Doreen Cali v. J. D'Arco

Guest Fly on Wall

Guest Guest
Being as this site HAS been visited by members of this council since my last post, I wonder . . . .  WHY NO COMMENT?  You either know these complaints to be false, or they are true and you are willing to defend him.  Otherwise, your silence suggests you hope this will just go away.  I will keep this topic current and at the forefront.  I hope D'Arco will go away.

What say you??

Please don't excuse this by claiming the savings he has brought the town, he has spent as much as he saved, albeit it was spent in different places.  (That is: legal bills, and of course his own pockets.)

Certainly one of our leaders will share their vast wisdom on this subject.

See Babs, I, too can talk "tongue in cheek."

B.A.'s make their living going from town to town, time to send this one on his way.

I'll be shocked if one of the "girls" answers you.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Loki

So will I, but I had to ask.

I find it amazing that they answer questions they want to, guns blazing; yet other times, they just hide and refuse to debate quality issues.

It can't be about loyalty, as both D'Arco and Cali are BOTH town employees. However, when things go wrong, they like to blame Mr. D'Arco, perhaps its "re-election insurance."

Until next time, I'm still waiting for an answer.

Guest Town Employee
So will I, but I had to ask.

I find it amazing that they answer questions they want to, guns blazing; yet other times, they just hide and refuse to debate quality issues.

It can't be about loyalty, as both D'Arco and Cali are BOTH town employees.  However, when things go wrong, they like to blame Mr. D'Arco, perhaps its "re-election insurance."

Until next time, I'm still waiting for an answer.

Is it possible that you are really this clueless??? This is a personnel matter with legal implications. Some elected officials actually honor their obligation to refrain from public discussion of such issues.

Guest Loki

Honor, obligation------ not this lot. I'll stick with the concept that this B.A. cannot be defended on this score.

Legalities aside. When this much conflict follows one man from town to town, and employee to employee it is not coincidence. The truth, and this is just my opinion, is that this man has cost Kearny as much as he has saved them, and oh yeah, apparently his "people skills" leave much to be desired.

P.S. This is not the only unanswered topic that has arisen on this board. If you truly are a "town employee" and defend D'Arco, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Well, does D'Arco still work for the Town of Kearny???????

Guest Guest
Is it possible that you are really this clueless???  This is a personnel matter with legal implications.  Some elected officials actually honor their obligation to refrain from public discussion of such issues.

ok kim. sorry. won't happen again.

Guest Guest 99
Is it possible that you are really this clueless???  This is a personnel matter with legal implications.  Some elected officials actually honor their obligation to refrain from public discussion of such issues.

Unfortunately, yes, most are "really this clueless". Far too many people just open their yaps and blurt out the first thought that comes to them because it makes them feel soooooo important. And, it feels good to demean others without a chance of reprisal. They're nothing but a bunch of street corner politicians blowin' in the wind. :lol:

Guest Old Second Warder
That seems to be the case, but I think the Mayor is allowing this to go on. If he was truely concerned about losing the clerk this would no longer be an issue. Since when does the administrator over rule the council?  He works for them. D'Arco is costing this town mega bucks with his legal ensemble of attorneys and at the same time  causing the council/town to lose an excelent and qualified clerk as well as friend. Think about this council members.

Remember, Ms. Cali was not chosen by Santos. When she was first appointed Vartan was Mayor and probably none of the Santos followers were on the council. Santos only wants people in positions that are in his "inner circle" and Doreen doesn;t fit into that. He'll never trust her. He wants his own person and has allowed and maybe condoned D'arco's treatment of Cali so she will quit and he can appoint his own person.

Guest Guest
Unfortunately, yes, most are "really this clueless". Far too many people just open their yaps and blurt out the first thought that comes to them because it makes them feel soooooo important. And, it feels good to demean others without a chance of reprisal. They're nothing but a bunch of street corner politicians blowin' in the wind.  ;)

But of course not you. :lol:

Guest Guest
Unfortunately, yes, most are "really this clueless". Far too many people just open their yaps and blurt out the first thought that comes to them because it makes them feel soooooo important. And, it feels good to demean others without a chance of reprisal. They're nothing but a bunch of street corner politicians blowin' in the wind.  ;)

You and Mrs. Sherry are the biggest loud mouths on this board. Except when the time comes to really stand up for someone.

Guest Guest

Excellent description of D'Arco!

Guest Guest

Tend to say the person that is clueless is you. How about "Some elected officials actually honoring their obligation" to step up and deal with the BA. Doesn't he report to them. Maybe the town should sell lottery tickets for the next BA.

Win a job

collect a fortune

destroy morale

report to no one

Guest Pete Paul & Mary

Blowin in the wind! How many times can a man turn his head and pretend that he just doesn't see. yea blowin in the wind! Open your eyes and while your at it open your ears then try to practice what you preach and shut your yap! ;)

Guest Guest
When is D'Arco's last day?  Soon, right?

