AND THIS IS MY PUPPET SHOW.............

I'm actually getting quite concerned about your "puppet fixation". You know, they're doing great things with psychoanalysis. You really should look into it. If you ask me it has something to do with infantile projection and separation anxiety---you know puppet strings, apron strings. Ah, never mind. This is way over your head.

Guest Guest
I'm actually getting quite concerned about your "puppet fixation". You know, they're doing great things with psychoanalysis. You really should look into it. If you ask me it has something to do with infantile projection and separation anxiety---you know puppet strings, apron strings. Ah, never mind. This is way over your head.

Just think we will now have our mayor for four years instead of two this November.

I've said publicly that I will run again, but not this year - for a few reasons. If I ran this year that would make my fourth election in the last four years. That's extremely unfair to my family, not to mention my friends that I'd be hitting up for money. I sincerely appreciate the thought though.

Jim Mangin

Insecure? I don't think I'm insecure. If I was insecure than I would've sat quietly at Town Council meetings, kept my mouth shut and just voted 'yes' all the time. That's what an insecure person would do. Do you know anyone like that?

If I was insecure I would post on this forum under a phony name and take cheap shots at people who are working out in the open trying to make this Town better. That's what an insecure person would do. Kinda like you.

If I was insecure than whenever someone challenged a statement I made I would make some inane comment like - "I'll only answer what I want, when I want to." That's what an insecure person would do. Kinda like you.

Here's another challenge about your hero Al Santos for you to ignore. You say he was right ten out of ten times. I say I can list ten times where he was wrong on the law and I was right. For the record, I never went to law school.

Would an insecure person make a challenge like this? Probably not. But an insecure person would ignore it.

Kinda like you.

Jim Mangin

Oh now I see. You take shots at me (not so anonomously) because others have taken shots at Barbara Sherry (anonomously). Reminds me of a lesson I once taught Chris (my son, not yours). He reads this forum so I won't embarass him.

Jim Mangin

90's... Everyone who was on the Council spoke against opening the landfill based on the parameters given at that time.

70's... I would think everyone except Councilwoman Sherry was probably still in school or not born yet.

Tells it like it is... Mangin may tell it like he sees it, but that doesn't mean that's like it is. Usually he sees it like no one else does. Let's see how long he lasts as Treasurer of East Newark before his genious gets him canned.

Clean the site but don't reopen it... If you could do that without encapsulating it, you'd be rich.

F.Y.I. In the 90's it wasn't just the Town Council that spoke against the re-opening of the Keegan Landfill. Two public hearings (one in Lyndhurst and one at Kearny High) were packed. I don't recall seeing any of the current Town Council members at either hearing. But, to be fair - Councilwoman Doyle did attend at least two rallys we held against the HMDC afterward.

Also, it wasn't the 70's when we fought to get the landfills closed. It was the 80's. I was in school then, but it didn't stop me from speaking at HMDC meetings or even when we formed the motorcade to Trenton.

As for your claim that you can't clean the site without encapsulating it - how do you explain the closing of the 1-D Landfill, which was cleaned without encapsulating it? I'm no "genious" but I'm smart enough to know when to ask questions.

Jim Mangin

Guest Guest
F.Y.I. In the 90's it wasn't just the Town Council that spoke against the re-opening of the Keegan Landfill. Two public hearings (one in Lyndhurst and one at Kearny High) were packed. I don't recall seeing any of the current Town Council members at either hearing. But, to be fair - Councilwoman Doyle did attend at least two rallys we held against the HMDC afterward.

Also, it wasn't the 70's when we fought to get the landfills closed. It was the 80's. I was in school then, but it didn't stop me from speaking at HMDC meetings or even when we formed the motorcade to Trenton.

As for your claim that you can't clean the site without encapsulating it - how do you explain the closing of the 1-D Landfill, which was cleaned without encapsulating it? I'm no "genious" but I'm smart enough to know when to ask questions.

Jim Mangin

I never said it was just the Council that spoke against the re-opening, nor did I say anything about the present Council members being there or not. Just your spin.

Doesn't your arm get tired reaching so far to pat yourself on the back all the time?

The 1-D and the Keegan are two totally different sites, with different needs to remediate. As far as we know, there are no plans to use the 1-D for any usefull purpose. On the other hand, there are very pro-active plans for Keegan. Because of these plans it must be capped due to severe surface leeching, which will continue for years after you and I aren't around.

You left yourself wide open in your last sentence, but in the spirit of fare play, I'll just keep it to myself. :ph34r:

Guest A. Realist
Insecure? I don't think I'm insecure. If I was insecure than I would've sat quietly at Town Council meetings, kept my mouth shut and just voted 'yes' all the time. That's what an insecure person would do. Do you know anyone like that?

If I was insecure I would post on this forum under a phony name and take cheap shots at people who are working out in the open trying to make this Town better. That's what an insecure person would do. Kinda like you.

If I was insecure than whenever someone challenged a statement I made I would make some inane comment like - "I'll only answer what I want, when I want to." That's what an insecure person would do. Kinda like you.

Here's another challenge about your hero Al Santos for you to ignore. You say he was right ten out of ten times. I say I can list ten times where he was wrong on the law and I was right. For the record, I never went to law school.

Would an insecure person make a challenge like this? Probably not. But an insecure person would ignore it.

Kinda like you.

Jim Mangin

Jimbo.

There are all kinds of coping mechanisms for insecure people. Some do sit quietly to hide their insecurity; others present an aggressive, almost pompous facade to the world. Do you know anyone like that?

When will you ever catch on to the fact that you can neither goad me nor insult me. I am much too comfortable with myself to fall for that.

For the record--I did go to law school!! (Another big clue)

Guest Old Second Warder

You must be new to the 2nd Ward and the logistics of politics. We had many effective council people elected in the days when they had REAL competition. I suspect the "girls" have had a much easier time of it.

Jimbo.

There are all kinds of coping mechanisms for insecure people. Some do sit quietly to hide their insecurity; others present an aggressive, almost pompous facade to the world. Do you know anyone like that?

When will you ever catch on to the fact that you can neither goad me nor insult me. I am much too comfortable with myself to fall for that.

For the record--I did go to law school!! (Another big clue)

Goad? Probably. Insult? Wrong. If you haven't noticed my posts to you are always responses to something you wrote about me - including some insults. If you take my responses as insults, here's how you control that - stop posting about me. It's clear your m.o. is to post about me and wait for my response. My response will include a challenge to you on the facts which you ignore. Then, you call my post an insult, but never mention my challenge. Like I told your sister, you can't have it both ways.

As for the clues, give it up already. I figured out who you are a long time ago (see my post of April 21). It's no wonder why you won't take up any of my challenges on the facts. Unless, of course you agree with me. Ball's in your court (and has been for some time). I'm guessing you still can't prove me wrong.

Jim Mangin

Archived