He has over a year and a half left on his contract. He will get re appointed.

At a recent function I heard the Town officials said he can say as long as he wants.

Guest Guest
He has over a year and a half left on his contract. He will get re appointed.

At a recent function I heard the Town officials said he can say as long as he wants.

You've got to be kidding! Is that true? Did you really hear that?

Guest Guest
Tend to say the person that is clueless is you. How about "Some elected officials actually honoring their obligation" to step up and deal with the BA.  Doesn't he report to them.  Maybe the town should sell lottery tickets for the next BA.

Win a job

collect a fortune

destroy morale

report to no one

I want one of those tickets,when do they go on sale?

Guest Loki

The fact that he has a year and a half left, and they say he can stay as long as he wants is bad enough. My big problem is, I'm still not sure the council realizes that HE WORKS FOR THEM!! If, every once in a while, there was some accountability instead of obstruction and deflection of blame, this wouldn't seem so ridiculous.

Guest Loki

I do not mean to suggest that poor Mr. D'Arco be unemployed. Only that its time for him to move to a new town.

We've had him long enough, with nothing to show for it.

Guest Loki

It might be tough to keep this topic current, but I'm both patient and persistent.

Mayor and Council isn't it time D'Arco got his walking papers, or do you support the practice of belittling the town employees? The tail wags the dog. (Unless you are willing to stop it.)

Rumor has it that D'Arco gave away property tax abatements for the parking lots in front and in back of Mandees and for the building on Kearny Avenue where the Sopranos film (owned by I believe our Deputy Mayor) Is this true? It appears Cali caught D'Arco and the Mayor passed some revised resolutions at the last meeting correcting the error. Was he doing it intentionally or is he that stupid? Isn't there a conflict in the Mayor voting on a resolution that effects the Deputy Mayor's property.

Guest Loki

It's been over a week since I even mentioned an employee's name with regards to this topic. People claimed it was a personnel matter and the Santos' gals were guided by honoring their obligations.

If D'Arco has saved this town so much money, please enlighten me. Be sure to go back to before we had Business Administrators, and subtract the increased legal fees that the taxpayers have been forced to cough up.

If you save money in one pocket, and then use that money for other expenses it no longer seems like a savings. Of course, I suppose that's open to interpretation, though I don't see how.

JOE MUST GO!!!!

Guest Guest
It's been over a week since I even mentioned an employee's name with regards to this topic.  People claimed it was a personnel matter and the Santos' gals were guided by honoring their obligations.

If D'Arco has saved this town so much money, please enlighten me.  Be sure to go back to before we had Business Administrators, and subtract the increased legal fees that the taxpayers have been forced to cough up.

If you save money in one pocket, and then use that money for other expenses it no longer seems like a savings.  Of course, I suppose that's open to interpretation, though I don't see how.

JOE MUST GO!!!!

Before Leo brought Czeck to Kearny as the Business Administrator Jim Cantlon the Town Clerk for 25+years did everything as part of his job. Just like D'Arco's wife who's the Clerk/Administrator in Bloomfield.

Town of Kearny Town Code

2-6 ADMINISTRATOR

2-6.7 Powers and Duties

x. The Administrator, at the request of the Mayor and Council, shall also serve as Town Clerk when, and if, the current Town Clerk shall resign or the position oth­erwise becomes vacant.

Get the picture?

Guest Loki

I remember fondly the days of Jim Cantlon. He gave many years of good service to the town. Now, we get hired guns who bounce from town to town, loyal only to their own wallets; ever searching to sweeten the deal.

So, I guess its only natural that D'Arco might try to claim another job. I'm sure at a lucrative salary increase for himself. See, more money saved.

Surely, this would upset someone other than just me. What says everyone else?

Guest Tired Taxpayer
It's been over a week since I even mentioned an employee's name with regards to this topic.  People claimed it was a personnel matter and the Santos' gals were guided by honoring their obligations.

If D'Arco has saved this town so much money, please enlighten me.  Be sure to go back to before we had Business Administrators, and subtract the increased legal fees that the taxpayers have been forced to cough up.

If you save money in one pocket, and then use that money for other expenses it no longer seems like a savings.  Of course, I suppose that's open to interpretation, though I don't see how.

JOE MUST GO!!!!

How much in increased legal fees? Are the fees the results of the unions in town fighting back? He was hired to manage the town. Holding people accountable is part of the job. He is here to make sure the taxpayer gets the most for their buck when it comes to personnel issues in the town. Some people have been bitching since he was hired becuase the 32 hour work week , 2 hour lunches without punching, and other great perks were questioned and enforced. It sounds like a lot of people have a problem with accountability in this town.

Archived